No announcement yet.

Ichabod Crane/ Abbie Mills Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ship them romantically and as friends. Both bonds work for me. Although, I've never followed the story of Sleepy Hollow. So, I didn't know
    Spoiler:
    that Katrina picks the Hessian. Can someone say what made her do that?

Originally posted by Twi'lek View Post
    It's nice to see that TM is throwing some support to Ichabbie. Now we just have to see what the writers and producers do with the show.

LadyBlue, I remember that with BSG. It's never good when the writers go in one direction, get the fans hyped up about it then go in another direction. It divides your audience into camps and you risk losing a large portion of your audience if you go in a different direction. SGA did it with Ronon/Keller, and many believe with John/Teyla. They also outraged John/Liz fans.
    I've googled and done some searching and there is so much on Ichabod/Abbie, and so very little for Ichabod/Katrina (except for the movie and old cartoon). The fans of the show just are not shipping Ichatrina (or at least very little).
    I for one do not want an OOC affair between Ichabbie. I prefer the complexity of the feelings/friendship, and then more friendship development with a little angst thrown in. Once the storyline with Katrina is resolved (Se goes back to pergatory, crosses over into death, Sacrifices herself for Jeramy or Headless... whatever happens in the future) then I would like to see what happens with Ichabbie relationship wise.
    But if the writers just say flat out never mind Ichabbie is over, I will not be happy. The relationship/friendship has already compelled me (and others) to care, and to want them as the endgame.
    I wouldn't want to see an affair either. Technically, some say Katrina and Ichabod aren't married because she died and was in purgatory, but he still considers her his wife because when he woke up that's all he knew because for him no time has passed. That's changing now, but I still think they have some unresolved things to work through, and I want to see what this Hessian tries with her. I don't think it will work in making her willingly choose him, but you never know. Right now, I'm happy to see Ich and Abbie as partners. I'd love to see things maybe got further later on, but not right now.

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
    D

Yes, so do I. The writers/directors struck gold pairing these two. I heard the screen test was pretty awesome for them. I need to get the S1 DVD set.
    Oh, I'd imagine they had a nice screen test seeing how well they work together on the show. That must have been great.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
      I ship them romantically and as friends. Both bonds work for me. Although, I've never followed the story of Sleepy Hollow. So, I didn't know
      Spoiler:
      that Katrina picks the Hessian. Can someone say what made her do that?
      If memory serves me correctly...
      Spoiler:
      It wasn't actually the Hessian, but the town hero.
      Katrina apparently was the catch of the town. All the guys wanted her and she was well aware of that. Ichabod was the nerdy school teacher. She was smitten by both men for different reasons. Anyway after a Halloween party Ichabod has an encounter with the legendary Headless Horseman (which the story leads us to believe is actually Braun, the town hero). Ichabod disappears and no one knows why. Then Katrina marries Braun the town hero.
      sigpic

Comment

In the original story...

Spoiler:
        I guess Katrina picked Bram, and Icabod (a school master) ran off somewhere.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I'm looking forward to next Mondays episode. I'm still thinking it will be all about Katrina, Ichatrina and Katrina/Headless even tho the producers are saying there will be plenty of Ichabbie. I'm not going to get my hopes up but rumors are flying.

TGIF everyone.
          sigpic
          Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Interesting that in the original story, Katrina does not end up with Ichabod. I'm not sure how this will effect the direction the show takes. I'll have to wait and see like everyone else.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't why the leads of all shows must hook up. Still like this friendship though.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all of the info on the original story. I'm looking forward to this Monday's episode. I hope they have the captain there too.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                  Thanks for all of the info on the original story. I'm looking forward to this Monday's episode. I hope they have the captain there too.
                  Me too. I miss Irving! I can't wait to see how he gets out of his very difficult situation. I'm also hoping for some nice Ichabod/Abbie friendship growth. I know they have some issues to deal with. I'm expecting a heavy Katrina episode tho.
                  sigpic

Comment

It was pretty heavy Katrina and the ratings were lower. Hopefully this weeks will go back up.

The best part of the episode for me was the bank scene. I also enjoyed Abbie and Kindred fight scene against War and Headless. That was awesome.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      I don't why the leads of all shows must hook up. Still like this friendship though.
                      I think because it sells. Even on a non romantic type show ( like Stargate) even though there is little romance, the fans will see what they want to see between the characters. It helps sell the show and gets viewers emotionally attached to the characters.

Actually it is not the norm for the leads to 'hook up' and especially end up together, when it is a lead WOC and a WM. usually the woman of color is usually just a friend... Especially in the Sci-FI/fantasy genre. And the rare times it does happen (Eureka's Carter and Alison) there is always a voice in the fandom railing against it.
                      I never really thought about it until I started participating in the Sleepy Hollow fandom, and the fandom began to point this out. There is no one in other fandoms making these type of claims for their leads to stay plutonic. In fact in most fandoms the fans want their leads to hook up or end up together in the end.
                      I try my best to ship based on chemistry between the characters... And I do not ship a whole lot. I guess that is why it's never bothered me if the ship is a mixed race or a different race from myself, married, not married, or alien/human lol. Being half white and Latina, there aren't many couples like myself to ship anyway.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
                        I think because it sells. Even on a non romantic type show ( like Stargate) even though there is little romance, the fans will see what they want to see between the characters. It helps sell the show and gets viewers emotionally attached to the characters.

Actually it is not the norm for the leads to 'hook up' and especially end up together, when it is a lead WOC and a WM. usually the woman of color is usually just a friend... Especially in the Sci-FI/fantasy genre. And the rare times it does happen (Eureka's Carter and Alison) there is always a voice in the fandom railing against it.
                        I never really thought about it until I started participating in the Sleepy Hollow fandom, and the fandom began to point this out. There is no one in other fandoms making these type of claims for their leads to stay plutonic. In fact in most fandoms the fans want their leads to hook up or end up together in the end.
                        I try my best to ship based on chemistry between the characters... And I do not ship a whole lot. I guess that is why it's never bothered me if the ship is a mixed race or a different race from myself, married, not married, or alien/human lol. Being half white and Latina, there aren't many couples like myself to ship anyway.
                        Most people don't notice things like this so kudos for speaking up about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm Looking forward to tonight's episode. I'm liking Nick. He's already got Ichy jealous lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

He's jealous of who now? I thought he was just looking out for her.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think Ichabod is jealous that Nick knows things (his need to be the smartest guy in the room) He does not like Hawley at all
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X