• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death in Heaven (3412/812)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 34
    DEATH IN HEAVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3412 (812)
    With Cybermen flooding the streets of London and threatening the entire globe, U.N.I.T. swoops in to try and contain Missy. But the Doctor’s confrontation with an old friend is interrupted by Clara and the surprise survival of Danny Pink.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 11 November 2014, 09:44 PM.

Holy Shmoly!!!
    Think thats one of the best episodes of new Who, but a shame they killed Osgood and suprised they killed the Master (but she'll be back...)...

So, both of them are lying to eachother on their departure, so will Clara be back?

Comment

wtf what just happened? was missy the master and how did she come back from the dead?
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Why do i feel like that episode was anti climactic?

Why the lies from the doctor?? Clara I can understand, total awesome move from Danny though, he should be the benchmark which the doctor judges humanity. Shame he didn't witness it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
          Why do i feel like that episode was anti climactic?

Why the lies from the doctor?? Clara I can understand, total awesome move from Danny though, he should be the benchmark which the doctor judges humanity. Shame he didn't witness it.
          Because the Doctor assumed Danny would be back and he wanted Clara to think he'd be going back home and wouldn't need a companion anymore.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Pretty good, some great touches (Missy's 'safety briefing' line made me laugh out loud) and actually sort of glad to see Clara go. Very sad to see Osgood go though, was really hoping we'd get at least one more episode with her if not at least one trip in the TARDIS - even if her knowledge of Gerry Anderson TV series isn't perfect.

So many twists and turns I will probably have to watch it again to make sure I didn't miss anything.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

That was such utter rubbish throughout. There were some fun moments individually but they didn't amount to anything. We know nothing more about Missy and how she escaped than we did last time, and she got vapourised. Which means the next time they want to use the Master they'll be another headache trying to explain that away.

The Clara is the Doctor thing was bad enough. Even before they pointless modified the title sequence for it.

Most damningly the Doctor is entirely passive the whole episode and does next to nothing to resolve the situation. If Missy hadn't literally handed him the cybermen's off button the day would not have been saved. And her big speech about him is nothing we haven't heard already.

I want to like Capaldi's Doctor. But we need new writers. Moffat's plots are wearing very thin.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

The way they killed Osgood (or "Yes" as she should be known ) It seemed too quick.. does Missy's Killamajig actually kill?

I want "Yes" back!

But CyberDanny He was far better than regular Danny

One of the best episodes for a long time ...Still not a fan of Clara trying to be The Doctor though..

But the ending, the lying to each other and going their separate ways.. I expect it's to set up the reunion in the Christmas episode..

Comment

I loved the nods to The Brigadier. I quite enjoyed the episode, will miss Jenna Coleman as a companion but the way it ended with her and The Doctor lying to each other to ease the change was nice though I feel Clara's lie was just in response to The Doctor's.

Shame about Osgood but as Moffat said on Dr Who Extra a death to a character who was liked was needed to show the threat of Missy.

Comment

Much of an anti-climax: last week's was a better episode (IMO).

Comment

Oh, and I presume we're all agreeing that Missy teleported away at the end, and wasn't "killed" by her own device?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                        Oh, and I presume we're all agreeing that Missy teleported away at the end, and wasn't "killed" by her own device?
                        That was certainly my assumption. Bananas though she may be I expect her demonstrated transmat/teleport has something akin to a Hostile Action Displacement System built into it. Michelle Gomez was too good in the role for that to be her only outing.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

oswood was found alive at the end?
                          "You don't know half of it".
                          Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

No, that was Kate. Osgood was killed by Missy on the plane.

Of course given the Zygon situation in Day of the Doctor and the Doctors' resolution of that situation, there is a slim chance that we could see Osgood again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                              No she was shot and vaporized by the Cyber Brigadier.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X