No announcement yet.

Flatline (3409/809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you need to go and lie down for a wee bit in a darkened room, let your brain cool down.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ok... Ok... Now we're getting somewhere...

I wish they'd had last ep, and then this ep, 1-2 stories earlier in the season... though really just because as it was, my comfort zone was pushed far far to close to the edge...

What the hell is he talking about Jo?

Ah well, so last week we had that lovely scene at the end, with the Doctor and Clara finally reaching a turning point. Yes, sadly it involved Clara lying to her boyfriend (boo hoo), but there was that recognition that the Doctor is making the hard decisions...

And, now in Flatliners, Clara is forced into the Doctor's shoes, having to do all the things we see the Doctor do from week to week, and it helps to reinforce (for me if no one else) that the Doctor is the Doctor... Thank God! (And even though it was a Doctor lite story!)

The concept was kind of interesting... But on the whole, I found the story very flat... (har har). I didn't really engage with the guest cast, and whilst the threat was new and original, I never felt really threatened. Actually, talking of lite... it almost made me think of Love and Monsters in terms of threat value.

Nonetheless, Clara did a good job, and 12ie (Twelvie... Think Fonzie) was pretty good too in his shrinking TARDIS.

Unfortunately then the TARDIS' force field, and a very (again) flat, quite unemotive Doctor stepped in to save the day. It actually really caused me dismay, because - it basically should have carried itself like 10 riding a horse through a mirror, or 11 standing atop a fallen plinth at Stonehenge and doing lots of shouting... But instead there was some Scottish mumbling and... the end.
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

I quite liked this one. Clara's getting to be my favorite companion.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X