No announcement yet.

Flatline (3409/809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor: I know a race of sentient gas that throw fireballs as a friendly wave.

When I heard this the first thing I thought of are the ghasts from minecraft. Aw man, I feel so bad for killing them now. They weren't trying to kill me, they were just trying to say hi.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

This was an excellent episode.......This last week and the bank heist were my stand out episodes this series....

I dug up some other examples of wonky TARDIS events...

Planet Of Giants (Hartnell) – The TARDIS (and occupants) are shrunk to about the size it gets to in this ep

Carnival Of Monsters (Pertwee) – TARDIS lands inside a miniscope which doesn't so much shrink the TARDIS as place it inside another miniturisation field

Death To The Daleks (Pertwee) – All powered machines (including the TARDIS) are drained by the City Of The Exxilons

The Time Monster (Pertwee) & Logopolis (Tom Baker) – TARDIS inside a TARDIS and power drain in the latter

The Name Of The Doctor (Matt Smith) – Giant TARDIS resulting from failing dimensional stabilisers

Any more?

BTW Is Missy a possible incarnation of The Doctor, or The Master?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I think she is the hand that picked up the master's ring.
        "You don't know half of it".
        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I thought this was an excellent episode, sort of Doctor Who meets Misfits. DWM says this was the Doctor-lite episode of this series, but it was difficult to tell.

I thought the monsters were nicely frightening and I just loved the Doctor doing his Addams family thing with the TARDIS. It looked like a hermit crab.

I see Clara is now lying to both the Doctor (about Danny knowing she is travelling with him) and to Danny as well. Poor Danny. She has the lies lined up on her phone so she can select one at random.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

BTW Is Missy a possible incarnation of
          Spoiler:
          The Doctor, or The Master?
          Missy being
          Spoiler:
          the Master is the most frequent explanation I've seen. Missy = Mistress = Master.

But when she had a picture of Clara on her ipad, the first thing that sprang into my mind was the Black Guardian and the way he was with Turlough.

She is described as being the Guardian of the Nethersphere.

So I wonder if she is a Guardian, but whether she is the White Guardian, the Black Guardian, the Celestial Toymaker, or another Guardian altogether I don't know.

Or are those explanations just too obvious & she is something new?

BTW I have an idea of who Danny is, but something else occurred to me and the whole idea has mushroomed. I need more clues.

8/10
          Last edited by Blencathra; 19 October 2014, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
            I think she is the hand that picked up the master's ring.
            No. It was established in "The End of Time (Pt. 1)" that the Master's ring was picked up by the prison governor (played by Teresa Banham) who was a member of Cult of Saxon.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Overall I quite enjoyed this episode.

That bit after the TARDIS got restored was to me quite classic Doctor. Monsters threaten his companions and one of his favorite planets (he does keep picking mere Earthlings for companions) and defeats said monsters.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I thought it a bit odd that PC Forrest's station contacted her via her personal mobile phone, rather than her police issue Airwave radio.

But then again, the Airwave system does suffer from the occasional blind spot.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                  And bad luck for the merchandising folks: too close to Christmas for the siege mode TARDIS paperweight...
                  Ta daaa!

http://www.rubbertoereplicas.com/#!p...e-mode%27-cube

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    £50?!?! Blimey, I'm in the wrong business...

...because I'm still thinking of buying one.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      £50?!?! Blimey, I'm in the wrong business...
                      I was thinking much the same thing.
                      ...because I'm still thinking of buying one.
                      I dunno. Quite fancy one of the watches though.
                      sigpic

Comment

My xmas gift has arrived

Comment

What about the Rani?

Comment

What about the Rani?
                            What about her?
                            sigpic

Comment

What about the Rani?
                              BINGO!

..... Sorry... I've been watching these threads and playing "Random character return guesswork bingo" for weeks now.

But no, I sincerely doubt it's Rani.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                What about her?
                                Could Missy be The Rani? Or a Doctor from an alternate universe? Or The Doctor......

Or.........

What if Clara is actually part of Missy, or linked to Missy, and she's really The Rani, maybe she splintered part of herself off like the Jaggeroth in City Of Death and became Clara to trap the Doctor?

Comment

Working...
                                X