X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched it again and still feel very iffy on it. 5/10
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

British astronauts in an American shuttle in a ripoff of the Apollo 18 storyline?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Really not sure what to make of this episode tbh, after reading all the pre episode hype about it being eally good and a game changer...
        I think the game changer bit was because The Doctor didn't stay to hold Clara's hand while she made a decision..

It clearly means he's evil now

But like he said, it's not his planet, not his moon and not the future of his species that will change. So why should he be expected to make the decision for them?

Comment

Hmm.

That's about all I can say. By and large good, but interrupted by moments of 'hmm'.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Indeed.. The human race lost interest in going to space.. How is that possible? Titan is right there! How can anyone not want to go to Titan?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              Indeed.. The human race lost interest in going to space.. How is that possible? Titan is right there! How can anyone not want to go to Titan?
              Because that's where the TET is and the TET is bad news
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Only got to see it today on DVR. Not impressed on first glance, not even sure where to start. Perhaps by watching it again...

Comment

I kinda called out the moon bit. I didn't expect it to be an egg but with the title saying "Kill the Moon" and them calling the spiders bacteria, I was like "It's a living moon, isn't it?"

My problem was the supposed moral debate that the Doctor just immediately picks a side to. In the one episode where the space whale was carrying a city, it was clear the Eleventh Doctor was torn up on what to do, he recognized the gray of the decision. In this one, Twelve just decides which one.

This is the 'baby on one set of railroad tracks and a dozen people on the other', moral question, except instead of a dozen people it's not several billion people and Twelve is able to just pick one and act as if the answer is black and white.

sigpic
                  Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                    I kinda called out the moon bit. I didn't expect it to be an egg but with the title saying "Kill the Moon" and them calling the spiders bacteria, I was like "It's a living moon, isn't it?"

My problem was the supposed moral debate that the Doctor just immediately picks a side to. In the one episode where the space whale was carrying a city, it was clear the Eleventh Doctor was torn up on what to do, he recognized the gray of the decision. In this one, Twelve just decides which one.

This is the 'baby on one set of railroad tracks and a dozen people on the other', moral question, except instead of a dozen people it's not several billion people and Twelve is able to just pick one and act as if the answer is black and white.
                    Different Doctor. Different rules.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Erm, what did the doctor decide?
                      He made his case, then left it to the Humans to decide.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

To follow the references to the past...

"Well, Vira, now that's sorted, we'll be off. Not my place to decide whether you leave these thousands of sleeping humans to become the first meal of the new Wirrn hatchlings... Ta tar."
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          He favored the baby moon. While he did not act on it and left it for the three humans to decide, he treated like the situation is straight forward with a clear right and wrong. After Clara stopped the nuke detonation he told her he always had faith that she would make the right choice. If we are to believe what he said about being genuinely clueless of what will happen, that means he put a right and wrong in a morally grey question.

Baby or a billion people on the rail road track. Clara was about to sacrifice the billion people for the baby. Doctor says she made the right choice.

sigpic
                          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            As above, he chose the moon creature. But he did so after analysis and decided that the other set of railroad tracks would disintegrate and therefore not be a problem. He could have been wrong though.

Comment

He favored the baby moon. While he did not act on it and left it for the three humans to decide, he treated like the situation is straight forward with a clear right and wrong.
                              So?
                              Sometimes things don't need a debate, Certainly Courtney did not need one to state her POV. As to how he treated the situation, he let the humans involved make EVERY decision. Did he make his case? Sure. Did he enforce it? No.
                              To HIM it was a purely right or wrong answer, so what?
                              After Clara stopped the nuke detonation he told her he always had faith that she would make the right choice. If we are to believe what he said about being genuinely clueless of what will happen, that means he put a right and wrong in a morally grey question.
                              Where is this "moral Greyness"?
                              Saving your own arse is NOT moral, it IS understandable however.
                              The Doctor never said humanity would die if they let it hatch, In fact, they even COVERED what may happen if the moon was gone, and it was not a species extinction event. He DID cover what it would be like to have a giant corpse floating the Earth to keep it's tides and toys in line however.

Baby or a billion people on the rail road track. Clara was about to sacrifice the billion people for the baby. Doctor says she made the right choice.
                              Your analogy requires an absolute outcome, this did not have one. Your analogy fails, sorry.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Kind of surprised no one picked up on the whole "Maiden, Mother, and Crone" thing going on with Courtney, Clara, and Capt. Lundvik.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X