• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill the Moon (3407/807)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 34
    KILL THE MOON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3407 (807)
    The Doctor and Clara take one of her students to the Moon in the year 2049, where they encounter a team of astronauts have been sent to blow it up -- unaware of the impossible choice that lies before them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 October 2014, 09:48 PM.

That was rather good. Liked that a lot.

Spacesuits come in kids' sizes now?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

1. Why the hell did anyone think it was a good idea to keep Courtney in the Tardis?

2. I do not like giant spiders!

3. Is it me or did Clara seem younger in this?

4. Oh come on...creature that's about to destroy the moon...anyone would have wiped it out...can't blame Clara for being pod at the Doctor...

Solid enough ep.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm not quite sure what to make of that episode... I liked it. I loved parts of it (You go Clara!)... It was just, more peculiar than usual.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Didn't hate it or love it. Liked the ending with Pink. Didn't like the ending with the moon.

Comment

Hmm. Weird episode, felt like a bit of a mess. Liked the scraped together space program using museum pieces (somebody's been reading Stephen Baxter's Titan), disliked the by now typical human response to something alien going on, the revelation about the Moon's nature felt, well, silly. It also felt tacked on and grossly underused, and I feel that more time should have been spent on that than on the spider-germ things.

Clara getting angry at the Doctor was well done but felt a little forced. I like Twelve more and more, but the show is feeling a bit strange - and strained.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I really didn't like this one. Ridiculous idea. The moon is an egg... that hatches a space chicken/soup dragon... that immediately lays an egg as big as itself?

Nor did I like writer Peter Harness having his three female characters discussing whether or not to kill a foetus, then telling us it's a realy bad idea to do so. Giving messages to the audience should be left to Star Trek.

Good things that I liked - the occasional Ark in Space references, Lanzarote looked absolutely brilliant as the moon and there was McLaren!! friom Porridge!

2/10
              Last edited by Blencathra; 05 October 2014, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                I really didn't like this one. Ridiculous idea. The moon is an egg... that hatches a space chicken/soup dragon... that immediately lays an egg as big as itself?
                Got to admit this really bothered me as well, but then Who doesn't exactly adhere to realistic science.

Nor did I like writer Peter Harness having his three female characters discussing whether or not to kill a foetus, then telling us it's a realy bad idea to do so. Giving messages to the audience should be left to Star Trek.
                Who is starting to feel very message heavy, which I do not appreciate. I also agree with a few friends of mine that the Doctor's anti-soldier sentiment is wearing thin. I think I get the character's reason for it, fine, but it is now forced and unhelpful.

Good things that I liked - the occasional Ark in Space references, Lanzarote looked absolutely brilliant as the moon and there was McLaren!! friom Porridge!
                I thought I recognised him!
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

This episode is a real mixed bag for me.

Eeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!! Did not like parts of it. The Moon is an egg... What? What? What?

The mood swing on Clara and her telling the Doctor off was the best part of the episode. It had been building up over the last few weeks and she let rip.. Good on you Clara.

Why is that kid now tagging along on the TARDIS?

The Moon is an egg....... Ugh I still can't believe they went there.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

No, 1.2 million tons lighter than itself.
                    I actually did not mind that part as it was dovetailed with the idea of not giving up looking to the stars, which is where the ep started. It's silly, but it is acceptably silly for Who.

It was NOT a foetus, it was 2 hours off being born!!
                    If ANYTHING the message I got from it is "My Human Children are more important than yours and I WILL kill to protect them" It's the same message that was used in "The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood".

2/10
                    Geez Blen, you REALLY didn't like it
                    I would give it a 3.5, but also say it was the worst ep of the season so far.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Dictionary definition of Foetus - the young of an animal in the womb or egg, esp. in the later stages of development, in humans being after the end of the second month of gestation.

Comment

Dictionary definition of Foetus - the young of an animal in the womb or egg, esp. in the later stages of development, in humans being after the end of the second month of gestation.
                        Latter, yes.
                        Last??
                        Either way you choose to parse it, Abortion has to do with before the fetal stage is achieved, and I don't know too many people that would be willing to abort a child when it could survive independently of it's mother/shell/womb. To claim that (as some have) that the story is about abortion is just wrong on so many levels. People simply are not saying "a mother at 37 weeks can abort a child", even the most hardened person would have thoughts about that. 5 weeks? 12 weeks? THAT is the grey area.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I liked this episode. It seemed to me that Clara basically forced him to take Courtney because he hadn't made her feel "special" enough and that was his way of making her happy.

I guess I'm alone in this, but I'm not liking Clara right now. I just don't like her attitude, the shut ups, the slap and warning of more slaps. It seems to me that she is still disappointed/angry that he is no longer the Doctor that she started her adventures with.

I also hope that the Doctor's frequent comments about Pink being a soldier are coming to an end. I like Pink and feel like he balances out Clara.

Comment

It was OK but there was something missing, cant quite put my finger on it.

It was nice seeing Eliis George, hopefully she gets good drama grades!
                            "You don't know half of it".
                            Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                            (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Really not sure what to make of this episode tbh, after reading all the pre episode hype about it being eally good and a game changer...

Comment

Working...
                              X