• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Heist (3405/805)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 34
    TIME HEIST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3405 (805)
    The Doctor and Clara are thrust into the middle of a high-security bank robbery with their memories wiped, and are pursued by a telepathic "Teller" threatening to destroy their minds with his ability to detect their guilt.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 September 2014, 09:19 PM.

A fun episode. I was hoping the bank's owner would be Missy lol. I do wonder how it fits into the whole universe. Surely the Daleks would try to invade?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Great episode, not least for being slightly out of the norm.

Comment

Good episode with an interesting concept.

Cant wait till the next two episodes now!

Comment

Oh look, it's Doctor Who does Mission: Impossible.

There was the mysterious briefing - The Architect/"Good morning Mr. Phelps".
          The Man with the Plan - The Doctor/Jim Phelps.
          The good looking girl - Clara/Cinamon Carter.
          The tech genius - Psi/Barney Collier.
          The master of disguise - Saibra/Rollin Hand.

The only member of the team that was missing, was a Wily Armitage "strong guy" type character.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

OK...

1. Beginning was very very warped...

2. OK...it became obvious who the Architect was...we know the Doctor doesn't like himself...

3. OK so...Doctor gives Carabos his details...and then she hires him...because she then decides she wants to save the Teller-creatures?

Crazy but fun!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

WHAT? Why? How? What?
              This didn't make any sense at all.
              But it was so well played out, that I as good as don't care.

Basicly, it's the eybrows! Loved it!
              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

It's like most bank heist movies... Bonkers but fun.

But... Did I hear a reference to Mr Tucker there?! The way Capaldi delivered a line...

I don't know the Tucker character/show, but did think they were very much leaving it behind, at least while he's playing the Doctor... Yes, it's going over any kids' heads... but still...
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Another fun episode. I liked the concept of this one.

I think I have it all clear in my mind, but I need to watch it again to be sure.

My only slight gripe with it was the use of the idea that "every lonely monster needs a companion" from Hide. But I'm not really grumbling too much about it, because it was nicely done.

Keeley Hawes was excellent.

BTW my daughter correctly guessed early on who had arranged the heist and who was in the private vault.
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 21 September 2014, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Now that was a fun episode. I really, really liked it.

But I am getting sick of Clara and her "date" and thing with Danny Pink
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Now that was a fun episode. I really, really liked it.

But I am getting sick of Clara and her "date" and thing with Danny Pink
                      So am I, I don't like this deal where the companion has to be dragged kicking and screaming into the Tardis.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                        So am I, I don't like this deal where the companion has to be dragged kicking and screaming into the Tardis.
                        Yeah that is getting kinda creepy

Comment

What's creepy about wanting to stay in one place for a while, and, trying to live an everyday life, and hold down a job?
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I think if there's any creep factor it's that the doctor can't just let her be and let her have a life.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              What's creepy about wanting to stay in one place for a while, and, trying to live an everyday life, and hold down a job?
                              Nothing, the creepy part is the Doctor dragging her off all the time under protest

Comment

Working...
                              X