• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen (3404/804)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 34
    LISTEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3404 (804)
    The Doctor and Clara go in search of a creature that the Doctor believes everyone dreams about in the dark, and wind up in Danny Pink's past and at the very end of the universe.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 September 2014, 10:35 PM.

Guess I'll start then...

There's definitely something drifting into this season: "is any of it real?" Last week, we had Robin being a robot, or not. Now we have things under the bed, that aren't.

More when I've seen it again.

Comment

i was hoping Mr Pink will be like Clara was with the Doctor, turning up in her timelines.
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Can we talk about the soldier toy.. and how Awesome (I misheard ) Orson Pink said it was something passed down through his family. It seemed they were hinting Clara was his great grandmother, but then the toy was left with the Doctor as a child.

Which raises a lot of questions...

Is Pinky a Timelord?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          Can we talk about the soldier toy.. and how Awesome (I misheard ) Orson Pink said it was something passed down through his family. It seemed they were hinting Clara was his great grandmother, but then the toy was left with the Doctor as a child.

Which raises a lot of questions...

Is Pinky a Timelord?
          I was wondering that. Well not Pink being a Timelord, I don't think that's the case, but I wonder if Clara gets that Danny and the Doctor's timeline's are a little more interwoven and he or she will get the soldier back at some stage.

Also.... was anyone else thinking about 'Midnight' when they were at the planet at the end of the universe?
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I was thinking "Silence" when The Doctor was describing "the monster" ..if there was one at all...

Comment

Interesting seeing the picture of Captain John (Torchwood) in the preview for next week. Saw a few characters who'd appeared in Torchwood (John), Who (Sliveen) and SJA (The Trickster).

That said, I am really curious about who was under the blanket, who wrote listen and what was at the door. Perhaps it's not really important, but I would guess something that's always there to be something worth exploring.

I can't say I like the foreshadowing of Pink possibly joining as a companion and the relationship with Clara. I'm not a fan of Moffet showing us the future then deciding to change his mind about it. It's not worked well in the past, I can't see it working now. Starting a relationship is fine, him becoming a potential companion is fine, but I think established grand kids and time travel is going a bit far. That's assuming it turns out to be her as the great grandmother.

sigpic

Comment

Can we talk about the soldier toy.. and how Awesome (I misheard ) Orson Pink said it was something passed down through his family.
                I made the same mistake

Returning to the apparent theme of 'is it real', the whole getting to paradise and "this is heaven" are all in the same vein.

The episode itself is very difficult, as last week's, in stylistic terms to those of Matt and even David. Could be better for the series but may alienate the younger fans...

Comment

Random thoughts.........

Spoiler:
                  And what was that line "he'll never be a timelord if he doesn't stop crying?" Wow, just wow?

So that was child Doctor? and his mummy and daddy?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they live in a house with a barn, how odd for timelords?

Oh and why won't Clara tell the Doctor about the child Rupert Pink she met being a younger version of Danny?
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Random thoughts.........

Spoiler:
                    And what was that line "he'll never be a timelord if he doesn't stop crying?" Wow, just wow?

So that was child Doctor? and his mummy and daddy?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they live in a house with a barn, how odd for timelords?

Oh and why won't Clara tell the Doctor about the child Rupert Pink she met being a younger version of Danny?
                    [spoiler] Well we have no idea if they were his mum and dad or not but you can possibly presume so. The line about his crying seemed like the kinda thing many a harsh parent has said to their child. You need to remember though Coco that just because he's Gallifreyan, it doesn't instantly make him a Timelord by default. Remember in the Sound of Drums the Doctor said children of gallifrey were taken from their families at the age of eight, but he never said it was every child.

As for Clara, it's fairly natural that she wouldn't tell the Doctor about Danny because as far as she's concerned from Into the Dalek, the Doctor would not approve of him...

Comment

I was thinking "Silence" when The Doctor was describing "the monster" ..if there was one at all...
                      Same, very similar to the Silence. maybe the Doctor is dreaming and Missy is real?
                      "You don't know half of it".
                      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Best episode so far this season, Capaldi's settled in the role (starting to love his snarky, slightly darker, tactless, frequently clueless and hugging-averse Doctor), Clara's more interesting than she's ever been and though bits of it felt forced or weak, overall I felt this episode was rather good.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Only since when has the TARDIS had that feature where you hold on and it follows the passenger's flight plan?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Only since when has the TARDIS had that feature where you hold on and it follows the passenger's flight plan?
                            Since the Doctor got it to put in a direct neural interface into the telepathic circuits? He redesigns the console every so often after all. Maybe he just decided that rather than the psychic link he has with the TARDIS anyway, he could do with one for other uses on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              Since the Doctor got it to put in a direct neural interface into the telepathic circuits? He redesigns the console every so often after all. Maybe he just decided that rather than the psychic link he has with the TARDIS anyway, he could do with one for other uses on occasion.

Seems awful convenient for this episode

I can think of a number of times that feature could have come in handy.

Comment

Working...
                              X