No announcement yet.

Robot of Sherwood (3403/803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do hope that they eventually release the deleted scene where the sheriff loses his head.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      I do hope that they eventually release the deleted scene where the sheriff loses his head.

Sherrif? I thought it was one of the silver robots that lost it's head. Didn't the Sherrif fall into the molten metal whole?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Sherrif? I thought it was one of the silver robots that lost it's head. Didn't the Sherrif fall into the molten metal whole?
        He was supposed to be beheaded, then put his head back on, it got..........cut because of the recent wold news about beheadings.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So there seems to be a theme developing here.. Broken things that need fixing.. The robots, the Dalek and now a ship.. Also the colour based names..

How does it all fit in with The Promised Land? The ship was heading there when it crashed, same as the robots in the first episode.. Are they related? And does that mean Missy is a robot as well?

*puts on Thinking Hat*

Comment

1. Only the Doctor would be cocky enough to take on a sword wielding Robin Hood with a spoon!

2. One of Clara's better eps.

3. The Sheriff would not have sunk probably but meh.

4. Most blarent fourth-wall breaking I can remember in new-school Who!

Very fun ep though!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              So there seems to be a theme developing here.. Broken things that need fixing.. The robots, the Dalek and now a ship.. Also the colour based names..

How does it all fit in with The Promised Land? The ship was heading there when it crashed, same as the robots in the first episode.. Are they related? And does that mean Missy is a robot as well?

*puts on Thinking Hat*
              Where do all the calculators go??
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Where do all the calculators go??

Silicon Heaven indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                  1. Only the Doctor would be cocky enough to take on a sword wielding Robin Hood with a spoon!

Very fun ep though!
                  Where did they break the fourth wall? Did I miss it?
                  Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                    Yeah I missed it too .... Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post

Very fun ep though!
                      Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                      Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Yeah I missed it too .... Where?
                      Robin says to The Doctor "I'm as real as you are"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        That's not so much breaking the fourth wall as it is lightly tapping on it.

A workmate of a mate has an interesting theory though. He reckons that these episodes might somehow all be in the Doctor's head, since so far they've all been to do with how the Doctor sees himself one way or the other.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hmm... Interesting idea.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

A workmate of a mate has an interesting theory though. He reckons that these episodes might somehow all be in the Doctor's head, since so far they've all been to do with how the Doctor sees himself one way or the other.
                            Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Hmm... Interesting idea.

It is an interesting idea but feels too close to "it's all a dream" and I probably wouldn't like that as a resolution....

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              I took that to refer to the fact that they both live off reputation and almost play up to an impossible ideal. All of Robin's "ahahahahaHA!' stuff was just play acting to present the idea of a light hearted and brave hero who was goodness incarnate, much as the Doctor often plays up to an ideal where possible as well.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

I completly agree. He wasn't speaking to the audience, but to the doctor. Sure that's the story refelcting about itselfe as beeing fictional but still inside the box, if you may say so. And it also was a nice reference to the Doctor talking to little Amilia
                                "We're all storys in the end" And it's true somehow isn't it? Whether something or somebody is real or just fictional. What stays is a story or nothing at all. I somehow like that idea.

And yes, that's an interesting theory, though like Coco, I think I'd be disapointed. But building up the tension, that it all might be just in his head, maybe letting the Doctor himself starting to wonder, could work guite well.

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                I took that to refer to the fact that they both live off reputation and almost play up to an impossible ideal. All of Robin's "ahahahahaHA!' stuff was just play acting to present the idea of a light hearted and brave hero who was goodness incarnate, much as the Doctor often plays up to an ideal where possible as well.
                                yes, you've got a point there. Maybe that's what makes them heros. Living up to an impossible ideal, allmost illuison, to keep others safe.
                                Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X