• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into the Dalek (3402/802)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 34
    INTO THE DALEK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3402 (802)
    The Doctor is given an opportunity to be miniaturized and go inside the body of his nemesis, in order to heal the Dalek and discover why it has turned against its own kind. Meanwhile, Clara meets a nervous new teacher at her school.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 September 2014, 09:08 PM.

maybe someone can explain how the Daleks keep getting resurrected? I'm sure they have been sucked into other dimensions and the universe has rebooted a few times? Why didnt the daleks recognize the Doctor? They did in the last season?

I think mr Pink is creepy lol.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

So, we saw Missy again, will everyone who dies turn up there I wonder, wherever there is...

Mr Pink, another mysterious character, wonder what his secret is...

Overall a good episode, need to rewatch it though...

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
        maybe someone can explain how the Daleks keep getting resurrected? I'm sure they have been sucked into other dimensions and the universe has rebooted a few times? Why didnt the daleks recognize the Doctor? They did in the last season?

The Daleks were officially ressurected permently in Victory of the Daleks. That was the whole point, to get past this constant 'The Daleks are extinct... oh wait'. They're now back and a continuing menace, there's more of them than The Docto ever meets at one time.

I liked this episode. Capaldi is growing on me. He's still not there YET, but he's looking good. The episode itself was very strong. Very Classic Who in pacing and it worked. I definitely preferred the spaceywacey classic Sci Fi ness of this episode.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I have mixed feelings on this one. The effects were superb. The new Doctor has a nice edge to him. And the inside the Dalek concept was at least an attempt to put a new spin on it. On the other hand, the 'I am a Good man?' stuff was a little on the nose for me. And Clara having to teach the Doctor doesn't seem like a great concept to me.

Tighter and more focused than last week though at least.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post

The Daleks recognised the 11th Doctor because they downloaded Tasha's memories in Time of the Doctor. They don't recognise the 12th yet.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Probably the best Dalek episode for a long time - they actually felt like the creepy, scary, nigh unbeatable menaces they've always been painted as, and the revelation that they consume people for sustenance was suitably evil. Maybe the trick is allowing the Doctor to win battles but never the war, and always at a high cost... little Pyrrhic victories.

Capaldi is growing on me more but I feel his Doctor is still lacking something... I wondered if maybe, because he is not just another regeneration but the first incarnation of a whole new regeneration cycle, maybe it takes longer for his personality to settle and solidify, or maybe introspection and self-doubt are just this incarnation's hallmarks.

Loved the idea of morality as malfunction for the daleks (would a 'good' Dalek therefore be perceived by other Daleks the way we perceive dangerous sociopaths?), and the twist with Rusty's hatred simply being redirected to his own kind... saw it coming though, the moment Rusty kept going on about divine perfection and beauty in an echo of Asylum of the Daleks. I really thought Rusty was going to turn out to be Dalek Caan at a few points, especially the 'I see into your soul, Doctor' line.

Not bad overall, primarily because of some good and much needed development for the Daleks.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Also can I point out that the Dalek companion idea from Deep Breath's thread doesn't seem so daft now.

Comment

So then, Danny Pink.

Ex-military.

Army or Royal Marines?
                  He doesn't seem to be the RAF or Royal Navy "type" to me for some reason.

Junior officer, NCO, or just plain Private?

Or maybe he's ex-UNIT?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    So then, Danny Pink.

Ex-military.

Army or Royal Marines?

Or maybe he's ex-UNIT?
                    Hard to say. But I think I like him. He has a definite amount of emotional weight and has a dark past, but simultaneously, he's a proper bloke. Military, can confidently deal with kids and enemies of the realm alike.... can't talk to girls to save his life.

Comment

I'd love for the Doctor to call him "Pinky" - as in "Pinky and the Brain".
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        So then, Danny Pink.

Ex-military.

Army or Royal Marines?

Or maybe he's ex-UNIT?
                        He seems like an ex-Junior Officer to me. British Army. If he was RAF, Navy or Marines I doubt he'd refer to himself a soldier.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I don't know. You asked me if you were a good man. I think you try to be."
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Mr Pink, another mysterious character, wonder what his secret is...
                            For those who don't know, the UK government has a specific programme for getting ex-military into jobs as teachers. Seems to think it helps the military come out of the forces and do something specific and that their skills are ideal for teaching. From personal experience of the guys in question, the likelihood of ex-military being a bit rubbish around girls is laughable...

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                              For those who don't know, the UK government has a specific programme for getting ex-military into jobs as teachers. Seems to think it helps the military come out of the forces and do something specific and that their skills are ideal for teaching. From personal experience of the guys in question, the likelihood of ex-military being a bit rubbish around girls is laughable...
                              Really? I've served with LOADS of chaps who are absolute ******** around women. Some who know it, and some who don't....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X