Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naquadria power? how much power does Naquadria have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadria power? how much power does Naquadria have?

hi this is my first post
    the mark IX was supposed to be several gigatons (I saw 10 on another forum) this is equivalent to 1/2 ton of direct mater---> energy conversion. I was wondering how much energy was contributed by the Naquadria? I saw somewhere that naquadah will increase the yield of an explosion by a factor of 100 so what about Naquadria? how much larger would a Naquadria enhanced antimater device have to be to approach exceeding gravitational binding energy of terrestrial planets?
    if you combine a warhead with yields of ~5.5 trillion gigatons (my rough calculation of yields required to destroy planets) with missiles equipped with hyper drives and cloaking (perhaps phase shifting like the mantle to pass through shields?) would these not be the ultimate weapons of the star gate universe?

Originally posted by firstarchon View Post
    hi this is my first post
    the mark IX was supposed to be several gigatons (I saw 10 on another forum) this is equivalent to 1/2 ton of direct mater---> energy conversion. I was wondering how much energy was contributed by the Naquadria? I saw somewhere that naquadah will increase the yield of an explosion by a factor of 100 so what about Naquadria? how much larger would a Naquadria enhanced antimater device have to be to approach exceeding gravitational binding energy of terrestrial planets?
    if you combine a warhead with yields of ~5.5 trillion gigatons (my rough calculation of yields required to destroy planets) with missiles equipped with hyper drives and cloaking (perhaps phase shifting like the mantle to pass through shields?) would these not be the ultimate weapons of the star gate universe?
    i'll have to come back for exact energy calculations, but naquahdah nor naquahdriah amplifies a nuclear explosion. Compared to uranium, Naquahdah (Henceforth i'll refer to it as Nq) is so much more energetic that the resulting explosion is something like 99% Nq (naquahdah) and 1% uranium.

I've seen calculation that put Nq at 10kT/kg which is pretty close to pure annihilation.

Uranium fission: 8*10^13 J/kg
    Fusion: 6*10^14 J/kg
    AMAT: 9*10^16 J/kg

10kt = 10* 4.184*10^12J = 4.184*10^13 joule.

So Naquahdah is pretty much half as powerful as an antimatter-reaction.

Naquahdriah is unspecified, but it can be reasonably assumed (given the various comments in SG1) that it's as far from naquahdah as naquahdah is from uranium, or 2 orders of magnitude.

This would bring Naquahdriah at 1MT/kg. Considering the size and power of an average nuke and the size and power of a Gatebuster, i would say this is about right.

An immediate side effect is that clearly, the exotic materials in staragate have exotic physics at work.

Comment

so replacing any uranium/plutonium part of the mark IX with AM wouldn't do anything? how far removed does that make a gate buster from a planet buster (gravitational binding energy)

Comment

Originally posted by firstarchon View Post
        so replacing any uranium/plutonium part of the mark IX with AM wouldn't do anything? how far removed does that make a gate buster from a planet buster (gravitational binding energy)
        From what i understand from episodes like "chain reaction", the uranium part serves to bring the Naquahdah to fission. It's like how a Fusion Bomb uses a Fission bomb to reach ignition. Antimatter would make the Uranium part a lot smaller, but when it comes to sheer energy nothing quite beats Naquahdah/naquahdriah.

how far removed does that make a gate buster from a planet buster (gravitational binding energy)
        Considering a gigaton is 4*10^18J and a planet destroyer (under ideal circumstances) needs about 10^33 joules...

about fifteen orders of magnitude.

Comment

sorry to necro (i'm the op i just couldn't figure out the login anymore) the math i just did says my original math is VERRY wrong 1/2 tonnes of antimater is equal to about 19 gigatonnes of tnt. my gbe calcs are off as well it should be a lot more like 58 trillion gigatonnes not 5.5

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          i'll have to come back for exact energy calculations, but naquahdah nor naquahdriah amplifies a nuclear explosion. Compared to uranium, Naquahdah (Henceforth i'll refer to it as Nq) is so much more energetic that the resulting explosion is something like 99% Nq (naquahdah) and 1% uranium.

I've seen calculation that put Nq at 10kT/kg which is pretty close to pure annihilation.

Uranium fission: 8*10^13 J/kg
          Fusion: 6*10^14 J/kg
          AMAT: 9*10^16 J/kg

10kt = 10* 4.184*10^12J = 4.184*10^13 joule.

So Naquahdah is pretty much half as powerful as an antimatter-reaction.

Naquahdriah is unspecified, but it can be reasonably assumed (given the various comments in SG1) that it's as far from naquahdah as naquahdah is from uranium, or 2 orders of magnitude.

This would bring Naquahdriah at 1MT/kg. Considering the size and power of an average nuke and the size and power of a Gatebuster, i would say this is about right.

An immediate side effect is that clearly, the exotic materials in staragate have exotic physics at work.
          so if nq is about 1/2 antimatter then and Naquahdriah is 100 times nq (I think thats what you mean by 2 orders of magnatude) then its is releasing 50* as much energey as a similar mass of antimatter. the idea that matter is a form of energey isn't quite right. mass is an effect of energey so for some reason 98% of the energey of Naquahdriah isn't expressed as mass hinting verry strongly at realativity not being correct in the stargate universe.if Naquahdriah were exempt from this then everytime a Naquahdriah weapon was detoated the total mass of the universe would increase and you could use this to create blackholes!

and to answr my own question I now realise that if you replaced the ur/pu part of the mark 9 you could make the device smaller as you would need far less mas of not Naquahdriah in order to start the reaction. the mass of the ur/pu could be reduced to about 1/200th of what it was (and if you replaced that lost mass with Naquahdriah you would have a more powerful weapon. not sure how powerful as I would need to know the ratio of ur/pu to Naquahdriah presant in the mark 9) (I did these calcs because I got in an argument about which was better photon torps or mark9's)

Comment

Would of been good to see if they combined Naquahdah and Naquadria together. May be combining Naquahdah and Naquadria may make it stable? What would they call it, Naq-Naquadria, Naq, Quadrianaq, Naquadrianaq or of a new name?
            Last edited by Raj_2006; 05 January 2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Naquadria reactions produce catalysts which causes Naquahdah to become Naquadria (that totally violates conversation of energey but w/e) so they would call it Naquadria

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdrake View Post
                Naquadria reactions produce catalysts which causes Naquahdah to become Naquadria (that totally violates conversation of energey but w/e) so they would call it Naquadria
                True. Naquadria can convert Naquahdah in to more Naquadria, which has been mentioned before. May be a third part added to make it stable or something else. It is interesting that the Ancients did not thought of Naquadria before. Especially they have used Naquahdah for millions of years or they may have and it has not been known yet.
                Last edited by Raj_2006; 15 January 2017, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X