Default Will we come back to watch the Stargate series after the D and E reboot?

We'll come back to watch the Stargate series franchise after rebooting the new Stargate films?

What do you think about that?

Default Re: We'll come back to watch the Stargate series franchise after rebooting the new St

That's assuming I watch the reboot. Which I'm not sure I will. But I am sure that I'll continue watching the real timeline (which includes the show).

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: We'll come back to watch the Stargate series franchise after rebooting the new St

The TV show is the timeline with which we, the fans, grew up with, so it's understandable that for us, the reboot is probably going to suck. If the TV show ever comes back on, it'll be probably new writers and producers running everything.

Personally, I had high hopes for the latest Robocop movie and I was disappointed when I actually saw it. Sure, I liked the new sets, costumes, props and even the new Robocop suit used in the movie. I also liked the new visual and sound effects. But that's it.

Sure, I'll watch the new movies, but the TV series will always have a special place in my heart.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Gateworld, for the most part, deals with the TV-franchise. It's what most of us, I think, grew up with/watched over the past years. The oldtimers (yes, we are, and you know it) on GW are saturated with SG1/SGA/SGU (the last only applicable to a few in the grand scheme of things obviously). Stargate 94 is a distant memory (which reminds me that I was going to watch it again - I obviously forgot).

The reboot is as of yet still rather mysterious as we have no clue what it will do, or be like. Some will love it/like it, and some will hate it or be like meh!. I'm sure there will be lots of talking about it, either in the positive sense or in the not so positive sense. But for now, all we can do is fill pages with speculation, complain how it's not our Stargate, and hope for the best or fear the worst.

I'm not going anywhere in the meantime - too much else to talk about.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

One thing I recall from a long time ago. Dean Deviln who is the guy who made the stargate movie has said he didnt like that they sold the rights to tv for the SG1 series. He also said that his gate story would be in a three part story. Well if I recall right, the second and third parts of his story after the movie was published in book form. Meaning that all we need to do to see what he wants to do is check out the books. I think MGM thinks anything with Stargate on it will be good because of the tv fanbase but i dont recall the movie doing that well.

Quinn 'Fog Boy' Mallory StargateMillennium's Avatar

Even if the movie is not going to follow the TV series it might do our beloved series some good depending on the quality of the movie. If it does bad...well...everyone will simply forget it existed. If it's good, old fans will rewatch the series in nostalgia. Newcomers who've never heard of stargate will become interested in its origins and watch both its original movie and the TV series that followed it.

Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Quote Originally Posted by StargateMillennium View Post
    Even if the movie is not going to follow the TV series it might do our beloved series some good depending on the quality of the movie. If it does bad...well...everyone will simply forget it existed. If it's good, old fans will rewatch the series in nostalgia. Newcomers who've never heard of stargate will become interested in its origins and watch both its original movie and the TV series that followed it.
    sally