• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot the Moon (412)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON FOUR
    SHOOT THE MOON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 412
    Waiting for some sign from the moon mission, the 2nd Mass comes under attack from a terrifying new Espheni weapon. Meanwhile, Tom and Lexi are intercepted and come face-to-face with the alien overlord.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 June 2015, 03:03 PM.

A much better ep than the first part of the 2 part finale.
    Spoiler:
    I loved how tom took out "scar face", and that pope bit into that cord/tube that the critter was attached to. Though i wonder if him getting some of that black goop in his mouth might change him.
    Loved that the 2 brothers and Maggie came to a 'level of ok' with one another during the mist battle. And that they both worked together to help each other.
    Sad that Lexi had to make a suicide run, but it WAS a great way to redeam herself in 'dad's eyes.
    And i liked how tom's ship got found by our new alien. Are they friends or foes?

Comment

Well, I hate that we have to wait until next summer to find out what happens.
      And next season is the final season, so at least we'll get everything resolved presumably next summer.
      Spoiler:
      so presumably this is the end of Lexi- glad she and Tom got some "time" together first and got things resolved-but that's going to be tough on Ann. I figured Sara would come back(Pope's friend) and I wouldn't be surprised if that black goop did cause some problems. Wonder what happened to Ben's friend Mira (the one who was harnessed and came against Lexi on the ship? She ran off and we didn't see her again. She was killed with the suicide run?

Comment

Most likely. Either that or she tried to stow away on the beamer that Tom escaped on.

Comment

Good finale, but why did no one die? This show seems to have a mostly shield against most of its characters. While its nice to see everyone survive, it kinda makes you think in every situation, they are going to find a way out...

Ok, Lexi sacrificed herself, but as soon as the alien pulled the wiring out, I guessed that would happen, tbh Im suprised she wasnt saved at the last minute...

And why didnt Matt just grab the knife he killed the earlier fog thing with and cut Col. Weaver free?

Also, how come we got almost a whole episode of Tom and Lexi reconsiling... Ok it was nice to watch and gave Lexis sacrifice an emotional punch for Tom, but did it need most of the 2nd to last episode?

Was nice to see Sarah come back and help out again, and an end to the Ben Hal strained relationship.

All that aside, a good season finale and looking forward to what comes next in Falling Skies final season...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Good finale, but why did no one die? This show seems to have a mostly shield against most of its characters. While its nice to see everyone survive, it kinda makes you think in every situation, they are going to find a way out...

Ok, Lexi sacrificed herself, but as soon as the alien pulled the wiring out, I guessed that would happen, tbh Im suprised she wasnt saved at the last minute...

And why didnt Matt just grab the knife he killed the earlier fog thing with and cut Col. Weaver free?

Also, how come we got almost a whole episode of Tom and Lexi reconsiling... Ok it was nice to watch and gave Lexis sacrifice an emotional punch for Tom, but did it need most of the 2nd to last episode?

Was nice to see Sarah come back and help out again, and an end to the Ben Hal strained relationship.

All that aside, a good season finale and looking forward to what comes next in Falling Skies final season...
            Just like most shows. The main characters always live
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yup. Look at how often SG1/SGA and co were in mortal danger, but look how few named characters died off and were NOT resurrected/brought back by an AU/Time shift etc..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Just like most shows. The main characters always live
                I guess Ive started noticing it more because Ive started watching shows where there are no silver lining on all characters...

Comment

Is it significant the new thing appeared to be female?

Not seen any female aliens before iirc. (harnessed kinds aide).

Comment

Well, apparently theyre not a new race of alien so to speak...
                    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/31/fa...ing-questions/

Comment

Hi, I'm a new member from Italy...I would like to be part of this forum to improve my English, so I apologize now if I write not just correctly!

I think it's the stupidest episode of the entire series.
                      The worms have strangely taken by surprise a whole team, but a child makes them out with a knife. Another immobilized severs the tube and this stops the transformation. And this was the great weapon? but into the egg who have launched there were miles of pipe for worms? and if the human who chased spinning around a pole got stuck? However, unless it had launched more eggs, enough to run to not get stuck, but strangely the fog blocks all. The more brilliant the first girl: you just heard the story that something in the fog has killed a team and do you? Stay there waiting for the fog. After all those blocked starting to cry just to be found by worms. The mantra of the colonel was beautiful and very deep. The master die, but before he decides to sabotage the ship. Why is that? had he read the script? The sacrifice of lexi was so cliché that only tom had not understood. Anne reaches the two and is just right without fire. did they have not any other weapons? For example a piece of window glass? I mean are stationary, or can kill them only matt? Back sara, probably flying: is the only one that does not lock out of the fog even though he did not know what it was, then frame the colonel and the others, but strangely an attack of sleep has affected them all 3 O_O. And finally, there's the Volms, fantastic technology, must have teleportation, as they had to be somewhere, anyway, the first thing I said was "soon shoot the generator, communicate with my daughter and say that you should not crash" and things like that, instead tom stands by and watches the sacrifice useless. I was wondering why the Volms failed to defeat the espheni as it seems there are only 2 bosses, but it is clear that they are idiots too, somehow manage to lose tom. Yes, I agree the space is big, but They are behind him. And finally we see the very bad enemy, in fact looks friendly saying: the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Mental powers?

Comment

My guess is the "new" aliens are the original Skitters before the mutation by the Espheni. The female character is their Queen.

Comment

Originally posted by KeV057 View Post
                          My guess is the "new" aliens are the original Skitters before the mutation by the Espheni. The female character is their Queen.
                          With Lexi's voice...
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by KeV057 View Post
                            Precisely what i did think right when i saw that scene, reflection in mirror and what Tom said.

Comment

Originally posted by sips22 View Post
                              Precisely what i did think right when i saw that scene, reflection in mirror and what Tom said.
                              Those legs are a dead giveaway.

Comment

Working...
                              X