Stargate: Millennium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Millennium

I am hesitant to do this because of how busy I am and a number of personal problems I am facing but here it goes. This is a new spin off series that I've been working on: Stargate Millennium. I have a trailer for it on youtube. You can find the links for both the trailer and my spin off in my signature at the bottom. One more thing about the trailer: I was very picky about how I made it. If you see or hear it happen in the trailer, it'll happen in the series eventually.

Premise: Tens of thousands of years ago, during the early days of their alliance, the Alliance of Four Great Races chose to explore the universe together. To that end, they build a massive city both as a monument to their new found alliance and to act as a capital for all four races: The Millennium. When the Alliance was dissolved, they chose to abandon the city and leave it for when they either chose to return or for a worth successor.
    Modern day: the SGC assembles the largest expeditionary force in history and send it to the Millennium. The city is located in the galaxy of Caldwell 70 AKA NGC 300. Because of its distance, the expedition has to first be sent to Atlantis to use all three of their newly acquired ZPM's to reach the Millennium and establish a new colony.

(Note: I wanted all four races for the Millennium for a number of reasons but the primary one is I AM SICK OF ANCIENTS!!! After they discovered Atlantis, it seems like everything is Ancient. It's an Ancient outpost or experiment, or let's go find this new place built by the Ancients. I have recently begun reading other fan spin offs and I'm still HAUNTED by the Ancients. Another reason is to explore the lore of the other races. We don't know much about the Furlings and Nox yet. They helped colonize this galaxy and we get to learn more about them. If this series does well, I intend on even going into the history of the A4GR.)

"The moment a person is born into a Ror'char society, his future is guaranteed. He is guaranteed an education, a job, a life. He will grow up never knowing the threat of losing everything he holds dear. He will grow up never knowing what it is like to lose a loved one at the hands of a criminal."
    -Overlord Exodan Krell
    The Ror'char: the colony/expedition will meet a number of new civilizations, some friendly and some hostile. The most prominent of them is the Ror'char. The Ror'char is not a race but a civilization of several races from all across the galaxy. They are often called peacekeepers and guardians of the galaxy. In a perverse way, that is true. Their goal is galaxy-wide peace and prosperity. However, they believe that the only way to achieve this is by absolute control. They believe chaos, crime, and cruelty stem from freedom and the only way to prevent these is to quash a societies' freedoms, including freedom of belief. A person must be told what to believe and those who think otherwise must be dealt with by whatever means necessary. Free societies must be 'liberated' and corrupted governments must be overthrown. They feel that if a civilization has grown too large and has not properly dealt with crime and poverty then the Ror'char must step in and help or risk having it spread to the rest of the galaxy.
    However, disagreements in the Ror'char leadership has created a civil war between different Ror'char factions. Some factions have become corrupted by power-hungry leaders while others still pursue the goal of galaxy-wide peace by whatever means necessary. All the factions are also in an arms race, studying Alliance technology left behind to upgrade their weapons and ships.
    (Note: I consider the Ror'char less an enemy and more a neutral faction that simply has an interest that conflicts with the Millennium Expedition/Colony. The Ror'char and Expedition will even occasionally work together if they see a gain to it. There will be an enemy faction later on but it probably won't be what you expect.)

"Everything in this galaxy tries to kill us."
    -Doctor Steven Chen
    "That's the fifth plant that tried to kill us on this planet."
    -Doctor Steven Chen
    Flora and Fauna: the animals and plants of the Caldwell 70 have also posed a problem. The expedition will have to deal with, on numerous occasions, the alien animals. These range from the vormians, furbie-looking rats that reproduce asexually and can go from one to hundreds in mere days, to the krenshaw, a massive lobster-like creature that's even bigger than a puddle jumper that view humans as a perfect sized meal.

I will post more later including characters and story outlines.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

I put this up so people who don't have a fanfiction account can tell me what they think. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Even if you have something negative to say, just be polite about it and give me some good reasons and I'll see if I can fix it.

I've been getting a fair amount of help from StargateWatcher, Spearhead, and Sealurk (Author of Stargate Ragnorak) who I want to publicly thank.
    Last edited by StargateMillennium; 09 December 2018, 04:21 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Hi. You're very welcome for the help. I am also tired, similarly, of the Ancients being the most advanced race of the alliance, light years ahead of everyone else; that's why I purposely made the Furling kin my story series more advanced in some aspects. I would love to find out your take on the likely Nox and Furling history, as well as the Asgard.
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I know of only 1 other writer who has the Four GR all building a city together, so good going with the original idea.
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
          I know of only 1 other writer who has the Four GR all building a city together, so good going with the original idea.
          Hmm, I might want to check that out see what that guy did. Yeah, I'm just skimming over the premises of the other spin offs and it seems to always involve the Ancients. They have a mission and find an Ancient space station or they find another Ancient city or they get stranded and make a home inside an Ancient ship and they usually all have some old enemy of the Ancients. It's as if everyone forgot about the Nox and Furlings.

I hope this does well. I'm only going to try to expand the lore if I have enough followers to motivate me to keep going. In fact, I already have some of the back story for the Alliance planned that would even explain why all the races were so hesitant to share technology or interfere.

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm suffering some extreme writer's block right now so I guess I'll mess around with this again. Made some concept art. I guess I'll put it up as well as the descriptions.

The X699
            Spoiler:

X699.png

The X699 is the Tau'ri's first true directed energy weapon. It has gone through several changes since original iteration. It is no longer a large clunky shape and now sports a sleeker design. The crystal lenses have been moved from the barrel to the inside of the weapon. The crystal tray has been moved to the stock and the naquadah generator has been replaced with a more efficient naquadah power cell in the butt.

The newer design also sports a higher rate of fire and greater accuracy than the original design. Picatinny rails along the top allows for any additional attachments such as holo sights and scopes.

Jennifer Hailey's personal X699 has modified her weapon to have an even higher rate of fire, improved efficiency from the naquadah power cell, an Eloran heat sink to allow for longer bursts of fire, and fierri modifications that have increased the energy output of each bolt. Her X699 can easily be identified with the phrase 'badass blonde' carved into the stock.

Hand Blaster
            Spoiler:

HandBlaster.jpg
            The Goa'uld Hand Blaster is the pistol variant of the staff weapon, possessing many of the same drawbacks. It is large, relatively unwieldy, and has a significant recoil. Its rate of fire is higher than that of a staff weapon and each shot has around the same power.

Spear Weapon
            Spoiler:

SpearWeapon.jpg

The Goa'uld Spear weapon is the sniper variant of the more common Staff weapon. The Spear weapon is notably shorter than the staff, possessing a smaller power source, and containing a spear point that can be used to impale targets at close range.

Spear weapons also contain a retractable forward grip and an attachable scope to be used for sniping. The weapon is mounted on the user's shoulder akin to a rocket launcher with a grip for better handling. The bolt of energy is smaller and travels several times faster than a staff bolt.

sigpic

Comment

FF 305 Typhon
              Spoiler:

305.jpg

The SGC noted that every new enemy they encounter proved more powerful than previous ones. Fearing that they may not be able to build and advance their warships fast enough to meet the coming challenges, the Typhon was built as an answer and is the first ship built with knowledge from the Asgard Core. Rather than being built for direct combat, the Typhon was built for hit-and-run tactics, reconnaissance, and stealth.

Its shielding is weaker than that of the 304, its hull strength is comparable to the Prometheus, it only carries 2 F302's, and it is a third of the size of the 304. Along with this is carries 12 railguns (compared to the Prometheus's 24), 6 VLS missle tubes (compared to the Prometheus's 12), and only a single Asgard beam weapon (compared to the 304's 4).

Despite it seeming to be a step back, the Typhon possesses a slew of new tricks. The ship contains two 'thumper cannons', energy turrets built with knowledge from Athena and blueprints from the Asgard core. These weapons are meant for ship to ship combat. The railguns also have a new targeting algorithm which allows them to serve as point defense weapons to shoot down incoming enemy fire.

However, the iconic ability that defines the Typhon is its cloak. The ship's entire design was built around this. To assist with this, the Typhon has the stealth protocol and the Hephaestus Core. When cloaking, the stealth protocol is engaged, turning off all nonessential systems to reduce the amount of energy needed to be masked. Furthermore, the Hephaestus Core begins absorbing energy from the ship.

A new feature are the six torpedoes at the front of the ship. These weapons are equipped with the Type-2 stealth drive, a lesser version of a cloaking device that leaves the torpedo visible. The torpedo is propelled using cold gas rather than regular thrusters, resulting in a slower speed. However, this allows the torpedo to be fired while cloaked, something once assumed to be impossible. The torpedo is also difficult to detect, allowing surprise nuclear strikes against ships.

The Hyperspace Missile Program
              Spoiler:

The Hyperspace missile program was started after the Horizon attack on Asuras. The SGC sought new ways of launching their weapons. The ICBM on earth meant any country could attack another country without every landing a single troop. They aimed to replicate that for space. The result was the Hyperspace Missile. As its name entails, it is a missile containing a hyperspace generator. After being launched, the missile will enter hyperspace, exiting at its destination and hitting its target. Current models of the HM have it armed with Horizon weapons, giving the SGC the capability to wipe out any planet without every endangering their people.

sigpic

Comment

The Tale of Nox and Aurox
                Spoiler:

In the galaxy of Caldwell 70, there is a religion called Nox, made by the race known as Nox, founded by a man named Nox. However, his story is unknown to most.

Long before the formation of the Alliance of Four Great Races, there was a race known as the Sillerens. They were among the most powerful races in the universe with unmatched military technology. And each Sileren possessed god-like abilities. Lesser races would tell tales of how a single Silleren soldier could wipe out entire armies with little more than a glare.

The Sillerens were divided into nations, each with their own leaders and politics. However, a day came when all the nations ended up at war with each other, a war that consumed their galaxy and even neighboring galaxies.

Disillusioned by the war, the warrior Nox and his brother Aurox abandoned their posts and went on a pilgrimage of sorts, trying to make sense of everything. The details of their pilgrimage is described in the Book of Nox. However, the two brothers came to very different conclusions by the end of their travels. Nox forsook all violence. But Aurox felt that violence was a tool to be used. The two brothers gathered their own followers. Those that followed Nox practiced pacifism and understanding. Those that followed Aurox practiced honor and nobility. Nox encouraged being one with nature, to understand that despite their power they were still small in the universe. Aurox encouraged ingenuity and ambition, that one should work to constantly improve themselves.

Fearing that his brother and those that followed him would be wiped out, Aurox and his followers formed the Order of Aurox, a military group that would use their technology to protect the weak, the first group being Nox and his followers. Nox protested but Aurox did not listen, cutting down those that threatened the pacifistic group. The two groups endured until the Sillerens were wiped out, destroyed by their own war. Their home galaxy was uninhabitable and even their neighboring galaxies were ravaged.

Seeing as how they would never agree and could not coexist, Aurox and his followers left to carve their own path.

Nox would come to the end of his life, but his followers honored Nox by renaming themselves after him. They continued his teaching and began a religion in his name to teach lesser races, hoping they too would follow the path.

sigpic

Comment

Alliance of Four Great Races
                  Spoiler:

Overview

While there are many races throughout the universe, few could even hope to come close to the level of technology achieved by the Alliance of Four Great Races. This was the unification of four of the most advanced races in the cluster. It was widely believed that its members are the most advanced races in the universe. While ultimately untrue, it is a testament to their power.

History

Birth of the Alliance

70 million years ago, the universe was teeming with life and activity. Alterans fled their home galaxy after their war with the Ori. Around this time they came into contact with five races. The Nox, the Aurox, the Asgard, and the Furlings. While there were many races all across the galaxy and even the universe, these five were the most advanced. The Nox and Aurox had technology so great that if they could render an entire galaxy uninhabitable (the fate of their home galaxy). The Furlings were biologically perfect. And the Asgard had become near immortal thanks to their cloning.

60 million years ago, the Ancients had begun expanding into the Milky Way, seeding the universe with stargates as not only a means of transport for themselves but for the lesser races. During this time they began noticing strange patterns occurring in nature, one of which was a pattern in the cosmic background radiation. The Ancients, Asgard, Aurox, Nox, and Furlings all began investigating this signal. While the races were aware of each other, they worked independently. Eventually, the five races chose to unite in their endeavor to discover the origin of this signal. Along the way they discovered artifacts of unknown origin but incredibly advanced. They used these to advance their own technology. About a thousand years later, the Aurox began fearing the origin of these patterns and abandoned the search, leaving the four races. The remaining four races continued their endeavors. Their search led them to the Forgotten Ones.

The Forgotten Ones were an ancient race that preceded even them. And The Forgotten Ones were enraged that they had been found, threatening to wipe out the four races from existence. The four races managed to convince the Forgotten Ones to spare them. In exchange, the four races would not only cease their investigations but help cover up their existence. The Forgotten Ones agreed to their terms. True to their word, the four races ceased all their investigations and destroyed the probes researching the topic. Some probes, such as the ship Destiny, were deemed to not run any risk of finding any useful information and were too far out to retrieve so were abandoned.

The four races came back from this experience changed. They formed an alliance to share technology and knowledge. And thus, the Alliance of Four Great Races was formed.

The Alliance

The Alliance took the roles of guardians and protectors, trying to keep an eye out on younger races while looking for other civilizations near their level of technology. They had even found a few candidates.

The Hunger

10 million years ago, the Alliance gave a more primitive civilization research into their zero-point technology. They knew how the technology works, the risks, and how to avoid them. This primitive race was bolder, taking shortcuts to make greater leaps in their understanding. In the process, they unleashed an ascended entity from an alternate dimension. This entity would come to be called The Hunger. The Hunger spread across the universe, devouring everything in sight. Feeling responsible for what happened, the Alliance took it upon themselves to vanquish The Hunger. But the task proved more difficult than they anticipated. Not only was The Hunger more advanced but it was on a higher plane of existence. The Alliance united with the all the other races all across the universe to fight The Hunger, even allying with the Ori. The Hunger retaliated. It launched a plague against the Alterans that nearly wiped them out. The Hunger infected the Furling's telepathic network making it impossible for them to use telepathy without the risk of being consumed by The Hunger. The Hunger neutralized the Nox's and Aurox abilities. For the Asgard, they sabotaged their cloning process. The original DNA was destroyed and the cloning would introduce an ever worsening genetic degradation with each use of the machine.

The Alliance did go back to the Forgotten Ones and beg for assistance. But the Forgotten Ones expressed apathy and indifference toward the fate of the universe. Growing desperate, the Alliance lured The Hunger and its forces to The Forgotten Ones. They had hoped the The Forgotten Ones would defeat The Hunger. However, not only was the battle a stalemate but once The Hunger's forces were repelled, The Hunger did not try attacking The Forgotten Ones again and The Forgotten Ones did not attack The Hunger.

Many Alterans and the Ori didn't believe defeating The Hunger was possible so they ascended to escape what they saw as inevitable. Ultimately The Hunger was vanquished but the damage was done. Entire galaxies were now devoid of life. Surviving races had been bombed to the stone age. Other races were completely extinct.

Feeling guilty for what happened, the Alliance took it upon themselves to reseed the universe. They had the genetic template for several of the races and planted them. The Alterans also seeded life in their image, human life. The Asgard choose a template they considered using as an alternative body.

However, the release of The Hunger had created a wedge between the different races in the Alliance.

Aftermath

2 million years ago, Asgard in the Milky Way found a seemingly dead planet. Investigating, they found mechanical chips the size of fingernails. They gathered a small container of these chips and set course for their home planet. They could not reactivate the chips so they copied the program and ran it. The program ceased control of the ship and began repurposing it for its need. Realizing the danger of what they were carrying, they sabotaged their ship and left it adrift in the Ida galaxy, hoping no one would ever find it.

1 million years ago, the Asgard noticed the sabotage to their cloning process when the genetic degradation was shown to be accelerating several times faster than their projections. They traced the sabotage to The Hunger. The genetic damage was not irreversible yet and the Asgard were confident they could find a solution.

250 thousand years ago, the Asgard ship crashes onto a planet belonging to a pre-interstellar civilization. The people on the planet attempted to connect their machines with the Asgard computers. Normally such a thing would be futile. However, the replicator program detected attempts to connect with it, so it modified itself to create a connection. Once a connection was established, it spread to the planet's computers and computer network. It began recreating its original replicator blocks and spread across the planet like a plague. It wiped out the entire planet and converted all its raw material to replicators. With all raw materials on the planet stripped and with no knowledge on how to construct hyperdrives, the replicators deactivated.

30 thousand years ago, an Asgard ship left the Asgard homeworld and was damaged en route. It exited hyperspace and was left adrift.

20 thousand years ago, there were Asgard whose genetic degradation became irreparable.

15 thousand years ago, the former Alliance watched as the makahi, a race that survived The Hunger, begin spreading and conquering the still recovering galaxy of NGC 300.

11 thousand years ago, the Lanteans made the wraith out of negligence. However, they were unconcerned, treating this as pest control.

Unto the Future

10 thousand years ago, the Wraith managed to acquire several zero point modules and used it to multiply. They waged full scale war against the Lanteans. This was purely a war of attrition as the wraith would often lose thousands to millions of ships with each battle but could reinforce nearly immediately.

Around this time they found a backwater human world back in NGC 300. These humans had recently discovered the stargate and had used it to become heroes throughout the galaxy. The Lanteans formed an alliance with these humans. With the help of other races including the Lanteans, these humans were able to vanquish the makhai.

At the end of the lantean-wraith war, the Lanteans chose to flee to Earth. Before they did, they declared these humans to be the fifth race and passed down all their technology.

8 thousand years ago, the Asgard genetic degradation has become irreversible for the entire population.

5 thousand years ago the humans, now going by the name Quinterans, launched an attack and wiped out their former alien allies before starting a reign of terror, horrifying all the former members of the Alliance.

1 thousand years ago, the Asgard stumbled upon the world that had been taken over by the replicators. They took the blocks for study. Detecting energy and raw material, the replicator blocks activated and thus the Asgard-Replicator war began.

Fate

The races of the Alliance advanced to a point they needed to be considered a level all their own. And they are not alone on this 'level' as there are other races like The Hunger and The Forgotten Ones that are there as well, so advanced that they can influence the fate of entire galaxies by mere accident, so advanced that the common interstellar civilization is a bug compared to their abilities. The Asgard committed mass suicide, leaving only the Vanir in the Pegasus galaxy. The remaining races are in hiding to avoid influencing lesser beings. But seeing what they wrought by meddling in the affairs of inferior beings, they are now hesitant to every do something like that again.

sigpic

Comment

Quinterans: The first Fifth Race
                    Spoiler:

The Quinterans are a human civilization in Caldwell 70. They are amongst the smallest civilizations but, due to their technology, amongst the most powerful and are considered a superpower in the galaxy. In NGC 300, the Quinterans have become a symbol of death and destruction. However they were not always like this. They were even once considered the Fifth Race.

History
                    NGC 300's history is shrouded in chaos. The earliest records show at one point of time the galaxy was dominated by the Makhai, a race of warring monsters who oppressed the galaxy. The Quinterans discovered their stargate and was thrown into this chaotic universe. Over the course of several years, they worked together with numerous alien civilizations, including the Ancients, to bring down the Makhai. While the Ancients supported the human planet's efforts, their resources were more dedicated to their losing war with the wraith.

Over the course of the war, the humans from this little backwater planet became known as heroes that would dedicate themselves to help and protect all sorts of planets whether it was to protect them from malevolent elements or simply deliver food and medical supplies. They were an undeniable symbol of good in the galaxy.

Finally, the Makhai fell and the galaxy got to work rebuilding itself. Around this time, the Ancients called the humans to meet with them. The Ancients had declared their war with the wraith lost and they were going to abandon their technology and flee to Earth. But before they did, they declared these humans to be the Fifth Race before granting them Ancient technology. The remaining three races were reluctant but the Ancients had faith that these humans would win them over.

Naming themselves the Quinterans to match their new position, these humans got to work maintaining peace in the galaxy. However, this proved to be more difficult than they anticipated. The vaccuum left by the Makhai gave rise to countless alien civilizations but it also gave rise to space pirates. Upon this, they also decided to make the stargate public, announcing it to their entire world. Unity was brought about almost seamlessly and even the original organization that used the stargate and the teams that used it were declared heroes. With the planet unified, they returned their attention to the rest of the galaxy.

The Quinterans tried to take down the space pirates as quickly as possible. However, being a nonconventional enemy, that too proved difficult. Just when it seemed the pirates were vanquished, there would be a surge and more would pop up. It would often seem the Quinterans were making things worse, not better. Upon that, relations between many of the new civilizations began breaking down. The Quinterans began using increasingly extreme tactics in order to bring peace to the galaxy, much to the protest of their alien allies. Eventually, relations between them and their alien allies began breaking down. At some point of time, the Quinterans' alien allies no longer felt safe and began taking precautionary measures in order to ensure their safety. The Quinterans discovered these measures and ended their alliance.

It is unknown when the breaking point was or what it was or if the breaking point was a single event, but at some point the Quinterans launched an attack on all their former allies, wiping many of them from the face of the galaxy. Their military efforts tripled as they began to force their will upon other nations. Nations were to submit to their policies or be wiped out. And with Ancient technology, it was a slaughter.

The ascended Ancients, the Asgard, Nox, and Furlings all bore witness to this and were utterly horrified by what was created. The Quinterans became a major influence on their decision to never interfere with the affairs of lesser beings even in the face of undeniable evils like Anubis.

sigpic

Comment

any updates on this fan fiction
                      Continuing Stargate
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

Originally posted by Shinto-Male View Post
                        Oh, hey! Didn't even realize anyone reads this thread.

Yeah, next chapter getting finalized.

Jennifer Hailey and Steven Chen execute their plan and launch an attack on Momus and his ashrak.

Chapter after that: Nova joins up with Mitchell to rally the Jaffa Nation and Tau'ri fleet to launch a full scale attack on the Lucian Alliance base of operations: the castle.

Spoiler:

Korush'nai

Of all the commands codes the jaffa could hear none strike more fear than the word 'korush'nai'. It is, in its simplest term, a call for unforgiving and indiscriminate destruction against a target. Precision and discretion are nonissues. Capital ships are capable of untold levels of destructive power but this power is rarely ever brought to bear against a planet whether it be because of the loss of life, loss of resources, loss of technology, loss of strategic military assets, or even the hubris of the commanding officer, this power is rarely seen. Korush'nai is the call to unleash that power.

Overview

Capital ship energy weapons can be calibrated for penetration or explosive spread. Penetration excels at defeating shields by concentrating all the bolt's energy into a single location. However explosive spread, as its name implies, distributes its power across a wide area in the form of an explosion on impact. This is suited for orbital bombardment. When maximizing a ship's weapon yield and explosive spread, an average capital ship of the average space-faring civilization can deliver ordinance comparable to Tsar Bomba. And a ha'tak can deliver ordinance several hundred times that power. When the order of Korush'nai is called, the full potential of a ha'tak is unleashed on a planet.

The target of Korush'nai varies. It may be a single continent or it may be an entire planet. However, its end goal is the same: mass destruction. Because of how much is lost, Korush'nai is rarely ever used by both the Jaffa Nation and the System Lords. The Jaffa rarely, if ever, see the need to wipe anyone from the face of the galaxy. For the Goa'uld, Korush'nai is left to the discretion of the Goa'uld in charge. And they only order such a thing either because they are enraged by the planet and its inhabitants, or they fear the planet and its technology. Lives can be replaced and ships can be rebuilt but there is a finite amount of domain in the galaxy and every planet counts.

Tactics

The ship or ships executing Korush'nai will exit hyperspace and position themselves in high orbit around a planet. They will maximize the yield and explosive spread of their weapons. They will then open fire. The level of Korush'nai dictates how the ship(s) blanket the planet. Every bolt will generate a fireball and a shockwave. For lower levels of Korush'nai, it is only required that the shockwaves overlap. For higher levels, the fireballs begin overlapping, resulting in the planet's crust being reduced to magma by the extreme heat and bombardment. In both cases, massive quantities of radiation are also unleashed. If the target is a continent the ship may remain in geosynchronous orbit. If the target is the entire planet, the ship will engage sublight and begin moving against the planet's rotation.

Ideally a bare minimum of two ships are used. One ship will execute Korush'nai while the other will provide cover fire against retaliation. And they will begin immediately after exiting hyperspace so that even if they are repelled mass destruction to some level is assured. A single ha'tak can execute high levels of Korush'nai against an Earth-sized planet in a matter of hours. More ha'tak may be used to hasten the process. The point is to leap into position, wipe out the planet before any retaliation can be mounted, then jump away.

Goa'uld arrogance often sees a lot of deviation from this tactic. Ships may sit in orbit for an extended period of time or even approach the planet at sublight. As a show of power and to make the demise of a planet as slow and terrifying as possible, Goa'uld often open fire with point defense weapons first, signalling the inevitable destruction soon to come.

Aftermath

Regardless of the target, the planet is usually irreversibly damaged. Even in the case of lower levels of Korush'nai, the nuclear winter would mean death for most life on the rest of the planet. A few days after Korush'nai is done, a mark is placed. This time period is waited so that the effects of the devastation have time to cool. If there is a stargate, the mark is placed nearby. If not, a mark is dropped down via a pod. This mark serves as a warning to any who come across it including other Goa'uld or advanced races that would dare challenge them and to warn that the planet is now uninhabitable.

Limitations

Ironically the limitations stem from Korush'nai being too destructive, and not destructive enough. If a planet holds nothing but primitives, Korush'nai is unnecessary. If the population is advanced, the Goa'uld avoid Korush'nai so they can obtain as much technology as possible. They still may execute it on a continent as a means of instilling terror and weakening defenses but it would mean that planet is unusable after that and they would lose another potential planet to add to their domain. If there is naquadah, the heavy bombardment may set it off, robbing them of potential resources.

On the flip side, the weapons of Korush'nai may not be destructive enough. Perhaps the biggest limitation from this are orbital defenses. This includes ships and shielded surface to orbit weapons. With their weapons having maximized explosive spread as opposed to penetration, their weapons are not effective against shields and it leaves the ship vulnerable to attack. While a single ha'tak can wipe out all life on an Earth-sized planet, it will still take several hours to complete and they are vulnerable. This may be solved with more specialized ships or a larger fleet that can hasten the destruction and provide fire support.

Other methods

While orbital bombardment is the easiest and most popular method executing Korush'nai, it is not the only one. A naquadah nuke of sufficient size can crack a planet like an egg. The shockwave alone would wipe out half the planet and the explosion would create tsunamis and earthquakes. And what wasn't wiped out would die from nuclear winter as ash filled the atmosphere. However, this was not a favorite of the Goa'uld because of how much naquadah it uses. The Tok'ra made use of this on Goa'uld planets, often using naquadah in the mines as part of their explosive. The Goa'uld had knowledge to plagues that could wipe out a planet. They and their jaffa would be safe. But if there are any survivors they may inadvertently spread this virus to other human populations that they may want or already have enslaved. Another method is asteroids. They can mine and hurl large asteroids at a planet in question. It was often a pleasure to broadcast to the doomed world. However after their dominance over the galaxy for thousands of years, this method fell out of favor and was forgotten. In order to maintain their status as gods, they kept all civilizations primitive. And their was no purpose in boasting about asteroids to peoples that don't even know what an asteroid is.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shinto-Male View Post
                          Hello. I'm not sure if you still follow this thread but the next chapters are up. In the latest one, Earth and the jaffa launch an all out attack against the Lucian Alliance homeworld.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X