Default Children of Earth

G'day,

Here in Oz, Channel 11 just finished airing Torchwood: Children of Earth over the past 5 Mondays.

I have to say - I'm sorry I ditched Torchwood early on in its original run, as this mini season was totally amazing television! Certainly the best of Torchwood, though admittedly it would mean a lot less without having seen at least some of the preceding seasons.

Finally I understand/appreciate the bar scene in End of Time...

I have to say, Capaldi kind of stole the show... I mean - upon seeing him, I was extremely interested to see his acting abilities, his screen presence... And initially was pretty disappointed. It is admittedly unfair to compare the character of Frobisher - a government suit... a penguin... I guess you could say... with that of the Doctor... And as such, is it fair to make a comparison? But as the series progressed, Capaldi/Frobisher really did start to dominate, and certainly by the time we see him walk into that bedroom with gun behind his back... *shudder*

Gwen continues to do very little for me... and when I think about the US co production, and knowing she is in it.... I have to admit I've got little interest, despite the high of this season.

Not entirely a coherent ramble, but anyways...

cheers,
    cosmic
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Default Re: Children of Earth

I enjoyed Children of Earth, but I also very much enjoyed the more episode based Seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 & 4 are more like mini-series as all the episodes directly connect in one large story so I find them hard to directly compare to seasons 1 & 2.

I didn't personally enjoy Season 4 as much as 3, but still an interesting story. I think it would have been better if it was shorter.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Default Re: Children of Earth

I enjoyed all 4 seasons, but Children of Earth was my favorite.