Cedar Cove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    Does this show follow the books very closely? I've never read anything by Macomber, but looking at the blurbs for the series, it looks like each book focuses on a different character. The show appears to center around Andie MacDowell, though.

For the first time in my life, I'm a bit tempted to start reading a romance series, and it's all thanks to Stargate.
    I haven't read any of the books. Having read many comments by people who have read the books and watch the show, many are disappointed that the show isn't following the books exactly. The original characters are there and during the first year of the show, apparently the show followed the books fairly well. But the 2d year hasn't been following the books as well. And apparently Debbie Macomber is one of the executive producers and she has approved of all the changes, so people are also unhappy with her for not following her books exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I haven't read any of the books. Having read many comments by people who have read the books and watch the show, many are disappointed that the show isn't following the books exactly. The original characters are there and during the first year of the show, apparently the show followed the books fairly well. But the 2d year hasn't been following the books as well. And apparently Debbie Macomber is one of the executive producers and she has approved of all the changes, so people are also unhappy with her for not following her books exactly.
      Thank you for the info! Well, this actually gives me an excuse to read the series now. I'd like to watch what there is of the show first so that nothing is spoiled, but I can read the books after for something extra, I suppose. They look incredibly short, but maybe that's typical of women's romance series.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I haven't read any of them either - I just started watching it because of Teryl. I have considered starting to read them but not sure. I'm usually not a fan of this kind of thing.

Incidentally, it is on Demand 5 now and I watched it this afternoon.
        sigpic

Comment

I have loaned the first book out from the library so I'll let you know how similar or not it is.
          sigpic

Comment

Finished the first season today and (surprisingly) loving this show so far! I think I'm going to try to get season 2 as soon as it's out on DVD and then binge watch it in time for the season 3 premiere in July. I just wish I could watch season 2 sooner.

What a gorgeous place Cedar (Deep) Cove is. Future home for sure.
            rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

The first episode of the season was 2 hours long and it seemed to just zip by entirely too fast. Loved how much Teryl Rothery got to do.

I didn't like how much it jumped around between characters. And when returning from a commercial, it just frequently leaped right into a discussion or conversation between two characters, and it was almost like something got clipped out of the scene(s).

A bunch of new characters this season, including the new DA (Sheriff Jack Carter from "Eureka"), and he's very interested in Olivia.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                The first episode of the season was 2 hours long and it seemed to just zip by entirely too fast. Loved how much Teryl Rothery got to do.

I didn't like how much it jumped around between characters. And when returning from a commercial, it just frequently leaped right into a discussion or conversation between two characters, and it was almost like something got clipped out of the scene(s).

A bunch of new characters this season, including the new DA (Sheriff Jack Carter from "Eureka"), and he's very interested in Olivia.
                I'm too excited to start watching this! I only received my copy of season two yesterday, so I have quite a bit of catching up to do. I think I've already seen a spoiler regarding Cliff and Grace, but, ah, I don't mind. I'm just happy Teryl still has a prominent role.

I'm glad that the show still looks like it's going to be good in its third season.
                rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Well the show won't be getting a 4th season as it's been cancelled by The Hallmark Channel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2871832/...read/250428671

https://twitter.com/cedarcovetv/stat...63148957904896

https://twitter.com/cedarcovetv/stat...37048236396548

https://twitter.com/terylrothery/sta...86083945082880

https://twitter.com/terylrothery/sta...86073719365633

https://twitter.com/terylrothery/sta...26891753279488

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

From a fans perspective what happened to this show? I didn't watch it, but I did follow it. It seemed like it was still a top rated show for Hallmark Channel in August and then it was cancelled 3 months later. I mean I thought it was their biggest show, or one of their biggest anyway?! So why did the network drop them?

Comment

I don't think there was ever a why, just a release that it was cancelled
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                        From a fans perspective what happened to this show? I didn't watch it, but I did follow it. It seemed like it was still a top rated show for Hallmark Channel in August and then it was cancelled 3 months later. I mean I thought it was their biggest show, or one of their biggest anyway?! So why did the network drop them?
                        While they had high ratings, that apparently didn't translate to Hallmark making much money from the show.

Comment

So high ratings, but not high enough to pay the bills
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X