Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unmade scripts to graphic novels/novels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmade scripts to graphic novels/novels?

Since it's clear Revolution (and the SGA) movie won't be made I really want them to turn the script into a graphic novel (like they ave done for Firefly) or cannon novels. What do you think the chances are, especially with the whole reboot thing happening? What would you prefer, graphic novel or novel?

I am so dying to know what Revolution was about. I'm seriously jonesing for something new from SG1 that is canonical. Plus, I hate that they put out that there would be a scene that showed Sam and Jack were in fact together. Dammit all. I NEED TO KNOW!
    FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
    I Saw Three Ships
    What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
    Staying Behind
    Always Find You
    Paper Flowers
    The Things We Want
    Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Yeah, I think that scene was (at least) one of the reasons of why Revolution wasn't made. They even made a scene in an SGA episode (in season 4) where Sam and Keller discuss something and Sam says that she's in a serious relationship with an older man. However, the scene was cut from that episode a.) for time and b.) the writers-producers thought it'd kill the entire episode, because the whole thing was a one-act episode.

Comment

I don't think that that scene was the reason the movie wasn't made. After all, it said the 'first draft' of the script contained that scene. As far as I know, scripts are frequently changed even later on... besides, the fact that S/J have a relationship was so often inofficially confirmed (by writers or producers) and hinted at on the show with so many hints that even a lot for the novel writers write them as canon without getting explicit, and it gets signed off by MGM.

I think the movie just came at at time when MGM still really had to struggle financially, and the Stargate franchise just wasn't their best bet. As much as we fans hate it, or ignore it, production studio's decision makings revolve solely about money and profits, and not around plot or relationship. They sign off those movies or productions which they think they can profit from the most... and apparently the third Stargate movie wasn't among them.

I would really love to read the third movie in a novelized form (I'd actually prefer written novel to graphic novel though). But I think that decision doesn't lie in the hands of the writers, since MGM owns the rights to Stargtae... so without their signature and consent, the writers aren't allowed to turn it into a book.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack'sMajorGirl View Post
        Since it's clear Revolution (and the SGA) movie won't be made I really want them to turn the script into a graphic novel (like they ave done for Firefly) or cannon novels. What do you think the chances are, especially with the whole reboot thing happening? What would you prefer, graphic novel or novel?

I am so dying to know what Revolution was about. I'm seriously jonesing for something new from SG1 that is canonical. Plus, I hate that they put out that there would be a scene that showed Sam and Jack were in fact together. Dammit all. I NEED TO KNOW!
        i'd like the revolution script too! i think i'd prefer novel as apposed to graphic novel the graphic part would feel too much like a comic.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack'sMajorGirl View Post

I'd love it if Revolution was novelized. Maybe they could turn it over to Stargate Novels and let Sally Reeve take a crack at making it into a book.

Comment

Should we start some sort of campaign to MGM to get them approved for writing?
            FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
            I Saw Three Ships
            What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
            Staying Behind
            Always Find You
            Paper Flowers
            The Things We Want
            Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Comment

Working...
            X