• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EricG View Post
    Shatner's response to Porgs.
    He's tribbling down his chin...........
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So what animals were used for 'kiddy friendly marketing in the other films?

ANH, i don't remember seeing anything that would come close.
      ESB. Same unless you consider brainless monsters like the Taunton or wampa.
      ROTJ.. WE had the cannibalistic ewoks who were gonna EAT our heroes..
      TPM. Jar-jar.. BUT he's not an animal..
      ATOC. None here i can think of.
      ROTS. Again none here i can think of.
      TFA. BB-8 though he's a droid not an animal.
      Rogue one. Again, none i can think of..

Comment

Originally posted by EricG View Post
        Shatner's response to Porgs.
        Dear lord, the puns in those replies are pure gold! Shatner's tweets are Locutus, and Tribble.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Apparently LucasFilm is so confident in The Last Jedi, tonight (world premiere night) they've begun campaigning for it in sixteen Oscar categories, including virtually the entire cast for each of their respective categories.

They are pushing for:
          • Best Picture
          • Best Director
          • Best Adapted Screenplay
          • Best Actor (Mark Hamill)
          • Best Actress (Daisy Ridley)
          • Best Supporting Actor (Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Benicio Del Toro, Andy Serkis, Domnhall Gleeson)
          • Best Supporting Actress (Carrie Fisher, Gwendoline Christie, Laura Dern, Kelly Marie Tran)
          • Best Cinematography
          • Best Film Editing
          • Best Production Design
          • Best Costume Design
          • Best Hairstyling & Makeup
          • Best Sound Mixing
          • Best Sound Editing
          • Best Visual Effects
          • Best Original Score

Link
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 09 December 2017, 08:06 PM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If Disney is good at anything, it's promoting its products.

Comment

Except for best video game adaptation
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                Except for best video game adaptation
                true.
                Last really good ones were KOTOR
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Tickets booked for Friday

Comment

Got my tickets for Saturday. I would go Friday at midnight, but I have work the next day and my kid has school. So, that will be a no go. Plus, a Saturday afternoon should be more relaxed.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll wait till next week when I'm off work Thurs/Fri. An afternoon on a workday shouldn't be too crowded. =)

Comment

Was gonna get tickets for tonight at midnight, hopefully they still had some, but nope; I miss out for the FIRST TIME since th eprequel trilogy on seeing the midnight viewing on day one, ah well, cant win them all

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I was watching the news this morning, and people who saw the premier last night were being interviewed. A couple of them dubbed it "worse that the prequel trilogy." However, most felt it was pretty good, and quite a few bought another ticket for today or Saturday so they could see it again.

I just want Saturday to get here...so I can see it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh man. It's that time again where I must avoid this part of the forum The wait begins until I get to watch the movie
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Saw it today. Personally it is second only to Empire Strikes Back in my books. It was an incredible experience that kept me grinning ear to ear for the whole thing. Great new characters, amazing old characters and the Story of Rey and Kylo Ren has been taken to the next step in a way that is quite unique compared to the other films.
                              First Star Wars film, other than maybe Rogue One that I have been so enthused by.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well I enjoyed it. It had 3 or 4 gigantic, glaring problems, but I thought it was a good contribution to this universe.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X