Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I like the Tython idea.

Let's talk titles. I go for "The Republic Strikes Back" is I am allowed some comedic wishful thinking.

How about plot speculation?

I say a sight time skip, maybe a year? And Rey has become a fully fledged Jedi Knight. Maybe some younglings or a padawan or two survived the Ren fiasco? They go looking for more Jedi...or maybe Jedi just start appearing like they did in the EU. Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, and so on just found lightsabers and started self teaching themselves.

Luke and Rey run into a few of these as the Resistance (Enter Poe and Fin) prepares for a counter offensive (the First Order has been making good use of a headless and Fleetless republic).

They mount some sort of operation under Lea to get some intel or something big to aid in the counter offensive. The new Jedi end up meeting a fully trained Kylo Ren and possible acolytes?

In the end, we now have a new generation of Jedi Knights and a new Dark side order, group...fraternity? Supreme leader Jar Jar...Grand Inquisitor...Maul...Plaguies... begins his ultimate ploy for galactic domination, and the Resistance starts preparing the republic worlds for the inevitable invasion.
    I doubt much time has passed. In fact, I heard that the movie might open exactly where it left off... with Rey giving Luke the lightsaber(there are photos where they have clearly reshot the whole thing).
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I hope this is better the utterly disappointing The Force Awakens.

As to the story, Ray and Finn have both become trained Jedi. Finn surely must have some force powers, he resistance to brainwashing and was able to go toe to toe with the vader wannabe. One wonders why his Grand dad didn't come back as a ghost and smack some sense into him but there you go. But let not get side track, surely teen wannabe vader is dead anyway.

Luke has disappeared again, his mission to explore the Jedi history still in complete.

Have Poe come with a message and Snokes location have been found and rebel forces are mobilizing across the galaxy.

follow Luke on some adventures, find what he been looking for and reveal some sort of secret order of Jedi knights.

The rebels vs the first order massive space battle has been a virtual draw, both fleets have been smashed to pieces by each other. But the ground battle isn't going as well for the rebel forces, who are heavily outnumbered and being cut down. Poe and Finn should have some comedy controlling a tank or a walker. Those two had by far the best chemistry in the first film.

Luke, arrive with a army of Jedi Knights and turns the tide of battle, let have a awesome scene of Luke sending a couple of dozen storm troopers flying off into the air. May be some lightening, that a cool trick. Freezing blaster fire mid air.

Snokes is revealed as Yoda size alien, not the 10 meter giant. Him and his other trained apprentices Easily defeats all three and few of the new Jedi Knights Luke brought to the party and escape for the next film.

Have a few happy scenes, may be one or two airing of suspicions of the new Jedi Knights and their sudden appearance onto the galaxy.

A snap shot showing Snokes have trained a whole army of sith lords and knights.
      Last edited by knowles2; 03 March 2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

looks like we're getting A-Wings back in VIII:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEZhfuAQ...=hamillhimself

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          looks like we're getting A-Wings back in VIII:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEZhfuAQ...=hamillhimself
          YAY!

My favorite starfighter!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Nicee. Wonder if/when we get Bwings back.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Nicee. Wonder if/when we get Bwings back.
              doubtful we will - from what I've seen/read, the B-Wings were dismantled and repurposed as the Resistance transport vessel.
              http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_transport

Comment

The A wings were my favorite ship, back in the early 1990's, playing Lucasarts' "X-Wing" PC game.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  The A wings were my favorite ship, back in the early 1990's, playing Lucasarts' "X-Wing" PC game.
                  Mine too! My setup for my A-Wing was drain shields and redirect that power to weapons and engines, had the fastest fighter. It was fun to try and keep from dying though!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Wonder if that game will run on modern hardware. Hmmmm.

Comment

It will, but it wont work with the Xbox controller for windows, looks GREAT on Windows 7 though

Comment

From what I read, there are some issues with Direct X and some other program. I think there's a patch out there that makes it possible. I don't remember if there is any issues with DRMs.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                          doubtful we will - from what I've seen/read, the B-Wings were dismantled and repurposed as the Resistance transport vessel.
                          http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_transport
                          That bites..

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          Mine too! My setup for my A-Wing was drain shields and redirect that power to weapons and engines, had the fastest fighter. It was fun to try and keep from dying though!
                          Same for me in Xwing vs Tie, especially in the A-wing focused missions. Same with a lot of missions on the Imp side, when you were in Tie defenders or advanced. Completely drain away the beam weapon (counter missile lock), to boost speed and weapons.

Comment

This was going in VII thread but this might be the better place...

Ray's grandfather is Obi-Wan?

Even without the Rebels stuff Obi-Wan was strongly suggested in VII

1) Obi-Wan spoke to Ray through the force (old and new Kenobi)
                            2) Parallels to her injuring Kilo how Obi injured Vader
                            3) English accent
                            4) Mind trick on Stormtrooper
                            5) Ben Kenobi (why name him after Obi-Wan?)

Comments from actors and directors also point to this but I won't even include those.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              This was going in VII thread but this might be the better place...

Ray's grandfather is Obi-Wan?

Even without the Rebels stuff Obi-Wan was strongly suggested in VII

1) Obi-Wan spoke to Ray through the force (old and new Kenobi)
                              2) Parallels to her injuring Kilo how Obi injured Vader
                              3) English accent
                              4) Mind trick on Stormtrooper
                              5) Ben Kenobi (why name him after Obi-Wan?)

Comments from actors and directors also point to this but I won't even include those.
                              Personally I hope she's a Kenobi, based on Oni's reaction to the news that Duchess Satine of Mandalore is dead and Sabine is her daughter, rumor/theory floats thast Sabine and Ezra are a thing ? If this is true then Ezra is Rey's dad, Sabine is her mother, and Obi is Reys grandfather due to having a brief fling with Satine, Sabines mother

Rey for one, doesnt possess the voice, or accent of a Skywalker. Luke had a farmboy accent from a backwater world, like Finn did, then Rey had a more Core or even self trained accent wherein Mandalor {which is currently in its midrim location} has a mix of accents.

Though just aimgine being a Clone, and standing up a woman, then every other clone around being chased because of that. Looking like a few million other guys would suck

Comment

Sounds like its nothing more than a ploy to please the cartoon fans if they go that route..

Especially since anyone who's NOT seen those 2 cartoons won't have a damn clue who you are on about.

Comment

Working...
                                X