Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    I've never heard of anyone being able to do anything with the Force while unconscious but anything is possible.
    My point is, if she was unconscious, then she did this subconsciously. She didn't mean to do it. She didn't choose to do it, at least not consciously.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Or Yoda, or Obi-wan, Qui-Gon...
      Yes but from our experience force ghosts attach themselves to someone they have a connection with. Anakin would be the most likely candidate all things considered.

Though to be honest, I still prefer to buy that she did it consciously and with full knowledge of what she was doing.
      I mean, it's been decades now since Leia learnt that she naturally has the potentially of being one of the most powerful force users ever... Even if she didn't want to become a Jedi, she would have done SOMETHING to learn some control over that power. After all, consider the number of people in real life who have idly attempted to force pull a remote control to them because they're too lazy to get up from the sofa... and those are people who know full well that space wizards don't exist.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Yes but from our experience force ghosts attach themselves to someone they have a connection with. Anakin would be the most likely candidate all things considered.

Though to be honest, I still prefer to buy that she did it consciously and with full knowledge of what she was doing.
        I mean, it's been decades now since Leia learnt that she naturally has the potentially of being one of the most powerful force users ever... Even if she didn't want to become a Jedi, she would have done SOMETHING to learn some control over that power. After all, consider the number of people in real life who have idly attempted to force pull a remote control to them because they're too lazy to get up from the sofa... and those are people who know full well that space wizards don't exist.
        Wait a minute here.. you mean people actually have to get up to get the remote?

Comment

Only if their partner has moved it away from them when they fell asleep watching the boring rubbish that's on these days.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
            Only if their partner has moved it away from them when they fell asleep watching the boring rubbish that's on these days.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
              My point is, if she was unconscious, then she did this subconsciously. She didn't mean to do it. She didn't choose to do it, at least not consciously.
              Interesting idea.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

Well when you think about it; there's an entiure religion in Australia based on the Jedi Order, and in the words of @DepressedDarth on Twitter "The Death Star has a new target"

Personally I think Leia DID get a little bit of info on how to use the Force, but nothing in sense of extensive training, maybe advice, some do's and don'ts, that kind of thing

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

It might also have been another force sensitive, perhaps a ghostly one? sensed her distress and saved her?
                  I doubt it. We have never seen ANYTHING about force ghosts doing anything of the such..

Comment

Moving in a zero G environment should be easy, although as we learned from Yoda...size doesn't matter with the force.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      Moving in a zero G environment should be easy, although as we learned from Yoda...size doesn't matter with the force.
                      True but how does one breathe when there is no oxygen?

Comment

I don't think she did. That was part of why she was hospitalized for most of the movie.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

About Snoke, I'm really upset that they killed him already.
                          So what exactly was the purpose of Snoke?
                          Was he in episodes 7 and 8 just to move the plot along and then provide twists towards the ending of episode 8?
                          The writers are either stupid or they still have something up their sleeves concerning Snoke. I mean why was he the leader? What's so special about him? He's just the one who filled the spot till Kyle rose to power? This just doesn't make any sense.
                          Watch the scene again. Listen very carefully to what Snoke says. He knows Kylo is going to betray him, and he lets him. I think he's either still alive, somehow, or Episode IX is going to explore the netherworld of the Force.

Comment

Granted I've only seen the movie once (so I might've missed something), but I absolutely did not get any impression that Snoke had his own death planned.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Granted I've only seen the movie once (so I might've missed something), but I absolutely did not get any impression that Snoke had his own death planned.
                              Same here. Kylo had his lightsaber pointed at Rey's back the entire time. My first thought was he was doing that to fool Snoke while he used the Force to control Luke's lightsaber.

Comment

Here's an article about a deleted scene. Anyone heard about this?

Comment

Working...
                                X