Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

A thread to discuss Star Wars episode 8. Spoilers, discussion, speculation.

**Please only use spoilers for actual plot information for episode 8 or beyond (or anything that hasn't aired). No spoiler tags needed for Episode 7
    Last edited by Spimman; 05 January 2016, 12:04 PM.
    sigpic

Star Wars’: Rian Johnson to Write, Direct Episode VIII

So it sounds like JJ Abrams will only be directing episode 7. I hope they still flow well, I'm a little disappointed at first read.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      Star Wars’: Rian Johnson to Write, Direct Episode VIII

So it sounds like JJ Abrams will only be directing episode 7. I hope they still flow well, I'm a little disappointed at first read.
      From the start Abrams was only supposed to direct Episode VII, it was never intended for him to direct any other sequels.

Comment

So they picked the guy behind LOOPER to pick up the pieces after JJ "I don't give two s--ts about continuity" Abrams is done with it?

That's actually kind of hilarious
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Let the rampant speculation begin...

I'm wondering if we'll have a ROTJ jump of sorts where Rey will already have some training under her belt and Kylo Ren will have already completed his training as well.
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder why Kylo Ren hasn't completed his training yet. Wasn't Luke already a Jedi at that age? I hope to learn more about the Ireland Jedi Temple.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Let the rampant speculation begin...

I'm wondering if we'll have a ROTJ jump of sorts where Rey will already have some training under her belt and Kylo Ren will have already completed his training as well.

I do feel that might be appropriate.. BUT i do hope they show some of that training.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                I wonder why Kylo Ren hasn't completed his training yet. Wasn't Luke already a Jedi at that age? I hope to learn more about the Ireland Jedi Temple.
                His Master may not have felt he was ready, not sure. In any case, he has obviously already had a decent level of training to stop blaster shots in mid-air and the memory extraction methods.
                Last edited by Spimman; 14 January 2016, 05:08 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

The Sith don't operate the same way as the Jedi. His Master may not have felt he was ready, not sure. In any case, he has obviously already had a decent level of training to stop blaster shots in mid-air and the memory extraction methods.
                  It seemed to me that he had raw power but not much finesse.

Comment

Episode VIII release pushed back 7 months, to Dec 15 2017.
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 January 2016, 04:44 PM.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Guess Disney wants to own the holiday movie season. Face it, when one of these comes out, it blows everything else out of the water for several weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        I think this Jedi Temple/Planet is SUPPOSED to be Tython, as a LOT of stuff in the scenery of the scene was found in The Old Republic MMO on the planet Tython. Of course Tython is in the Deep Core, so getting there isn't easy.

Also isn't it already hinted that this moviue will be slightly if not a whole lot darker for Finn ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I like the Tython idea.

Let's talk titles. I go for "The Republic Strikes Back" is I am allowed some comedic wishful thinking.

How about plot speculation?

I say a sight time skip, maybe a year? And Rey has become a fully fledged Jedi Knight. Maybe some younglings or a padawan or two survived the Ren fiasco? They go looking for more Jedi...or maybe Jedi just start appearing like they did in the EU. Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, and so on just found lightsabers and started self teaching themselves.

Luke and Rey run into a few of these as the Resistance (Enter Poe and Fin) prepares for a counter offensive (the First Order has been making good use of a headless and Fleetless republic).

They mount some sort of operation under Lea to get some intel or something big to aid in the counter offensive. The new Jedi end up meeting a fully trained Kylo Ren and possible acolytes?

In the end, we now have a new generation of Jedi Knights and a new Dark side order, group...fraternity? Supreme leader Jar Jar...Grand Inquisitor...Maul...Plaguies... begins his ultimate ploy for galactic domination, and the Resistance starts preparing the republic worlds for the inevitable invasion.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Star Wars VIII cast announced.
                            http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=36948731

Comment

Nice.. Wonder who del toro is going to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X