No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still the most complex and interesting character in the whole Stargate fandom for me....the "heart and soul" of the SGC and still as fresh and important to me as he was when I first fell in love with him all those years ago...

I never tire of watching those Daniel-centric episodes like The First Ones, Crystal Skull, Maternal Instinct, Meridian, Abyss, Enemy Mine etc where Daniel's lust for cultural learning, finding out about himself and his self-sacrificing ways without thought to himself or his own safety and being there for his dear dear friends in times of trouble is a complete joy to me..

Long may Dr Jackson carry on in our hearts, in fanfic and may he have many more birthdays!

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
      Still the most complex and interesting character in the whole Stargate fandom for me....the "heart and soul" of the SGC and still as fresh and important to me as he was when I first fell in love with him all those years ago...

I never tire of watching those Daniel-centric episodes like The First Ones, Crystal Skull, Maternal Instinct, Meridian, Abyss, Enemy Mine etc where Daniel's lust for cultural learning, finding out about himself and his self-sacrificing ways without thought to himself or his own safety and being there for his dear dear friends in times of trouble is a complete joy to me..

Long may Dr Jackson carry on in our hearts, in fanfic and may he have many more birthdays!

Deeds xx
      Daniel-centric episodes are the finest episodes. The Unas eps were good, First Ones, Beast of Burden, Enemy Mine; they could easily have been cheese-fests but Michael bought into the whole thing and made them real. Dionne played a large part in that, too. Michael/Daniel made us care, for Daniel, the team and the Unas themselves.

I also love eps where the team is shown doing its thing alongside Daniel being Daniel, like Torment of Tantalus, which is always in my personal top three.

Next year, Dr Jackson is 50, right?

I foresee cake and online celebrations.

Comment

Oh yes...a GREAT BIG 50TH BIRTHDAY BASH is in order for sure...

And let's take this year as a build up where we sing the praises of Dr Jackson, the SGC's Greatest Hope, as much as we can....

Our fandom is smaller but it's still a very important part to us all and I'm very glad to be heading into my 10th year here at Gateworld, still loving and supporting the man (and the actor who portrayed him so perfectly) as much as I did when I tentatively asked those sweet ladies on the DJ Thunk Thread if it "was alright to join in?"

Long Live Dr Jackson.....Always!!

And Cake...Jack will be bringing LOTS of cake...

Deeds xx
        sigpic

Comment

My fav Daniel ep was Crystal Skull Torment of Tantalus is my fav sg1 ep I miss my Daniel
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

My husband and I watched Crystal Skull and Urgo tonight. It was like getting together with old friends.

Comment

I really like and appreciate Daniel`s character. Truth is he`s not my first choice for favorite character, but I think he is one of the best written characters of the series and also very well acted by MS. Daniel has great inner strength and despite being dreamer and somewhat pacifist, he has an ability to change people and events around him. And portraying all of this without a character looking weak, too naive or unreal takes a skill. MS has a great talent, imo.

I find Daniel very intriguing. He lost parents at a young age, had a hard life (was lonely, wasn`t understood by academic field), but didn`t become pesimist or bitter. He loved people, valued life greatly, I guess everyone`s excepts Goauld, but that`s no wonder when they took his wife, and had abundance of enthusiasm for discovering and learning new things. He also had an effect on people and balanced the team, especially Jack perfectly. He probably was only one who doesn`t hesitate to opose him and often found different solution.

I also enjoyed several episodes I probably wouldn`t have otherwise because of MS acting skills. Good example is The First Ones but there were more of them. It was very interesting to see MS playing Daniel trying to befriend Unas.
              And then his scenes with RDA are always a treat. So because of all of this Daniel gradually found a way into my heart.

Favorite episodes are probably Crystal Skull, Meridian, The Torment of Tantalus...

Comment

Nice to see this thread up and running again....

The First Ones and Crystal Skull are both in my Top 5 Stargate SG1 episodes as they seem to be quintessential Daniel Jackson episodes for me...I am 100% a Daniel Jackson girl he is by far and away a country mile my favourite character from the whole franchise and never stops being so...it is a testament to Stargate SG1 that when it is repeated on our local cable tv channels (all owned by Sky TV) I NEVER fail to watch all the Daniel-centric episodes and pretty much most of the others ..and let me tell you Stargate is repeated on Sky A LOT

I feel blessed that I have had such a great character to "fangirl" over and on top of that been lucky to participate in a fandom that, in the main, has been fun, friendly and enabled me to make many friends both in real life and online....AND of course meet the man who played him, Michael Shanks who is one of the nicest actors on the planet that I've ever met...

Deeds xx
                sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder that Michael will be in Birmingham UK this weekend.

Guest Appearance Information

Attending: Saturday & Sunday

Autograph Price: £30

Photoshoot Price: £30

Diamond Pass Price: £85

http://www.collectormania.com/birmin...michael-shanks
                  sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

I liked Daniel in the movie, so my love went over to SG-1 too.
                    I first watched them when I was about 12.
                    I wanted to be an archaeologist when I was a kid and loved everything Ancient Egyptian so
                    It was a full on crush then but now it's more of an admiration thing. Not that he isn't hot.

Comment

Some Daniel-centric walls I made in the past. Hope you like them!

Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Hello to anyone who’s still out there -

I wanted to say I’ve just discovered and binged this show very recently, and I’m a huge Daniel Jackson fan.

I fell in love with his passion to help people and for exploring and learning, as well as his dedication to his friends. I love how smart and caring he is as well.

I first noticed him in “Solitudes”, and how tirelessly he works to find Sam and Jack (and when he was hurt I just wanted to give him a hug lol).

Some of my favorite Daniel episodes/moments are:
                          Lifeboat - I liked the way the actor handled the multiple personalities
                          One False Step - I enjoyed the bits when he was trying to communicate using charades
                          The Light - I like the way Jack gets upset at Daniel’s predicament
                          Need - he totally needs a hug by the end.
                          Torment of Tantalus
                          There but for the Grace of God
                          The First Ones
                          Fire and Water

I’d better stop, this is getting too long!

How I wish I’d discovered SG-1 earlier so I could have participated in this wonderful discussion and “met” some other Daniel fans like me!​

Comment

Working...
                          X