TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Well, that was a real tear jerker in many parts.

Spoiler:

I'm curious to find out just why Patient 0 is so happy that the virus worked so well, and is now so happy to be with the group that wants to destroy the cure.

Pretty cool when they found out how many pockets of survivors there were all around the world.
    Spoiler:
    God complex, these people obviously have a natural immunity, perhaps he see's himself as a leader of the New World Order.

Comment

Finally caught it online this morning. I loved the turmoil both the Xo and Co felt in whether to continue the mission, or leave and stay home. I also loved the 'mother's comments' to her daughter about knowing her 'friend was more, and that she was pregnant.

Also liked the cut scenes to the camp with our new crazy group.

Comment

Caught tonights and rather liked it. Loved the inclusion of 2 new members for the 'assault squad', but felt the XO's running of the ship was a little lacking not already having some one on overwatch with a sniper rifle or on one of the mark 42s.

Comment

For those who have an interest in such things in regards to the class of vessel we see right at the end:
          Spoiler:
          That would be an Astute class attack submarine. One of the most advanced and quietest attack subs ever fashioned by man... It's a seriously scary thing to think of hunting the Nathan James.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            For those who have an interest in such things in regards to the class of vessel we see right at the end:
            Spoiler:
            That would be an Astute class attack submarine. One of the most advanced and quietest attack subs ever fashioned by man... It's a seriously scary thing to think of hunting the Nathan James.
            Spoiler:
            As important as the technical capabilities of the Astute class might be, more important is who is operating the sub. Since that's the newest generation of subs for Great Britain, it's likely being operated by the British, who are not likely to be hostile towards the NJ. If, on the other hand, it has been stolen, the thieves may or may not know how to operate it effectively. So that makes it a question mark.

It's also possible that the image of the Astute class is being used simply because it's not familiar to most U.S. viewers, and the sub is something totally different in the show. Again, total question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Spoiler:
              As important as the technical capabilities of the Astute class might be, more important is who is operating the sub. Since that's the newest generation of subs for Great Britain, it's likely being operated by the British, who are not likely to be hostile towards the NJ. If, on the other hand, it has been stolen, the thieves may or may not know how to operate it effectively. So that makes it a question mark.

It's also possible that the image of the Astute class is being used simply because it's not familiar to most U.S. viewers, and the sub is something totally different in the show. Again, total question mark.
              Spoiler:
              Not really. When you see the sub at the beginning with the two guys who weren't getting sick the whole crew were wearing Royal Navy uniforms.

However, you're right to say that if the crew are not experienced submariners, then that does eliminate any advantages the Astute has.

Nevertheless it's a fair bet they intend it to be the Astute class. When it comes to the class of ships being shown in the show they have so far been pretty accurate. Take the Russian Nuclear Battlecruiser from last season for example.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Spoiler:
                Not really. When you see the sub at the beginning with the two guys who weren't getting sick the whole crew were wearing Royal Navy uniforms.

However, you're right to say that if the crew are not experienced submariners, then that does eliminate any advantages the Astute has.

Nevertheless it's a fair bet they intend it to be the Astute class. When it comes to the class of ships being shown in the show they have so far been pretty accurate. Take the Russian Nuclear Battlecruiser from last season for example.
                the nathan james did seem to have trouble detecting it, and im sure i read that in exercises the us navy have struggled to detect astute class subs, I doubt there could have been many other immune people trained on the astute, but it looks like this group have other european military types so they could probably pull together a reasonable group of submariners and train them to a reasonable standard

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                  the nathan james did seem to have trouble detecting it, and im sure i read that in exercises the us navy have struggled to detect astute class subs, I doubt there could have been many other immune people trained on the astute, but it looks like this group have other european military types so they could probably pull together a reasonable group of submariners and train them to a reasonable standard
                  From what it looked like to me, the leader of the "immune" was either the XO or one of the other officers on that sub, and when the rest died off, he took over..

Comment

most of what I learned about sub war fare I learned from movies, so take it with a grain of salt what I say, but from what I picked up, differences in water temp, salt content and depth, as well as hiding on the bottom, can hide you from sonar or at least confuse sonar.

I just hope wolf man isn't on the subs side.

Comment

it looks like there only 3 more eps this season

Spoiler:
                      Episode 4

Solace

The Last Ship: Season 2

Episode Info

Chandler sees an opportunity to add another vessel to the fleet when a hospital ship is discovered at sea waiting for Dr. Scott's cure. But tensions rise when Chandler and his team board the ship, only to face an unforeseen enemy.

Network: TNT
                      Air Date: Jul 5, 2015
                      Directed By: Sergio Mimica-Gezzan
                      Written By: Steven Kane

===================================================

Episode 5

Achilles

Episode Info

Chandler and his crew duel against rogue British naval officers manning a nuclear-powered submarine. Meanwhile, Slattery interrogates a mercenary to learn more about a hospital ship, and a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse ensues.

Air Date: Jul 12, 2015
                      Directed By: Tim Matheson,Sergio Mimica-Gezzan,Paul Holahan,Jack Bender

Episode 6

Long Day's Journey

Episode Info

Chandler tracks the Immunes to Northern Florida in a bid to avenge the destruction of the labs. Elsewhere, Rachel unearths a secret yet incomplete cure formula, and Chandler's team locates an Immune compound controlled by Sean and Ned.

Air Date: Jul 19, 2015
                      Directed By: Paul Holahan

================================================

Episode 7

Alone and Unafraid

Episode Info

Chandler and his team infiltrate an Immune compound. Danny poses as one of Ned's workers and discovers that Patient Zero is working for the Ramseys. Meanwhile, Chandler inches into Sean's inner circle.

Air Date: Jul 26, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                        it looks like there only 3 more eps this season

Spoiler:
                        Episode 4

Solace

Episode Info

Chandler sees an opportunity to add another vessel to the fleet when a hospital ship is discovered at sea waiting for Dr. Scott's cure. But tensions rise when Chandler and his team board the ship, only to face an unforeseen enemy.

Air Date: Jul 5, 2015
                        Directed By: Sergio Mimica-Gezzan

Episode 5

Achilles

Episode Info

Chandler and his crew duel against rogue British naval officers manning a nuclear-powered submarine. Meanwhile, Slattery interrogates a mercenary to learn more about a hospital ship, and a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse ensues.

Air Date: Jul 12, 2015

Episode 6

Long Day's Journey

Episode Info

Chandler tracks the Immunes to Northern Florida in a bid to avenge the destruction of the labs. Elsewhere, Rachel unearths a secret yet incomplete cure formula, and Chandler's team locates an Immune compound controlled by Sean and Ned.

Air Date: Jul 19, 2015
                        Directed By: Paul Holahan

================================================

Episode 7

Alone and Unafraid

Episode Info

Chandler and his team infiltrate an Immune compound. Danny poses as one of Ned's workers and discovers that Patient Zero is working for the Ramseys. Meanwhile, Chandler inches into Sean's inner circle.

Air Date: Jul 26, 2015
                        Maybe they just didn't list the last three. They had 10 episodes last season; and given how popular the show is, it would be surprising for this to be an even shorter season.

Comment

S2 has 13 episodes. The season premiere counts as 2 episodes
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Finally caught last sunday's episode. Man did it suck to see the sub get off those missiles and hear (at the end) that many of those labs got blown up. Here's hoping at least SOME made it out of the facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Finally caught last sunday's episode. Man did it suck to see the sub get off those missiles and hear (at the end) that many of those labs got blown up. Here's hoping at least SOME made it out of the facilities.
                              at least the immune crazies didnt get hold of a nuclear missile submarine, unless maybe they did as well and we just dont know yet

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                                at least the immune crazies didnt get hold of a nuclear missile submarine, unless maybe they did as well and we just dont know yet
                                As it carries Tommohawks, some Could be nuke tipped.

Comment

Working...
                                X