No announcement yet.

TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could, but 3 parashutes imo would have NOT been enough.

I was wondering if they could have used all their dingies to try and pull the ship.

Comment

I decided to give this show a chance, and I'm glad I did.
      I'm actually enjoying the lack of romantic entanglements (other than the one couple on there). The focus is on working together to do what needs to be done, rather than all the other "stuff".
      I also like the fact that it's already been given the nod for a second season. I think that will make it much easier to handle writing, etc. (unless, of course, the first season is already in the can).

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
        I decided to give this show a chance, and I'm glad I did.
        I'm actually enjoying the lack of romantic entanglements (other than the one couple on there). The focus is on working together to do what needs to be done, rather than all the other "stuff".
        I also like the fact that it's already been given the nod for a second season. I think that will make it much easier to handle writing, etc. (unless, of course, the first season is already in the can).
        It is. The first season has already been filmed completely
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

This weeks ep, was decent. I liked that they had to skip Costa Rica and headed to Venezuela. And loved the actor playing the head honcho. Though i was surprised as heck it seemed like when they left, they didn't pick up all their gear, just their weapons.

Comment

I liked this week's episode, I thought it was more interesting than last week's. The actor that played El Toro was really good
            Spoiler:
            at playing a super sleazy character. I hated him so much, I thought he got a good ending lol. I was actually getting kind of upset when it looked like they were just going to leave those people after they got the monkeys. That probably would've been the easiest/wisest thing to do, but I was glad that they decided to go back. I always find it hard watch episodes or shows where women or young girls are being threatened with rape.
            sigpic

Comment

Good ep. I'm wondering just how close do you need to get to an infected person for the virus to transmit?
              Spoiler:
              They got pretty close to those infected people before putting on their masks

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                Good ep. I'm wondering just how close do you need to get to an infected person for the virus to transmit?
                Spoiler:
                They got pretty close to those infected people before putting on their masks
                Spoiler:
                They seemed to play it a little fast and loose with the rules in that ep... I'm thinking it's going to cost them.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Judging by the previews for this Sunday's ep, that is a good call.

Comment

I didn't see the previews.
                    Spoiler:
                    Does somebody get sick? That's dangerous territory to get into because if they start downplaying how easily contagious this virus is, the show will lose a lot of credibility. To me, anyway.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Yup. 2-3 crew members get sick, then it spreads

Comment

Loved this weeks ep. What with the
                        Spoiler:
                        massive scare of the virus being on ship when the LT dropped, but it turning out to be Dengue fever. Also liked that him and his Gal are now outed and both will get punished.
                        I also liked the rousting of the crew via Mr in prison (through his chess pal) working them into wanting off ship, though they DID have a legit reason (not offically op held on and terms wre up). But i also liked how the captain got them around, with letting them listen in on the radio traffic they hear.

Comment

I am really getting into this show. Though I am kinda hoping they can come across another ship that they can call an ally sooner or later... Personally I'd love to see a Royal Navy vessel (legit this time) show up on the horizon... A Type 45 Destroyer perhaps. I think it'd just be nice to see some of the UK/USA's special relationship being shown in practice even when the world has gone to hell.......

................. Alright fine, it's only because the Type 45 is one of the most advanced warships ever constructed and can totally kick ass... and the Royal Navy names their ships accordingly too.

type45vsburke.jpg
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I want to know why only the female of the two breaking the regs got in trouble. The guy was just as much responsible as she was, but apparently he doesn't even get a slap on the wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I want to know why only the female of the two breaking the regs got in trouble. The guy was just as much responsible as she was, but apparently he doesn't even get a slap on the wrist.
                              Spoiler:
                              I got the sense that the captain just figured it out. I'm guessing he's gonna get a talking to when he regains consciousness.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                I am really getting into this show. Though I am kinda hoping they can come across another ship that they can call an ally sooner or later... Personally I'd love to see a Royal Navy vessel (legit this time) show up on the horizon... A Type 45 Destroyer perhaps. I think it'd just be nice to see some of the UK/USA's special relationship being shown in practice even when the world has gone to hell.......

................. Alright fine, it's only because the Type 45 is one of the most advanced warships ever constructed and can totally kick ass... and the Royal Navy names their ships accordingly too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39839[/ATTACH]
                                Well, being they are down near Costa rica, and such, the UK does have some ships near the Falklands.

Though why not go with an Australian or Canadian ship?

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                IIRC of the ep, the Captain DID say that the other LT would be getting his own desert when he is better.

Comment

Working...
                                X