No announcement yet.

TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we finally saw who the "Big bad is".. and i like him!

Comment

What a humdinger of an ep.. So we
      Spoiler:
      find out the brits are willing to work for the madman scientist, and are willing to jerk over the Yanks to do so.. Will that brit ignore the home office on this?

But i loved seeing Chandler getting all those questioning looks, cause he stayed out of uniform so long.. Just wondering.. Now he's back IN uniform, and shaved.. Will he push to get all the OTHERS into shaving regulations?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        What a humdinger of an ep.. So we
        Spoiler:
        find out the brits are willing to work for the madman scientist, and are willing to jerk over the Yanks to do so.. Will that brit ignore the home office on this?

But i loved seeing Chandler getting all those questioning looks, cause he stayed out of uniform so long.. Just wondering.. Now he's back IN uniform, and shaved.. Will he push to get all the OTHERS into shaving regulations?
        I liked how Kathleen Nolan didn't just thank him for his apology about her father and be friendly. She's a a huge grudge against him since he didn't bother to see her after her father died, and she's not going to let go of it very easily. I don't blame her.

I also love how Jeter read Chandler the riot act over his disappearance and pointedly told him that everyone had suffered pretty much as much as Chandler did and they still stuck around and did their jobs.

Spoiler:
        As to Fletcher and whether he will follow orders from home, there's a lot of hostility against him over on Facebook and really mean, nasty comments. I see him as a good guy who has been with the NJ for 16 months and made friends with a lot of folks and helped them a lot during his stay on the ship, and now he's faced with whether to disobey orders from home and betray everyone he knows on the NJ. I just think he's a good guy in a horrid situation, and no matter what he decides it isn't going to turn out too good. I do think Sasha is already suspicious and will try to get to the bottom of the situation.

Comment

I agree. It was IMO about time someone on the ship read him the riot act for in essence, deserting them all like he did..

Comment

...and now he's deserted his kids, doh!

That is RoboCop right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              ...and now he's deserted his kids, doh!

That is RoboCop right?
              Right.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I also love how Jeter read Chandler the riot act over his disappearance and pointedly told him that everyone had suffered pretty much as much as Chandler did and they still stuck around and did their jobs.
                I'm 'bout 3 weeks behind on this season, but didn't Chandler leave after last season's final? episode where he succumbed to temptation and shot the blonde woman who was part of the attempt to take over the country after she was defeated and no longer a threat?

Granted, under the circumstances, (she killed one of his kids?) I don't think any parent could have resisted the temptation. But I thought that changed him; he didn't feel himself worthy of command anymore.

Comment

Maybe if you were up to date you would understand the discussion better
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    I'm 'bout 3 weeks behind on this season, but didn't Chandler leave after last season's final? episode where he succumbed to temptation and shot the blonde woman who was part of the attempt to take over the country after she was defeated and no longer a threat?

Granted, under the circumstances, (she killed one of his kids?) I don't think any parent could have resisted the temptation. But I thought that changed him; he didn't feel himself worthy of command anymore.
                    Not to give too much away, but it has been 16 months (in show time) since the end of last season, so Chandler has been gone for 16 months and has not communicated in any way with his former shipmates. You'll have to watch the first and future episodes to find out the rest.

Oh, and Shaw had his father killed, not one of his kids.

Comment

sad news , it looks like this is the last season for the Nathan james, it looks like this is the last for the show, it mentions that it looks like the end in the article announcing the end of the librarians
                      ******************************************************************************** *****

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...at-tnt-1093288

Showrunner Dean Devlin said he will attempt to find a new home for the series.

TNT is closing the book on The Librarians.

The Turner-owned cable network has canceled the drama from showrunner Dean Devlin. Devlin broke the news Thursday, noting that he would look to find a new home for the series that originally started as a TV movie on the cable network.

"Just got the official call. TNT has canceled #TheLibrarians— I will immediately begin the process of trying to move the show elsewhere. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!" he wrote.

The fantasy-adventure drama was developed by John Rogers and based on The Librarian by David Titcher. Rebecca Romijn starred in the drama with Noah Wyle recurring and executive producing the series alongside Devlin, Mark Roskin and John Rogers.

The decision to cancel the show comes shortly after Wyle signed on to star in a CBS racial drama, Red Line, from Greg Berlanti and Ava DuVernay.

The Librarians was one of the last dramas that predated the arrival of TBS and TNT president Kevin Reilly after the exec canceled Major Crimes, Murder in the First, Rizzoli & Isles and other procedural fare in favor of edgier (and more expensive) content in a bid to break through the cluttered scripted landscape. TNT's scripted roster now includes Animal Kingdom, Claws, Good Behavior, The Alienist and the upcoming One Day She'll Darken, Snowpiercer and Deadlier Than the Male. Veteran The Last Ship is also expected to end with its forthcoming season.

Comment

The start of the 5th and final season of The Last Ship will be early September. Previews are being shown on TNT with the actual date.

Comment

We're into the 5th and final season of this show, and the series is going out with a bang.

It's been 3 years since Chandler and the Nathan James saved the world -- again -- and things are going pretty well. Our fleet has been rebuilt and two of the ladies from previous seasons are in command of two of the ships. Kara Foster Green is Captain of the Nathan James. Andrea Garnett (formerly Chief Engineer of the NJ) is Captain of another ship.

Chandler, Slattery and Meylan are now Admirals, with Chandler being retired and teaching at the naval academy.

A celebration of the success and now having 5 naval vessels in operation besides more having been built is being held in Mayport, Florida. As the celebration is underway, a group of airplanes is seen heading toward the celebration, when Chandler realizes they are not U.S planes, which soon becomes obvious when the planes start shooting at and dropping bombs on the celebration.

About the same time a cyber attack is launched that takes out all of the U.S.'s satellites and most computer guided systems. So, according to the ads leading up to this season, not only have we suffered another Pearl Harbor type attack, we are going to be fighting on a level like in WWII.

It turns out that a very nasty tyrant/dictator in South America is seriously peeved at the United States and this is his way of starting a war.

You can guess what follows. We are now up to Episode 3, with Episode 4 to air next Sunday. If you haven't been watching, please do so. You likely won't be sorry.
                          Last edited by hedwig; 25 September 2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I finished the season the other day, and I have to say I wasn't impressed by this season at all. The only reason I stuck with it was to complete the story, this was the last year for this, and I've watched the prior seasons.

The ending was just too cheesy; having the Nathan James ram the IOWA class WWII Battleship. Not only was that a cheap way out for the James, but in reality, I think a Destroyer would simply bounce off the armor plating of a WWII era battlewagon. It might have punched a hole in her, but it certainly won't have broken her back as they depicted on the screen.

Comment

I have up and down feelings about this 5th season.

There was way more violence than in previous seasons; or, maybe it was that she showed more of the up close violence than in previous years. I thought the last episode should have been a 90 minute episode so that there was more closure than we got. However, there were some scenes that were very emotional, like the one where Chandler was alone on the ship, trying to decide whether he wanted to live, and he started seeing all those that had died during the 5 seasons. He was in a room where many people were seated, and one by one they stood up declaring "We have the ship", and each one was a deceased shipmate. I was nearly crying during that scene.

There was a scene where troops were landing on the beach from troop carriers that was reminiscent of the Normandy invasion during WWII. As it turned out, that scene was of real Navy personnel practicing war games on a beach. The Director had gone to the Naval Station in San Diego and asked if he could follow them around for a couple of days and film the events to use in his show, and the Navy was happy to comply. That beach landing was also very emotional.

Too many questions were left unanswered and is probably my biggest complaint about the episode. Us fans will just have to supply our own version of what happened after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                I finished the season the other day, and I have to say I wasn't impressed by this season at all. The only reason I stuck with it was to complete the story, this was the last year for this, and I've watched the prior seasons.

The ending was just too cheesy; having the Nathan James ram the IOWA class WWII Battleship. Not only was that a cheap way out for the James, but in reality, I think a Destroyer would simply bounce off the armor plating of a WWII era battlewagon. It might have punched a hole in her, but it certainly won't have broken her back as they depicted on the screen.
                                Chandler did arm the missiles that the Nathan James had....which made me wonder why they weren't used in the first place?

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I have up and down feelings about this 5th season.

There was way more violence than in previous seasons; or, maybe it was that she showed more of the up close violence than in previous years. I thought the last episode should have been a 90 minute episode so that there was more closure than we got. However, there were some scenes that were very emotional, like the one where Chandler was alone on the ship, trying to decide whether he wanted to live, and he started seeing all those that had died during the 5 seasons. He was in a room where many people were seated, and one by one they stood up declaring "We have the ship", and each one was a deceased shipmate. I was nearly crying during that scene.

There was a scene where troops were landing on the beach from troop carriers that was reminiscent of the Normandy invasion during WWII. As it turned out, that scene was of real Navy personnel practicing war games on a beach. The Director had gone to the Naval Station in San Diego and asked if he could follow them around for a couple of days and film the events to use in his show, and the Navy was happy to comply. That beach landing was also very emotional.

Too many questions were left unanswered and is probably my biggest complaint about the episode. Us fans will just have to supply our own version of what happened after that.
                                Same here. I would have prefered a conclusion as opposed to an emotional send off of the ship. I understand that they wanted the end to be about the ship, and not the war and politics so it made sense to focus on Chandler and the Nathan James. But...I was invested on the world building and they didn't conclude that for me at all so now I feel cheated.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X