TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    As it carries Tomahawks, some Could be nuke tipped.
    Technically possible but unlikely. Only a particular class of British sub has Nuclear weapons of any kind, and Nuclear Tomahawks aren't in the arsenal. We only use Trident for that. But I leave it open in case they stole a few.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

And if he had them, you would have suspected he would have used them.

Comment

Tonight's episode:

Spoiler:
        It was a bit slower than some of the other episodes, but still very good.

The Nathan James finds out that Rachel's mentor and all the other scientists in the lab he was working in had been killed, but the doctor managed to get a message out to Rachel to let her know that he had found a way to make more of the cure without having to use fancy machines to do so.

Rachel had been lecturing the Captain about how important it was to get the cure out to the people and not go running off on a revenge mission, only to tell him when he finds the people that killed her mentor, to "kill them". She finally understood why he was so determined to do just that instead of distributing the new form of the cure.

Loved seeing the ship's crew in action looking for the submarine. They didn't find that, but they did find a buoy of some sort that was allowing the sub to transmit messages to and from their people on shore ... and then they destroyed it. I felt like cheering. Loved how well the shipboard team worked together with that. But that's what Navy folks (and other military) are supposed to do. Right?

There was a really intense scene between Sean and his brother over what they were going to and when. I'm quite convinced that Sean would have no way hesitation in killing his own brother after that confrontation. Meanwhile, Niels is standing there watching this confrontation after congratulating himself on visiting a small group of survivors and leaving them infected with the virus and soon will all likely be dead. His happiness with himself almost makes me think that inwardly he's doing a little happy dance congratulating himself on his cleverness. I think Niels, Sean and the brother are all bat s**t crazy, and that's putting it mildly. Will be happy when they are killed.

Later in the episode, Captain Chandler and a bunch of his crew trade in their uniforms for civilian clothing to better blend in with the large group of survivors they've come across. At one point, Sean's brother walked onto the stage where Sean is giving a speech, and he looked out to the audience and for a moment I thought he had spotted Captain Chandler, and then dismissed it. Because if he had seen Chandler, he's totally crazy enough to just shoot him instead of anything else. Except he's so crazy, he'd probably have missed.

Definitely looking forward to next week's episode. Apparently from stuff in articles about the show, there's going to be some sort of huge cliffhanger at the end of this season. Should be interesting to find out what that will be.

Comment

I am just wondering who is the crazier of the two.. Sean or his brother?

As for the ep, i liked it.

Comment

I'm so glad I found this thread! Thanks to my friend Hedwig.

This is my most current obsession. I LOVE this show. Slowly, but surely, I've been dragging my friends aboard. First, I use the obvious method--the promise of Chandler, Slattery, and Wolf eye candy, and then the show itself hooks them.

I love how tight it is. I think that, with fewer episodes, it's even more necessary to make sure that the plot lines are tight and evenly-spaced.

So, in a nutshell, I'm glad I've been introduced his forum thread, because now I have people to talk about it with.

sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Welcome fellow Lost ship fan..

Comment

Last night's episode was a little slow for my liking, but i did enjoy it none the less.
                Spoiler:
                I hated it that the 'crazier brother' seemed to survive that cheek shot (it looked more of a gut shot though initially) and that they also got the infected but immune russian scientist.

Comment

I thought it was awesome!

Spoiler:

I loved the kitchen fight. I wrote an SG-1 fanfic once where a character used a meat tenderizer as a weapon. A reader kind of laughed at that, declaring it non-effective, and so I felt a little vindicated when a meat tenderizer got some good blows in during that fight.

It'll be interesting what they do with the "President" (I'm not convinced he actually is POTUS--they haven't actually gotten any communication from the White House bunker, have they?). At least the Nathan James having the Russian guy will prevent him from gleefully infecting more people, right?
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Last night's episode was a little slow for my liking, but i did enjoy it none the less.
                    Spoiler:
                    I hated it that the 'crazier brother' seemed to survive that cheek shot (it looked more of a gut shot though initially) and that they also got the infected but immune russian scientist.
                    Spoiler:
                    That "cheek shot" took off part of his ear as well. And I'm curious why you didn't like that the good guys got Niels.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fight in the kitchen. Love the use of the meat tenderizer, as well as using a fork to incapacitate the bad guy.

What with all the fighting going on aboard the sub, I'd be surprised if they don't accidentally sink themselves or mutiny.

I'm a little puzzled by Chandler's "Bulgaria"? when someone mentioned all the countries in Europe that had been convinced to join The Chosen. I don't remember anything about Bulgaria being mentioned to make it important.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      That "cheek shot" took off part of his ear as well. And I'm curious why you didn't like that the good guys got Niels.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fight in the kitchen. Love the use of the meat tenderizer, as well as using a fork to incapacitate the bad guy.

What with all the fighting going on aboard the sub, I'd be surprised if they don't accidentally sink themselves or mutiny.

I'm a little puzzled by Chandler's "Bulgaria"? when someone mentioned all the countries in Europe that had been convinced to join The Chosen. I don't remember anything about Bulgaria being mentioned to make it important.
                      Spoiler:

Perhaps he was just surprised how far-reaching the cult has become?
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Spoiler:

Perhaps he was just surprised how far-reaching the cult has become?
                        Spoiler:
                        Probably so. I had to look on Google Earth to find out where Bulgaria is.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          I thought it was awesome!

Spoiler:

I loved the kitchen fight. I wrote an SG-1 fanfic once where a character used a meat tenderizer as a weapon. A reader kind of laughed at that, declaring it non-effective, and so I felt a little vindicated when a meat tenderizer got some good blows in during that fight.

It'll be interesting what they do with the "President" (I'm not convinced he actually is POTUS--they haven't actually gotten any communication from the White House bunker, have they?). At least the Nathan James having the Russian guy will prevent him from gleefully infecting more people, right?
                          Spoiler:
                          On the potus angle.. Yes it is an interesting situation, cause as we saw a few eps ago, there WAS no comm with the WH bunker, and iirc last season didn't they say the WH staff has been wiped out.

As to the dr.. While it is good he is out of action, and on the NJ.. do we know for certain that there were not more of those vials he had made??

Spoiler:
                          And I'm curious why you didn't like that the good guys got Niels.
                          Spoiler:
                          GHA.. Should have had a separate part for that line.. Should have been "Hate-the brother not dead, liked they got the DR!

Spoiler:
                          Or at least break out in actual fights rather than words..

Comment

niels isnt russian by the way, isnt he norwegian, im sure that was said at some point, definitely Scandinavian anyway,
                            the submarine crew all being cockneys is quite grating, well spoken Brits must not have been immune then

Comment

They weren't all cockneys. Sean said they gathered people from all over Europe to man the sub.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                They weren't all cockneys. Sean said they gathered people from all over Europe to man the sub.
                                all the ones that spoke though

Comment

Working...
                                X