Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

Default I am rewatching Babylon 5

I am doing a rewatch and for some of it like all the movies watching for the first time like I finally watched the Gathering I got all the dvds with my tax refund I am middle of season 1

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Default Re: I am rewatching Babylon 5

Enjoy! B5 is a great show to rewatch, because some things take so long to develop. For example, Delenn starts building the support for the triluminary quite early on.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

It's a show that's always good fun for a rewatch. I go through the series again once or twice a year along with DS9 and the West Wing.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Someday it will be on streaming, and I'll get to see all the things I missed by watching it on Netflix's dodgy DVDs. Sometimes just scenes, and a few times most of an episode.

I love Babylon 5, i completed my second re-watch of Babylon 5 not 3 years ago, still too fresh to re-watch ya know?

besides i've been doing more gaming lately anyway
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; June 8th, 2014 at 03:08 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

I am midway through Season Three myself. I am not sure how many re-watches this makes for me. It is my favorite show, so I've lost count.

Quote Originally Posted by min min light View Post
    Someday it will be on streaming, and I'll get to see all the things I missed by watching it on Netflix's dodgy DVDs.
    That is what http://freebabylon5.com/ is trying to do. Get reruns back on the air or get it onto a streaming site so old fans have access to it and new fans can be created.

And was there something Netflix did to make the DVDs more "dodgy" than how WB screwed them up to begin with? Or was it just "dodgy" because Netflix couldn't get them to you?

The Netflix DVDs were often broken or cracked or otherwise damaged, and I would ask for a replacement and then that would be broken or cracked or otherwise damaged, so I finally gave up and just watched what I could. It's odd but when that happens it's always the entire series - I had the same problem with Everwood and Earth: Final Conflict.

I bought the complete series and the movies finally and re-watched the whole series about two years ago.

I watched BB5 when it was airing in the UK way back when, but the way it was aired seemed to be very fragmented. With BB5 if you miss some episodes you lose track of the whole and ended up with trying to make out what was going on from what I was able to watch. So I never got the complete picture about major story arcs and how things were connected.

It was one of the few shows where I liked all the characters and it was interesting to watch how they evolved. BB5 really did that well and was what made the show for me, it is what makes it so re-watchable even after all these years.

It was great to finally watch it in order and finally appreciate fully how all the threads came together.

At some point I will watch it again, just like DS9 and Farscape, which, on thinking about it are both due for a re-watch about now me thinks!

I have JUST bought the complete series with the movie and just started watching them. Ohhh great fun.
    I like Sharky

Quote Originally Posted by The Flyattractor View Post
    I have JUST bought the complete series with the movie and just started watching them. Ohhh great fun.
    Yeah I love every minute. Too bad Warner Brothers screwed up those DVDs and the chances for a Blu-Ray release.