Inner Workings of Furling Transport Arch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inner Workings of Furling Transport Arch

Those of you who saw Paradise Lost know about the Furling arch. We know very little about this race's technology in canon, besides knowing very little about it in general. Has anybody ever wondered about how this teleportation method worked? It didn't help that the episode only showed Jack and Maybourne going into an active teleportation field, then coming of nowhere (was there actually to have been a flash of light that deposited them on that moon?). Anyways, I'm curious if anybody has thought up the physics and technology principles that the arch might work by.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Well, no flash was observed as far as I remember, it may operate through subspace.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

There was a flash of light around them as they arrived on the moon.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

it's probably similar to Goa'uld rings, except for the part with the rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
          Well, no flash was observed as far as I remember, it may operate through subspace.
          good point
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
            There was a flash of light around them as they arrived on the moon.
            must've not noticed it lol

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            it's probably similar to Goa'uld rings, except for the part with the rings.
            which were also Ancient rings :-) so perhaps this Arch is more advanced then

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
              which were also Ancient rings :-) so perhaps this Arch is more advanced then
              depends on the practical application of rings in daily ancient lives.

it's similar to the lifts in atlantis, it's just a slightly different implementation. The arch doesn't seem to be an awful lot more advanced than that.

Comment

But none of the other ring tech required a key to operate it. Just a code input into the controlling terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  But none of the other ring tech required a key to operate it. Just a code input into the controlling terminal.
                  they put a lock on their door to ensure only the ones with an invite would get in.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    depends on the practical application of rings in daily ancient lives.

it's similar to the lifts in atlantis, it's just a slightly different implementation. The arch doesn't seem to be an awful lot more advanced than that.
                    true

perhaps not

I wish they'd had Sam explain how she thought it worked

Comment

It would have been nice if we had a follow on ep, say in S9 or 10, where they went back to explore that arch/the planet beyond.

Comment

Working...
                      X