Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something I keep wondering.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I keep wondering.................

keep wondering this in light of the game and what happens in the game.

I get that some bad seeds got on the Votan arks like hmm Datak and his dodgy as hell wife Stahma who I love...

But why would anyone want to bring with them the Volge and things like Dark Matter? I thought they were escaping and wanted to flee for a better world? Obviously some of them felt the need to "be prepared" and to me that doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the Votans were not totally honest about their intentions and finding Earth. Then there's that ship which was possibly here doing recon 3000 years ago.

Back then wasn't China a big civilization?

Just playing the game and the missions I get the feeling our friendly aliens were less then honest.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

From my research (hours of wiki work) most of what has been told to us is only partly truth.

We know that the Arks were destroyed by someone, the major theory is that a group on the Arks destroyed them so Votans would have no choice but to stay and fight for Earth. I for one think that it was the same people who were after the Kaziri, they either wanted to force the Votans to need to fight harder in order to win or they wanted the war to end quickly.

I also think that the Volge were invited to come along to be used as a weapon, particularly the warmaster. And they released the Volge when the EMC began to lose the war in order to finish them off. Based on the fact that the Volge are seen with their own hibernation chambers (and the warmaster containment chamber) and the fact that the Volge weren't squeezed into the walls but rather in a VERY large chamber on the Arks shows us that the builders may have been the ones to bring them aboard.

As for Dark Matter, well I think they really came into their own on Earth. I don't think they existed beforehand. Their major goal was to eradicate humans and that would have been tough to do when they did not know that humans existed.

And the Kaziri, well we know that the Indogene have been looking for it for 3000 years but didn't arrive on Earth until 1811. They thought Earth was uninhabited because they could detect no signs of life from across the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      From my research (hours of wiki work) most of what has been told to us is only partly truth.

We know that the Arks were destroyed by someone, the major theory is that a group on the Arks destroyed them so Votans would have no choice but to stay and fight for Earth. I for one think that it was the same people who were after the Kaziri, they either wanted to force the Votans to need to fight harder in order to win or they wanted the war to end quickly.

I also think that the Volge were invited to come along to be used as a weapon, particularly the warmaster. And they released the Volge when the EMC began to lose the war in order to finish them off. Based on the fact that the Volge are seen with their own hibernation chambers (and the warmaster containment chamber) and the fact that the Volge weren't squeezed into the walls but rather in a VERY large chamber on the Arks shows us that the builders may have been the ones to bring them aboard.

As for Dark Matter, well I think they really came into their own on Earth. I don't think they existed beforehand. Their major goal was to eradicate humans and that would have been tough to do when they did not know that humans existed.

And the Kaziri, well we know that the Indogene have been looking for it for 3000 years but didn't arrive on Earth until 1811. They thought Earth was uninhabited because they could detect no signs of life from across the galaxy.

Yes but 1811 isn't that old........ Once they landed they'd have seen people and towns, and stuff. And they had no way to communicate with the Votans back home, I don't buy that.

I hope season 2 answers some of these nagging questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Yes but 1811 isn't that old........ Once they landed they'd have seen people and towns, and stuff. And they had no way to communicate with the Votans back home, I don't buy that.

I hope season 2 answers some of these nagging questions.
        Well from what we've been told, there was no one aboard the Kaziri.

Comment

Well from what we've been told, there was no one aboard the Kaziri.

An empty ship? Why send it?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            An empty ship? Why send it?
            Its a weapon they sent ahead, just in case.

Comment

Its a weapon they sent ahead, just in case.
              That's pretty damn dishonest

Comment

The Votans have shown themselves to be dishonest many times.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

How so? They didn't start the pale wars did they?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I'd say its more like a few Votans, such as the rogue Indogene group or Dark Matter, than all Votans.

Comment

Working...
                    X