First Star Wars spin-off film -- Dec 16 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Star Wars spin-off film -- Dec 16 2016

Screenplay to be written Gary Whitta (Book of Eli, After Earth), and to be directed by Gareth Edwards (Monsters, Godzilla). Release date is slotted for December 16 2016 (a year after Episode VII).

http://starwars.com/news/gareth-edwa...lone-film.html
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

So....Book of Eli was terrible (IMO), and from what I hear After Earth was crappy too.

But on the other hand, apparently Whitta also wrote the Walking Dead (Telltale game) DLC "400 Days" as well as the first episode of the game's second season.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think I need to know who and what it'll focus on before I start caring one way or the other.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

You did not like Book of Eli Digi?
        I'll say it was more of an actiony flick with a buried message and the depth of your average puddle, but I dunno if I would say it was "bad" per se. I'm more PO'ed about the seeming NEED to make everything an action flick, even if the source is not that "actiony".
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          You did not like Book of Eli Digi?
          I'll say it was more of an actiony flick with a buried message and the depth of your average puddle, but I dunno if I would say it was "bad" per se. I'm more PO'ed about the seeming NEED to make everything an action flick, even if the source is not that "actiony".
          I did not care for it, no. I thought it was just...a real mess of a movie. Its story just plodded along without the benefit of either some humanizing factor (like The Road, to draw a post-apocalyptic movie parallel), or at the very least some action to break up the monotony. I thought the acting--even Gary Oldman, whom I usually love--was roundly horrendous.

Plot-wise, I thought it was largely absurd. A blind guy who's ridiculously good at self-defense and tracking and such? Come on. Worse: he's guided by voices in his head. I know that's supposed to be some Jeanne d'Arc parallel, but in practice it's just some crazy possibly schizophrenic guy. Worse still is that his whole mission is to save the Bible--which we're told right in the movie's own dialogue that humanity collectively decided 'nah, we don't need this s--t anymore'--but a delusional guy thinks it's the key to saving humankind? Sod off! This absurdity is magnified in the extreme by the nonsense that he somehow had the whole thing memorized. Have you ever actually read the thing? It's gargantuan, and chapters upon chapters are just filled with 'person a begat person b, and person b begat person c, and person c begat...' And somehow he recites the entire contents of this tome from memory while bleeding to death from a gunshot wound

So....in short, you might say that I didn't like it, yeah

Comment

Monsters was rubbish as well. But, you never know, this could be good
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X