If you were writing Twin Destinies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were writing Twin Destinies?

i was upset that Rush jumped to the worst case, i thought it was very un-Rush-like, and i was honestly disappointed.
    If i were to have written it, i would have done the following:
    the first time line does the same
    1st Rush give a warning to the 2nd Destiny, but, with 12 hours to think about things, i would think that Rush would have taken a few supplies with him, and told 2Destiny that there was more, but that they weren't going for the "more". 2Destiny would attempt the dial again, for the following reasons. Destiny originally gets a lock, and Telford walks toward the gate saying, wait three seconds then follow. The amount of time that he used saying that was wasted time that it took for people to get through.
    If i were 1Rush, i wouldn't say anything about the power surge.....i wouldn't say anything about not everyone having made it.......i would have found a way to claim that there was the initial time to go through, and then claim something else about after the power surge, so that the people still go through.
    say, groups of 10 maybe.
    1Rush and 2Rush work together to get people through the gate before the power surge. take note of who goes through the gate the second time around, not Telford, otherwise things would get confusing. essentially, you keep going back in time until you have gotten everyone through the gate.
    for arguments sake, let us say this is 6 times. now you have 6 Destinies worth of supplies, and if you load the shuttles up immediately upon the gate shutting down, and gather all the tech, then when you stop doing the time travel, you have a Destiny that is fixed, maybe even two, as, i would have written in a concept that when Destiny is thrown into the past, what actually happened was that it threw an entire bubbled area into the past, some star matter as well, (so i would have to then explain why the star isn't blowing up and something else), or maybe this would be the reason that they can only do it so many times, but none the less, caught within this bubble, the second time, would be atleast part of the first Destiny, so they can still get more of the supplies that 1Rush couldn't get. 1Rush and 2Rush get the entire crew through the gate again, some members before the destabilization, some after, then back in time again, and on to 3Destiny, and 1Rush 2Rush and 3Rush do the same thing, getting even more supplies, more robots, and more communication stones, and even more shuttles. Finally, with 6 Rushs, no one goes through, they focus on the additional supplies of the other Destinies, and then confirm the following: that just as 1Telford turned out to make it, all of the wormholes connected to the same time, and thus, despite the fact that it took several runs, everyone aboard Destiny piles out of the gate on earth.......and what happens to those who all the Rushs sent through after the power surge? acceptable loses for the purpose of getting everyone to have a body double back on earth:
    DE means "the Destiny Eli"
    EE means "the earth Eli"
    DE can work for 8 hours, while EE is spending time with mom.......then EE can go to work and switch with DE for 8 hours, then they can switch back to go to sleep, as well as everyone with a body double
    this could be true for everyone.......and to boot, you know have 6 Rushs on board, and atleast one Destiny with all the tech needed to get Destiny back to peak performance, possibly 2 Destinies, hence, twin Destinies, and you now have lots of scrap metal to REALLY begin repairs of the ship.

how would you written it?

Toying with time is not something that the crew and/or Rush would consider. Besides, it'd still be killing off a ton of alternate crews.
    I would've had the other Rush or Telford survive, but that's the only change I would've done.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

i don't think that Rush has limits as to what he would sacrifice for the mission
      not to mention, i don't that Rush wouldn't mess with the time line....after all, "for a second there, i thought we were in trouble"
      Rush PURPOSEFULLY effected the time line for the sake of the crew
      and here, in this case, for the sake of the crew, for the sake of their morale, being able to go home, and yet, while on Destiny, they still don't have to worry? I bet Rush would do just that. And where you see sacrifice, i see opportunity and the lucky few, because, in the end, the only time line that matters, is the one that moves forward that i am in. If i am not in this or that time line, i don't care about it. After all, do you care about all the alternate time lines that you exsist in?
      Rush has it in him to sacrifice some members for the sake of the mission......and here, he isn't sacrificing really, he is saving some from an alternate time line for the sake of morale of the Destiny crew that he is going to continue forward with

Comment

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
        i don't think that Rush has limits as to what he would sacrifice for the mission
        not to mention, i don't that Rush wouldn't mess with the time line....after all, "for a second there, i thought we were in trouble"
        Rush PURPOSEFULLY effected the time line for the sake of the crew
        and here, in this case, for the sake of the crew, for the sake of their morale, being able to go home, and yet, while on Destiny, they still don't have to worry? I bet Rush would do just that. And where you see sacrifice, i see opportunity and the lucky few, because, in the end, the only time line that matters, is the one that moves forward that i am in. If i am not in this or that time line, i don't care about it. After all, do you care about all the alternate time lines that you exsist in?
        Rush has it in him to sacrifice some members for the sake of the mission......and here, he isn't sacrificing really, he is saving some from an alternate time line for the sake of morale of the Destiny crew that he is going to continue forward with
        Well if I HAD an alternate timeline I existed in, then yes I would care a little. In that alternate timeline are billions upon billions upon billions of lives.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          Well if I HAD an alternate timeline I existed in, then yes I would care a little. In that alternate timeline are billions upon billions upon billions of lives.
          i don't know if this is correct, but this is how it was taught to me
          "hundreds upon thousands" means that the number is atleast 200,000....i.e. hundreds in the thousands
          so to say billions upon billions would be similar as atleast
          200,000,000,000,000,000......and as you referenced only one alternate time line ie "in THAT alternate timeline" there are only 7,500,000,000 people on earth......are you referencing also possible alien life, or including animals??

Comment

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
            i don't know if this is correct, but this is how it was taught to me
            "hundreds upon thousands" means that the number is atleast 200,000....i.e. hundreds in the thousands
            so to say billions upon billions would be similar as atleast
            200,000,000,000,000,000......and as you referenced only one alternate time line ie "in THAT alternate timeline" there are only 7,500,000,000 people on earth......are you referencing also possible alien life, or including animals??
            I mean the whole universe. All life will change again and again. And don't tell me the aliens' wouldn't because Earth is now in contact with them.
            Could you take that kind of responsibility? Who has the right to decide what is the "best" timeline?

Comment

I liked Twin Destinies. It was easily one of the best (if not the best) episodes of SGU. I wouldn't change anything, except I would make a sequel to the episode in S03 (if the show would be renewed). The sequel (probably a few multi-parters trough the future seasons) would go like this:

Our Destiny's crew encounters a version of themselves from an alternate timeline, where the ship was fully fixed, but the crew was still unable to go home, because their Earth was destroyed either by the Ursini or the Blue Aliens. Our Rush goes to the Alternate Destiny and encounters an alternate version of himself, along with alternate versions of his crew. It is revealed that the Alternate Destiny never intended to complete its mission (the background radiation thing), but to re-shape the whole universe. The episode would end with the Alternate crew going back to our Earth, while our crew from our Destiny uses its lasers and destroys the Alternate Destiny (but not before our crew retrieves a lot of important supplies). The S03 finale would show our crew somehow going to the same alternate reality the other Destiny came from, but just in time to save the Alternate Earth and settle there... presumably for the remaining of their lives. S04 would feature the Alternate Earth going public with the Stargate program, which would end up re-shaping the World for the worse and our Young somehow sending a message to alternate himself in our reality in which he clearly states: "DON'T GO PUBLIC" right before SGC is about to go public with the program. O'Neill witnesses this and after a careful investigation, it is decided to keep the Stargate program in secrecy. S05 showcases the previously unseen parts of now fully fixed and fully operational Destiny and the crews switching back - our crew back to our reality and the alternate crew back to theirs, but not before reaching a deal not to reveal any details about the switchover and the switchback.
              The series ends with Rush and Eli finally revealing that the whole background radiation thing was just a hoax, made by a whole new race - the Anti-Ancients (the Antients for short). Destiny is revealed not to be an Ancient ship, but a ship of a group that turned against the Ancients. In the last scene of the series, Rush gets a message from alternate himself that reads: "It worked". The screen goes black.

Comment

Working...
              X