• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Minute (313)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON THREE
    LAST MINUTE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313
    To stop a power-hungry Alec, Kiera and Brad join forces with Liber8 on the eve of the Halo roll-out. The two Alecs come face-to-face in a brawl that will determine both their fates.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 July 2014, 10:30 PM.

Holy mother of god I hope this is renewed....

Kellog is a ******

I wonder whether these events are what leads to Ryan Robbins character's future, rather than anything Alec would have done... Also I thought he said the beacon would, to steal a Who phrase, timelock the events?, rather than what appears to be happening.

Comment

I want more of this! If this isn't renewed for a fourth season then....................aaaarghhh!

I need to find out what kind of future invades our present! Awesome ending, it really doesn't look good.

This season has been a joy to watch with how everyone tries to create a future they believe should happen. Of course, the more you manipulate events to push history in the direction you want Time will always do its own thing!

Kellogg is such a wonderfully smooth villain, one minute he's the saviour the next he's double crossing everyone. He's so charming no one can really see the snake below that seemingly sympathetic guise. He's a villain I believe will have an interesting comeuppance.

You just know that time machine that was left vandalised in the Freelancers' abandoned base will be repaired and goodness knows who will arrive in that to add to the confusion!

So it's all set up for another round of 'shape your future' roulette!

Showcase had better renew this show!

Comment

Now that was one fraking cliffhanger! I hate Kellogg but loved his move against Alec. It should get renewed. Showcase produces some awesome shows and a show like this can survive on that channel.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Holy plot recap, Batman!

So we start with Brad who apparently volunteered to go back in time, expecting not to actually be chosen. Sucks to be him, I guess. Cut to the present where he's getting quite friendly with Kiera, who's getting quite friendly with the idea of making a better future than the one from which she came. Things are changing!

Evil-Alec arranges an attack on Alec and Emily with what looks like some kind of automatic energy weapon. Somehow the massive criminal damage to their room is overlooked on account of the fact that he was trying to kill them. Come on, Evil-Alec, that's just sloppy. You can do better than that.

Speaking of Evil-Alec, he's getting ready for his big keynote about HALO, complete with advice from Kellogg. Kellogg goes to Carlos for extra security, reminding him of all the sweet sweet money Piron pours into the department.

Kiera, Alec, Emily, Jason and Brad meet in the Batcave (Sadtech HQ) to talk about preventing Evil-Alec's machinations and Brad's future. Apparently Evil-Alec has rebuilt the antimatter lab and has the time-travel device minus one segment. Surprise, there's another guest there and it's Travis. They're working with Liber8! They go make nice with Garza and Lucas ("Whatever this is, I am in!") before bring them back to the Batcave (I can't resist that joke) for a much-awaited speech from Kiera about how she's awake now. She still doesn't like how they go about their business, but they have a common goal.

Evil-Alec goes on Diana Bolton's show where he has to answer questions about his brief stint working in an electronics store. Awkward! About his new career, he declares "I dream for a living Diana".

Back in the Batcave (comedic rule of three) Kiera finds Garza's weapon assembling "deeply, deeply unsettling to watch" before Brad tells her about the mystery device he brought back with him. Apparently it's a beacon that marks a point in a time as crucial. It allows that moment to be influenced, while somehow preventing others from doing the same. He has to activate the beacon after their plan. If they've succeeded, his future will be gone and nothing will happen.

Garza sneaks into Evil-Alec's keynote disguised as a man and hiding a gun in what appears to be catering supplies. Meanwhile Kiera's going all invisible woman and hiding in an elevator. Evil-Alec gets into his presentation which is quickly hijacked by Travis's propaganda. Evil-Alec get's back in control of the presentation but Garza shoots at him, missing. There's no way that was accidental. Security ushers him to the elevator, where they all get gassed. Emily gets arrested at the keynote in the panic, while Carlos rescues Alec and his security who are waking up from the gas now, and sends them back to Piron. That's right, it's Alec. Kiera has Evil-Alec, and Carlos is in on it.

Alec connects a device to the servers to allow Lucas to access HALO, but his assistant is suspicious. He can't find the time-travel device, so he trashes the anti matter lab. Evil-Alec is rescued from Carlos by his security detail, apparently he has a tracking chip in his arm. Alec finds the time-travel device along with the improvised replacement for the missing segment, but Evil-Alec arrives and they fight. The fight leads up to the roof, while Kiera, Travis and Garza arrive and beat up security. Evil-Alec tells Alec about how he'll never let Alec and Emily be together. He's really gone psycho. The fight escalates and Evil-Alec tries to strangle Alec, but Alec stabs Evil-Alec in the neck with a segment from the time-travel device. Kiera arrives and she and Alec make amends after her having him locked up earlier in the season.

They dispose of Evil-Alec's body, transferring his chip into Alec. Kiera narrowly misses a Batman reference, while Liber8 are getting set up at the Freelancer time machine. What are they up to?

Alec tries to have Kellogg thrown out of Piron but he's had Evil-Alec sign documents transferring power to him. Kellogg runs Piron now! He gives Alec a nice severance package, and invites him to work for him in the future.

Brad and Kiera activate the Beacon. At first they think nothing has happened, then all the city lights go out. Curtis is with the Traveler, who declares "It has begun". Back at the Beacon, several of what appear to be heavily armed robots arrive from the future, and Brad says to run.

I figure these are robots designed to find and destroy all time-travellers, to prevent further changes to the timeline. Whatever they are, the next season is certainly going to be interesting.
          Last edited by Britta; 02 July 2014, 07:07 AM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I just watched it on netflix a few days ago (well the whole season), omg! I really hope this gets renewed especially since it ended in a cliffhanger.
            sigpic

Comment

Finally finished!!! Love this show. I'm so glad to hear season 4 is coming, even a short season is so much better than being left a big cliff hanger. Wonder when we'll see it....

Comment

It's turned up on the Creative BC Film List, they start filming in March so I'm guessing we'll probably get to see it in the fall at the earliest.

Comment

Holy bleep..

1. I'm sorry for Piron-Alec to be honest...I believe he honestly had the best of intentions with Halo but...well...going after his other self crossed a pretty serious line.

2. Still...Kiera teaming up with Liber8...never did I ever think I would see that happen.

3. Can't believe Kiera gave up her family for this though.

4. Problem is...now the threat seems to come from Kellogg and Brad's timeline!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    Holy bleep..

1. I'm sorry for Piron-Alec to be honest...I believe he honestly had the best of intentions with Halo but...well...going after his other self crossed a pretty serious line.

2. Still...Kiera teaming up with Liber8...never did I ever think I would see that happen.

3. Can't believe Kiera gave up her family for this though.

4. Problem is...now the threat seems to come from Kellogg and Brad's timeline!
                    Kiera's changing sides was inevitable, given that a key aspect of her character development over the course of the series has been the slow realization that the corporate police state which she comes from is evil. She arrived in our present day never having been exposed to a free society (well, semi-free, anyway, but that discussion belongs in the politics thread ) to compare her police state to.

Comment

I dunno...I just couldn't switch sides to the extent she has for better or worse...writing off 30-odd years of her life like that...I...wouldn't be able to cope with that sort of shift...
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                        I dunno...I just couldn't switch sides to the extent she has for better or worse...writing off 30-odd years of her life like that...I...wouldn't be able to cope with that sort of shift...
                        Wouldn't that depend upon which way you are going? I would definitely not want to switch from a free society to a police state, but I might certainly want to go from a police state to a free society.

But from Kiera's point of view, she has awakened to the fact that all she has been taught is a fabrication of the evil police state she grew up in, for the benefit of that state.

That is at least as big of a mental shifting of gears as switching sides is.

If I were Kiera, knowing that she may never be able to return to the future she left, and the choice was going to a free society and returning to the police state she grew up in, taking the rest of society along for the ride with me, I wouldn't have much trouble picking the free society.

Comment

That would help certainly...but you'd still have a lot of what they call cognitive dissonance and besides...what if she could have found a way to get back home? She's never been a black and white character.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Oh, no doubt, it's would be a tough mental adjustment for her, but I think she could adjust.

If I recall, they didn't leave any option that would clearly return to her original status/time, did they?

Comment

Working...
                            X