• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dying Minutes (312)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON THREE
    THE DYING MINUTES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 312
    Kiera and Brad go on the offensive against the Freelancers in order to rescue Alec. Carlos confronts Dillon about his relationship with Piron, and Sonya attempts to sabotage the Halo technology.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 24 June 2014, 10:09 PM.

A lot happened in this episode. Big post incoming but I like going through what happened. It helps me recap before the next episode. Also, this episode was called The Dying Minutes. I guess they must have changed it since this thread was created.

Curtis was dead for months before being revived, that's interesting. Apparently he was "merged" with the time-traveller who founded the Freelancers. I suspect his revival was against whatever rules the Freelancers follow. ("Is that not a violation?")
    He now seems to be working for this mystery traveller (or whatever he believes to be in this time-travellers interests), claiming that Catherine isn't his disciple, but rather his jailer.

The Freelancers have finally decided to pressure (or lack thereof) Red-Alec into revealing the location of the time travel device by evacuating the air from his cell. He, quite understandably, doesn't take too kindly to that and stabs one of the Freelancers. I cheered, but the aforementioned Freelancer was less than impressed. At least Alec was still in the mood to snark at them.

Kiera tells Catherine that she locked up the wrong Alec. Catherine says that their job isn't to pass judgement, but to protect the timeline. This is ignoring the damage done by Green-Alec accelerating technological development. Kiera offers to trade Brad for the opportunity to swap the Alecs.

Alec calls Dillon to get the time travel device out of evidence lockup. Dillon reassembles the device, leading the Freelancers toward him. Carlos manages to discreetly break apart the device while driving with Dillon, escaping the Freelancers' attention. Carlos and Dillon get a nice chat about the morality of law enforcement getting into bed with big corporations. Dillon claims he's using the rich to protect his city. We later find out that he wants to use Halo for crowd control by pacifying angry crowds with bursts of endorphins.

Sonya tells Julian all about how Halo is the beginning of the end while injecting something into her arm. Julian brings her some information and security cards for Piron. They're going to use a plant a virus in Halo so that it floods the wearer with fear. Lucas tests it on Sonya, who is promptly scared out of her mind. "You still wanna wear that thing?"

Sonya goes to Piron and plants the virus, and on the way out tells Julian that they're time-travellers. She tells him about how many people he kills, but claims that things have already changed and he may find a non-violent means of change. She gets arrested by Carlos on the way out. Dillon tries to get him to shoot her, even though she's surrendered.

Dillon interrogates Sonya. It looks like he's going to have her transferred to some Guantanamo-esque facility before she reveals several lumps on each wrist.

"You're in no position to judge."
    "I'm in the best position. I find you guilty."

Apparently she was injecting some sort of explosive, because when she bangs her arms together there's a big explosion. Holy carp, Sonya's dead! Looks like Dillon survived, though badly injured. Poor Travis, he thought they were going go into hiding up north and live a quiet life.

Meanwhile Kiera and Brad break Red-Alec out of Freelancer custody, killing several Freelancers in the process including the one who tried to stop Jason activating the time-travel device in the future. We got to see him use some cool force field to block bullets though. Brad retrieves his mystery device. Kiera tells Catherine that she doesn't share her beliefs, and they leave. Curtis then appears and kills Catherine quite gruesomely, before going to visit this mystery time-traveller who revived him. Red-Alec is understandably angry at Kiera, who tells him how he's messed everything up for her in every time she's been in, but he's reunited with Emily in a cabin up north.

Kellog shows Green-Alec a picture of Kiera and Red-Alec together, showing that she's changed her mind. He is not pleased.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

This was a good episode, as you said so much going on.

Everyone at it to try and make a future they believe should happen and messing things up even more!
      I'm intrigued about the 'Traveler'; I reckon its Kagame, I've always thought he managed to escape through time just before the explosion that supposedly killed him in present day Vancouver. It will be an interesting revelation for sure.

Rather than thinking about how convoluted the various timeline threads are getting I'm just enjoying the ways each party with an interest in the future are manipulating events to suit their agendas. I'll be interested to get a glimpse of the future that has been created with all the recent events that have unfolded over the last few weeks.

Nice to see that Kiera and co escaped to 'Jack's' cabin. Seeing that always brings back the good old memories of SG-1.

With the upcoming season finale I'm really hoping that Showcase renews this show and gives us a cracking fourth season! This show really deserves it and leaving it on a cliff hanger would be such a shame!

Comment

Do you think there will be time travel in the finale?
        Who will travel?
        Will they go back or forward?
        If they go back, will the two latest episodes be 'altered' like they did in this season?

I don't think the Traveller is Kagame. I saw a closeup of the Travellers hand, and it looked like Kiera's hand (or at least a female hand)

Comment

Hmmmm...

1. Should have guessed Sonya was going to stay in the game but...holy crap!

2. Thought Kiera was going to genuinely throw Brad to the Freelancer wolves at one point...seemingly not though.

3. Freelancers are in a no-win situation though.

4. So what's the gameplan with Piron-Alec?
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
          X