• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Minutes To Midnight (311)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON THREE
    3 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 311
    Kiera and Carlos investigate Alec’s Halo device when it becomes evident that it is causing Jason’s erratic behavior, leading them to a cover-up that involves the Police Department. Meanwhile Kiera’s new friend continues to regain memories of his identity, leading them to a confrontation with Liber8.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 June 2014, 09:34 PM.

Great episode! I really enjoyed it and think RyRo is a great addition to the cast. I hope he won't be killed off anytime soon. Kiera needs someone who understands her (and so does he), so at the very least they could be/become good friends and perhaps even more, since it looks like neither of them will get back to their families.

However, I must say I'm wondering about how credible Liber8 giving up is... on one hand, I can understand that they're tired, unsure of what their mission is and how/if they could possibly change the future, but on the other hand I think maybe they're taking everyone at their word a little too soon. I mean, these people all have their own agenda and they've all been caught in a lie at least once, but now all of a sudden they're trustworthy?

I'm looking forward to seeing what direction they're going now. Looks like the show itself will focus more on Alec/Piron and Dillon, but I doubt we've seen the last of them.

Also, considering how disappointed they all were, I'm assuming they planned on going back to the future once they felt like they had accomplished what they'd set out to do. Does anyone know if this subject has come up before? I can't remember.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Personally the only way I can see this going is Libre 8 and Kiera teaming up. Eventually, Kiera already seem to have given up ever getting back to her family, an Libre 8 at least for now has stopped their war on the corporation's.

I don't see how Dilon can stay any longer, they now have direct proof of corruption and however many friends Dillon got, he needs to be brought down.

I hope we get a hint of what future Alex Sandler plan was by the end of the next episode.

Comment

So Brad is from a darker timeline after all, one in which Kellogg is a clan leader. He wasn't intending to kill Kiera. It's hard to keep track of Kiera and Alec when you don't know there are two of each. Apparently her CMR was knocked out after Curtis shot at her, so that conundrum is explained.

The CMR problem isn't limited to Jason. 6% of the beta testers have been going wonko and Dillon's been helping to sweep it under the rug. He has to protect his dystopian vision of a system to detect aberrant behaviour. Alec hacked Kiera's CMR to cover up his deceit. Alec and Dillon really belong together. Preferably in a dark hole.

Brad and Kiera got to dispense some advice to Brad's younger self before Liber8 decided they weren't getting enough attention, and crashed the party. Nice Wile E. Coyote reference, apparently Lucas is more in touch with modern pop-culture than his fellow time travellers. Kiera got a nail through her foot, then had to pull it through her foot. Ouch! She got to hold Sonya at gunpoint again, reliving the good times.

Liber8 got to see the consequences of their actions, and that they were pawns of others all along. Curtis got a dramatic entrance ("It gets better!"). I'm surprised Liber8 had the brains to accept defeat so quickly. I wonder where we're going to go with Liber8 giving up, but the writers have been good about adding more dimensions to the story.

Curtis and Travis got to sum up Liber8's surrender pretty well though.

"Our mission concept is flawed."
        "A soldier knows when the battle is lost."

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Does anyone, from any future, from any timeline, still have an intact & functioning plan? Is anyone still "in control," or even vaguely influencing events according to their original purpose when they sent agents back in time?

Comment

During the last part of the Mexicansk standoff, I kept thinking that there was one sure way of changing the timeline: killing Kellogg. If he's in your future, and you kill him, your future will change.

However I think they're all starting to understand that changing the future in a certain direction is harder than they think.

Comment

Originally posted by rolfbjarne View Post
              During the last part of the Mexicansk standoff, I kept thinking that there was one sure way of changing the timeline: killing Kellogg. If he's in your future, and you kill him, your future will change.

However I think they're all starting to understand that changing the future in a certain direction is harder than they think.
              But he was in Brad's (that's his name, right?) future and Brad left, so wouldn't that future have already changed since Brad isn't there anymore? Also, who's to say 'our' Kellogg was the future's Kellogg? Maybe another one will arrive from a different timeline, like Kiera (and Alec) did...

However, that doesn't mean I don't agree with you. One thing that wasn't entirely clear to me, though, was if Kellogg was actually responsible for that future or if he was sort of like a good guy there... so, killing him could make things even worse.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                However, that doesn't mean I don't agree with you. One thing that wasn't entirely clear to me, though, was if Kellogg was actually responsible for that future or if he was sort of like a good guy there... so, killing him could make things even worse.
                I would have a hard time believing that Kellog is a good guy. He's been deemed to be a social-path. He does what ever it takes to get ahead, to be the boss, to be the center of attention. He has no moral compass so to speak. In Brad's future, if he's leading a resistance, he's the man in charge and will probably do whatever it takes to win, to get ahead; even if it means leading a resistance.

Kellogg is charming and can convince people that don't know him of just about anything, so Brad wouldn't necessarily know this side of Kellogg, at least, not yet.

If anything, I see Kellogg as being the man responsible for Brad's future. He started it all by killing Alec's father and putting Alec on the path that he's on which has opened up the door for technology to be used before it's time.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

WTF...?

1. OK...we now know who mystery man is at least but that's the only thing I am certain about.

2. What is anyone's gameplan at this point? The potential consequences of Liber8's initial plan has been explained to them and they don't like it one bit. Kiera...well...I was already confused as to what she wants to achieve in the 2010s now. Brad's also a long way from home.

3. I still have some sympathy for Alec here...and some for Dillon, who seems more misguided than evil.

Still, it is increasingly hard to work out who to root for.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    What is anyone's gameplan at this point? The potential consequences of Liber8's initial plan has been explained to them and they don't like it one bit. Kiera...well...I was already confused as to what she wants to achieve in the 2010s now. Brad's also a long way from home.
                    Is this the episode when Kiera describes consequences to all the parties? I had a the same response. We can confidently say a few things about Kiera. She has given up on returning to her original, untouched future. She's liberated (liber8ed) to focus on how to craft a better future for everyone. Kiera, at this moment, is the least confused of all the time travelers.

note: my memory is hazy. I could be thinking of a different episode.

Comment

Even more importantly, Kiera doesn't want to return to "her" future anymore. She has realized how evil the police state she was raised in actually was.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                        If anything, I see Kellogg as being the man responsible for Brad's future. He started it all by killing Alec's father and putting Alec on the path that he's on which has opened up the door for technology to be used before it's time.
                        I thought Emily killed Alec's father.

Comment

She did, but only under blackmail by Kellogg.

Great ep! Felt it must have been a season finale, but no - that's still to come!
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                          X