• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minute of Silence (309)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON THREE
    MINUTE OF SILENCE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 309
    Kiera finds herself charged with the care of an amnesiac who can remember nothing but her name. Meanwhile Kiera and Carlos search for a gang of high-tech thieves who have stolen advanced camouflage technology, and Alec faces mounting problems in completing his Halo system.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 June 2014, 08:41 PM.

I didn't recognise Ryan Robbins at first with the beard. He is a nice addition to the story, another traveller from the future adding to the convoluted twists of this show. Another fugitive from the dismal future we are getting glimpses of where the corporations are 'Big Brother' and no one can be really 'human' any more by not being allowed to have any mementos of the past. That is an interesting aspect of life in the future, denying the past that we are watching unfold in our present which shaped that future!

Loved the stunt work with the 'parkour' kid climbing up and jumping in between Vancouver's buildings, certainly added more fun to the usual chase the criminal scenes!

It was.........

Spoiler:
    ........really shocking to watch Alec drill into the back of the dead Kiera's head that Carlos hid in that freezer. I wasn't sure what was on his fingers, was he taking out her 'chip' to backward engineer the technology or was it blood on his fingers indicating that she was being repaired by the 'nanites' she carried that was mentioned that the military had inside them and that she could be still alive in some way?!

Has anyone watched any of the extras they put online on the Showcase website? It was interesting listening to how this episode was re-shot in parts as they changed the ideas of which storyline they wanted to be the major one from what it was originally.

Comment

I was also confused about the ending and what Alec looked so surprised/amazed (or whatever, it's difficult to tell) at. It was kind of freaky how calm and confident he was, too. I would have expected at least some hesitation or remorse, but no.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hmmm...

1. Of all the things for RyRo's char to remember...some CPS officer?

2. Piron-Alec is certainly becoming a bit of a bleep!

3. How the hell are those suits becoming so easilly available?
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
          Hmmm...

1. Of all the things for RyRo's char to remember...some CPS officer?

2. Piron-Alec is certainly becoming a bit of a bleep!

3. How the hell are those suits becoming so easilly available?
          The thief didn't have a suit, that was recently developed material that affords invisibility. They refer to it as "just went commercial" in the episode. But it's not a suit.

Comment

Wow, and, ick! OMG! Can't believe he did that! And so calmly and confidently! I hadn't thought about the nanos that Kiera mentioned earlier... Interesting idea.

Cloaking tech is advancing... though not quite like seen in the show:
            http://futuristicnews.com/how-close-...ibility-cloak/

More and more I ask the question - could you give up your own child, for the sake of a better future... Tough call, that I get the feeling Kiera will have to make...
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Working...
            X