X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the solar flare and Telford

i hope there people left around here, trying to keep stargate alive....lol

but i have a thought that i would like to shoot around

The crew went back in time, the destiny went back in time, did anyone think about Telford going back in time as well?

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
    i hope there people left around here, trying to keep stargate alive....lol

but i have a thought that i would like to shoot around

The crew went back in time, the destiny went back in time, did anyone think about Telford going back in time as well?
    Erm... Telford did go back in time. Hence why there is one that made it back to Earth while Rush killed the other one.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

good, atleast some people are thinking. i actually came across a few people who thought he didn't, since it was "seemingly" before the solar flare

Comment

good, atleast some people are thinking. i actually came across a few people who thought he didn't, since it was "seemingly" before the solar flare
        It was before Destiny traveled through the solar flare (however that was supposed to work anyways) but it can be presumed that the wormhole intersected with the flare before Destiny did.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          It was before Destiny traveled through the solar flare (however that was supposed to work anyways) but it can be presumed that the wormhole intersected with the flare before Destiny did.
          There is another explanation. that there were actually 2 solar flares that hit.....after all, Eli did have to fight to get the connection to be stable in the first place. The first time Destiny was connected to, it didn't need to be stablized. There is no reason that Eli should have had to try to stablize it

Comment

Possible. It was never particularly clarified in the show.

Comment

solar flares are usually preceded by extreme turbulence, intense magnetic fields etc at the sun and possibly thousands of miles below the surface.

So it might be the sun's activity in the first place and then the solar flare itself hit for the rest of the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                solar flares are usually preceded by extreme turbulence, intense magnetic fields etc at the sun and possibly thousands of miles below the surface.

So it might be the sun's activity in the first place and then the solar flare itself hit for the rest of the fun.
                the activity below the surface, i don't think, accounts for everything
                the wormhole is established
                Eli stablizes the gate
                Telford goes through
                Eli stablizes again
                everyone piles through
                Destiny is disabled

Telford himself is thrown into the past....stargate does not yet deal with the following question (atleast not that i know of):
                where the solar flares hits, in connection with where the travelers are in the stargate. The solar flare should NOT effect anything that has already past it.......Destiny being point D, earth point E, and F being where the flare hits while T is Telford
                D----F------T------E
                the only thing that should be effected time wise is the wormhole part between Destiny and the solar flare
                the wormhole gets hit, and the solar flare essentially, derails the D------E connection causing the D----- to jump to a different time, while the -------E, stargate had not yet addressed. Maybe this is the first episode to directly address it, or maybe, because of Eli having to stabalize it in the first place, there was a solar flare before, one that hit right as Destiny activated a wormhole.
                point O simply meaning that the wormhole is open ended, that it is no longer connected to another stargate

:-------------the rest of the crew
                :-----F O-------T-------E
                D----F O------------E

or, this episode is saying that it does not matter where the traveler is in the stargate, when the solar flare hits, it shifts the entire wormhole, that because of the solar flare, the connection TO the stargate is broken sending the traveler, even if the traveler has already pasted the point of the solar flare hitting, it will be effected as well.

granted, this little bit OVERLY simplifies the issue, but that is because some of the people i have tried to explain the issue to, don't understand it other wise, and i am not a mind reader, so i don't know about people here......yet, i am finding that alot of people here don't think either, i don't yet know about you

i also had to over simplify because, to try to demonstrate the idea here in text, after i just woke up.......yeah, that should be good enough........lol

Comment

Twin Destinies: Alternate Rush; "No, no, that, that would have to happen inside the star. The ship itself must have passed very near a solar flare in the exact moment we locked the nine-chevron address."
                  The moment they connected, there was the solar flare, and there had to have been a second one throwing everyone else even further back

Comment

the activity below the surface, i don't think, accounts for everything
                    the wormhole is established
                    Eli establishes the gate
                    Telford goes through
                    Eli stablizes again
                    everyone piles through
                    Destiny is disabled

Telford himself is thrown into the past....stargate does not yet deal with the following question (atleast not that i know of):
                    where the solar flares hits, in connection with where the travelers are in the stargate. The solar flare should NOT effect anything that has already past it.......Destiny being point D, earth point E, and F being where the flare hits while T is Telford
                    D----F------T------E
                    the only thing that should be effected time wise is the wormhole part between Destiny and the solar flare
                    the wormhole gets hit, and the solar flare essentially, derails the D------E connection causing the D----- to jump to a different time, while the -------E, stargate had not yet addressed. Maybe this is the first episode to directly address it, or maybe, because of Eli having to stabalize it in the first place, there was a solar flare before, one that hit right as Destiny activated a wormhole.
                    point O simply meaning that the wormhole is open ended, that it is no longer connected to another stargate

.................:-------------the rest of the crew
                    ........:-----F O-------T-------E
                    D----F O------------E

or, this episode is saying that it does not matter where the traveler is in the stargate, when the solar flare hits, it shifts the entire wormhole, that because of the solar flare, the connection TO the stargate is broken sending the traveler, even if the traveler has already pasted the point of the solar flare hitting, it will be effected as well.

granted, this little bit OVERLY simplifies the issue, but that is because some of the people i have tried to explain the issue to, don't understand it other wise, and i am not a mind reader, so i don't know about people here......yet, i am finding that alot of people here don't think either, i don't yet know about you

i also had to over simplify because, to try to demonstrate the idea here in text, after i just woke up.......yeah, that should be good enough........lol
                    i had to edit the above, as the first time, the :, both were directly above the D, which was not suppose to be

Comment

Twin Destinies: Alternate Rush; "No, no, that, that would have to happen inside the star. The ship itself must have passed very near a solar flare in the exact moment we locked the nine-chevron address."
                      The moment they connected, there was the solar flare, and there had to have been a second one throwing everyone else even further back
                      mmmm. I believe that in "2010" and "1969" timing is part of the time travelling thing. IE, go too soon through the gate and you end up earlier or later.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        mmmm. I believe that in "2010" and "1969" timing is part of the time travelling thing. IE, go too soon through the gate and you end up earlier or later.

i thought time was based upon the type of solar flare, as in Continuum, trying to find the right solar flare for the right time

but i must admit, i wasn't listening too closely in "2010" about the technical concept
                        i thought in "1969" that they went too far into the future because that was the type of solar flare.....that was how i justified it based upon Continuum........i will re-watch "2010"....thank you for making me question

Comment

Working...
                        X