No announcement yet.

Orphan Black News / Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since no one else has mentioned this here yet; Orphan Black has been renewed for a 3rd season. So, yay!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...merica/281208/
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      Since no one else has mentioned this here yet; Orphan Black has been renewed for a 3rd season. So, yay!
      Was there any doubt?
      Could there have been any alternative for such an innovative and well-performed show?

Wo-hooo!

Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
      once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
      sigpic

Comment

For anybody who doesn't already know, Orphan Black is back!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

And it's still awesome! Clones pretending to be other clones, brains outside heads - god, I missed this show. :-) I'll probably wait till the end of the season and binge watch the rest though...

"Jesus, don't these people know you never even finished high school?" :-D

Comment

Grrrr, have to wait for it to reach the UK.
            Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
            once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
            sigpic

Comment

Mixed feelings for season 4. I like the flashbacks, but they are a little too convenient (for the writers) and I think they put in too much "extra" stuff ... And would have liked to see more twists in the plot. It's just too straight forward i guess ...

Comment

I'm not sure if this series has jumped to another thread... can't spot one... so... as it happens, where I am currently up to - S03E06 Certain Agony of the Battlefield - is roughly where this thread ended, and watching that ep sent me looking to debrief... so... this is me debriefing, without spoilers, because the show has ended anyways now!

Firstly - Back "in the day" I saw the promos for this show, and was keen to try, but just never got there (aired in Australia on SBS, semi-public broadcaster with terrible reception). It is on Netflix however, and I finally decided to give it a try what feels like just a few weeks ago (probably was!) - Addictive is the word I'm looking for!

Yes, Tatiana Maslany is amazing! All these different characters, all different personas, accents, mannerisms... It is incredibly easy to forget that she plays all of the clones, even when they are in the same room. Normally that sends me into a fit of "spot the green screen" / "look at that poor eye-line" (ie they are not really looking at each other's eyes because they are looking into empty space etc) - but I guess as they knew this was going to be a big issue - they have worked to make it all quite seamless.

I think the more indepth view of Beth from this episode is the first time I've really felt like I was seeing a character that didn't stand out enough from the rest - a bit too much Alison in the portrayal? But then - it was really just Sarah's mind, so perhaps that could explain it...

As to the rest of the episode... and the reason I had to debrief... Paul! I never really had the feeling that he was against Sarah... didn't quite expect him to confess to loving her just as he was heading off to die...! Wasn't expecting him to head off and die at all! I am glad that they redeemed his character in the end though.

Typical bloody military mind... See a problem, and turn it into a weapon... Made me think of the Stargate SG1 ep with the aliens who sterilise the human race...

Adding the Castor clone storyline I think made sense. Developed the concept further, and added a lot more storylines. Am curious to see where it all goes...
                Last edited by cosmichobo; 08 June 2018, 05:08 AM.
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

S03E08 - Ruthless in Purpose, and Insidious in Method

Sometimes I feel like I'm losing track of all the ins and outs going on here! But one thing in this ep that really felt wrong... Rudy visits Scott (whom I've been saying is dead-meat for some time)... And - despite the whole "We don't leave loose ends" from just a few eps ago... he left Scott still breathing - indeed not even roughed up...

Please don't tell me Scott is an inside man...
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  and lots more!

Comment

Geez... So I'm now up to S04E05 - Human Raw Material.

Not so sad about Kendall's death, but poor Cosima having to go through seeing it (even if her back was turned), not to mention the confirmation of Delphine's death...

As some know I have a soft spot for Julian Richings so glad he wasn't killed along with the missing driver.

When I first saw the worms living in people's cheeks... I thought we were heading down X Files territory (err, cos it's been so Desperate Housewives so far lol). I'm glad that it's been revealed to really just be a kind of advanced therapy.
                    and lots more!

Comment

if anyone hasn't noticed, tune in to Take Two on ABC (in the US) to see Jordan Gavaris as the medical examiner. Not as interesting or flamboyant as Felix, but at least he's still working.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder of this thread

I finished the series - actually got to the last 2-3 eps and stopped wanting to watch - because I hate when things end.

The build up toward the end was quite dramatic and intense! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but much as I liked having the last x minutes of the series showing "life after" - it also felt so... empty.

I'm not sure which I prefer - the ending to Continuum, which was brief but devastating, or this longer glance into the lives of the characters after "the war" so to speak.

All in all, it was none-the-less a great show! I'm glad I found it and took the time to watch.

I wonder if Eureka is on Netflix...
                        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                          Thanks for the reminder of this thread

I finished the series - actually got to the last 2-3 eps and stopped wanting to watch - because I hate when things end.

The build up toward the end was quite dramatic and intense! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but much as I liked having the last x minutes of the series showing "life after" - it also felt so... empty.

I'm not sure which I prefer - the ending to Continuum, which was brief but devastating, or this longer glance into the lives of the characters after "the war" so to speak.

All in all, it was none-the-less a great show! I'm glad I found it and took the time to watch.

I wonder if Eureka is on Netflix...
                          I loved how Continuum ended and also Orphan Black. I think they both had the right endings for each show.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                          X