No announcement yet.

Orphan Black News / Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took me a while to get to this one. I'll be watching the latest one later too.

Spoilers below for 2x06 - To Hound Nature in Her Wanderings
    Spoiler:
    • The Sarah/Helena road trip was awesome. The shadow puppets bit in the tent a great sestra moment.
    • Trust Helena to get distracted by the bar/grill. Yet again we saw her propensity for violence, but we also got to see her have a great time with Jesse (Patrick J. Adams who plays Mike on Suits)
    • "Don't be a baby, I only sprained, next one I break"
    • The Prolethians have Helena again. They might regret that.
    • So Mrs S. knew all along, and Sarah finally has some answers from Ethan Duncan. Apparently Dr. Leekie isn't the good cop in the Leekie/Rachel duo. Go figure.
    • Mrs S. may have turned Paul. He should seriously consider it, do Rachel and Leekie offer him tea and biscuits?
    • Dyad's stem cells are from a close female relative of the girl who was cloned. That's an interesting direction.
    • Alison still doesn't see herself as a real drunk. She looks down on everyone else in rehab.
    • Has Vic really found Buddha, or is it all just an act?
    • What is Angie's problem? She was told to drop this, can she not leave well enough alone?

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Spoilers below for 2x07 - Knowledge of Causes, and Secret Motion of Things
      Spoiler:
      This episode is a comedy of errors. I've written a lot more about it than about most episodes.

Alison full on over-shares with Vic about Aynsley's death and then gives him custom gloves with a missing finger. She sure does love her crafts. Fortunately she catches him on the phone to Angie before he can rat her out. Naturally, she calls Felix for help.

"I can't go to jail, Felix. I don't have the temperament. In the shower, if they touch me, I will cut them!"

Alison and Felix lead Vic into Alison's room. Fortunately his desire to go and tell Angie is no match for a mention of Sarah. Sarah turns up and tries to make it through Vic's 12-steps atonement process, but she's phoning it in really. He tries to win her back before face-planting into a table full of glitter courtesy of Felix spiking his tea. How could there not be glitter on Alison's rehab family day.

"It looks like he was molested by elves."

Naturally Sarah is forced to pretend to be Alison, and role play with Donnie. Alison shows up to help Felix move Vic. They have to avoid Angie, but they plant Vic passed out at the reception desk. Everybody assumes the pressures of family day got to him. Sarah struggles with role playing as Donnie, while Donnie plays Alison with unnerving accuracy.

"So I'm being Alison being Donnie?"
      "Don't stammer Donnie, and stand up straight. Or I'll withhold affection."

Of course Donnie ends up stumbling upon Alison and Sarah together and finding out that they're clones. He thought it was all some sociology study he signed up for in college. Alison rages at him for destroying their family.

Cosima starts her stem cell treatment only to discover that the stem cells actually come from Kira, harvested from a tooth she lost in the car accident. Leekie planted it for her and Delphine to find. She is not happy that Delphine tried to keep this information from her. She calls Sarah and tells her. Hearing this, Kira rips out a tooth using the string on the door knob technique. Such a selfless kid. Dyad really wants Kira, they hacked Cal's laptop but he left it behind to cover his tracks.

Mrs S. baits Rachel and Leekie into conflict by promising Duncan to Leekie, while setting up a meeting between Rachel and Duncan. Discovering that Leekie killed her mother tried to kill her father leads to Leekie being exiled from Dyad. He gets to live only because Rachel spared him in a moment of sentiment, he did raise her after all. He runs into an angry Donnie who holds him at gunpoint and demands that he and Alison be released from the study. Leekie agrees, only for Donnie to accidentally shoot him in the head. Apparently neither was having a bad enough day already.
      Last edited by Britta; 02 June 2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Wow, crazy episode, I loved it! Why exactly are we spoiler tagging aired episodes?
        Anyway
        Spoiler:
        It was a really Pulp Fiction moment, when Donnie shot Leekie. I must be a bad person, but I laughed And I laughed when Vic fell face first into the table, then Felix carried him and banged his head.
        But in the same time it was a very serious episode.

I love this show.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          Why exactly are we spoiler tagging aired episodes?
          It airs a bit behind here in the UK. The spoilers tags are for the benefit of those who choose to watch it the conventional way.

Comment

I just started watching this show. I just saw Season 1 Episode 8. I'll put this in tags just in case.

Spoiler:
            Holy shock factor, batman! They just showed Kira getting smashed by that car. I don't know if this is going to suck me into the show more, or push me away. I hate it when kids or dogs get hurt in TV/movies.

Comment

Don't let it push you away ajay! Also, no need to use spoiler tags for season 1.

Comment

I watched the next episode. OK - I can kind of see it now. Using the car accident as a major plot point because Kira is some kind of superkid. But dang... if I ever end up rewatching this series, I am going to skip that scene. That was... too much.

Really intriguing show.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                  Really intriguing show.
                  As Cosima would say: "Welcome to the trip, man."

Comment

Allright, the latest episode really turned me off...

Note to myself :"Always be careful of what you wish for"

Comment

Spoilers below for 2x08 - Variable and Full of Perturbation
                      Spoiler:
                      We've got another clone, and it's "Tony the Trans Bandit", who shows up looking for Beth. I loved his scenes with Felix but the flirting was really weird. He takes the whole deal pretty well, but he's already dealt with another identity crisis. He brings with him some cryptic message about Paul.

Donnie's drunk on Alison's first day back from rehab, but they end up confessing their respective murders to each other. Alison criticises Donnie's corpse wrapping, and Donnie admits to using Alison's gun to kill Leekie. He even put it back in her gun cabinet. Criminal genius!

Rachel claims it's Leekie died of a heart attack, but I don't think anybody's buying it. She finds out that the clones are engineered to be infertile or, as Ethan puts it, "barren by design". That really seems to upset her. Rachel wants to keep their relationship professional, but Ethan misses his daughter.

Cosima is mad at Delphine for keeping secrets from her. She gets her geek on in a spectacular fashion with Scott and his friends before making peace with Delphine. Cosima and Delphine then proceed to get completely baked. Cosima tells Scott that she is the subject of their study before meeting Ethan (her maker). Cosima starts coughing up blood, collapses and has a seizure. I really hope we don't lose Cosima! Would they dare?

Comment

And Paul has fired Laurel. No, wrong show.
                        So Paul
                        Spoiler:
                        ... is also a ghost, and is missing. So who's playing who now?
                        sigpic

Comment

This is one hell of an emotional roller coaster, I've never seen anything even remotely close.

From the scene where

Spoiler:
                          Kira is getting the bone marrow extraction, when Sarah's sorrow of having to do what she did was conveyed so well that my eyes watered as well, to the hilarious "The freezer!"... and that's just two examples of a loaded machine gun of emotional bullets they're firing at you.

Spoiler:
                          I wonder if Helena ends up as the sanest clone in the end. Cosima is near death (I don't think she'll really die, but I wouldn't be surprise either), Rachel clearly has a few childhood issue, Alison finds her husband sexier than ever after he shot the brains out of someone, and Sarah herself might tip over the edge if something happens to Kira (like kidnapping for instance.)

Have a ****ty day!

/me chuckles
                          Last edited by rolfbjarne; 15 June 2014, 03:53 PM. Reason: Get spoiler tags right

Comment

So glad that Orphan Black seems to be popular. Really loved the Clone Dance Party. I was sitting here thinking but they are all the SAME actress! And yet so different. This actress would've been perfect for Dollhouse.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Tatiana Maslany is great as all the different clones, sometimes I almost forget that they're all being played by one person.
                              sigpic

Comment

Plot recap below if anybody wants to refresh their memory. Yes I know this is late but I'm doing it anyway.

Spoilers below for 2x09 - Things Which Have Never Yet Been Done

Spoiler:
                                Alison has cleaned the car after Leekie's bullet-in-the-brain-pan incident, and she's now in the garage with Donnie who's staring dazed at Leekie's plastic-wrapped body on the floor.

"I think those are his brains, they're congealed"
                                "Oh, OK. Pitter patter Donnie, come on, let's get to it"

They work on getting the body wrapped up properly, but the scene is played as if they're trying to wrap a gift. Alison even secures the wrapping with pink duct tape! They finally hide the body in the freezer.

Rachel and Delphine talk about Cosima's deteriorating condition, and about using Kira to treat Cosima. Rachel claims that they have no designs other than helping Cosima, and that's she's been lied to too. Rachel gives Delphine the position of interim director of Dyad. Rachel meets with Marion, and they talk about Delphine's suitability for the job, and about Sarah's success despite not being given the advantages that Rachel had. Rachel watches her childhood videos while drinking, first with an expression of childlike joy, progressively getting sadder and less stable. She finally looks at photos of Sarah with Kira, and starts dressing like Sarah.

Cosima, Sarah and Alison talk via video chat. Alison clumsily asks about the cover story for Leekie's death to see if her and Donnie are going to get caught. Apparently not. Donnie wants to dump the body in the lake with weights. Alison vetoes that idea.

Do we have a boat? Have you ever seen Dexter, I mean, random SCUBA divers are finding everything!

Instead they decide to bury Leekie in the garage. Donnie tries to use a jackhammer on the garage floor, with little success. Alison, on the other hand, seems to be a natural! Alison and Donnie are still digging up the garage floor when they kids rush in. They shoo them out, but the kids say there's a man there to see Alison. It's Vic! They kick him out, but he keeps snooping around trying to look into the garage through the windows. He almost sees Alison moving Leekie's body, but Donnie catches him at gunpoint and takes him into the garage. Donnie seems happy to kill Vic, but Vic tells them that there's a cop outside. No points for guessing who that is.

Alison: "Angela DeAngelis?"
                                Vic: "Alison, she's been squeezing me. I don't even think it's official, Alison. She thinks there's five of you.
                                Donnie: "There's eleven, ese."
                                Vic: "Why you gotta keep messing with my head like that."

Donnie reveals that he was acting, and the safety was on.

Alison: "You were bluffing?
                                Donnie: "I learn from my mistakes Alison."
                                Vic: "You're not gonna shoot me?"
                                Donnie: "Not accidentally!"
                                Vic: "God I hate this garage"

Donnie drags Vic into Angie's van and tells her off for harassing his family, and tells her that she doesn't want to know the truth. He takes a picture as proof she was there, before walking away with a new confidence. They finish burying the body and go at it on the freezer.

Alison: "I have never been more attracted to you than I am right now."

Meanwhile at the freaky farm, the Prolethians are implanting Helena's embryos into her. Later, they take her to see their nursery and pre-school. She has fun with the children. Meanwhile Henrik reveals to Mark that he knows he and Gracie are in love, and gives his blessing. He says that it's time for Gracie to bear fruit, and asks if Mark is ready to stand by her as her husband. Back at the school, one of the teachers is cruel to a child and Helena pins her against a wall by the throat, and threatens to gut her like a fish if she touches the child again.

Henrik implants Helena's embryos into Gracie, who subsequently becomes roommates with Helena. Gracie didn't want to become pregnant. Helena isn't happy when Gracie tells her she's carrying Helena's babies. They try to escape, but Henrik catches them. He knocks Helena out, and locks Gracie in a room. Mark arrives and stands up to Henrik, then Helena wakes up an attacks Henrik. Mark and Gracie escape. Helena straps Henrik to the chair where he performs the insemination procedures ("Do I look like I'm trying to be funny?" she says, with a tobacco pipe in her mouth), and uses the tools on him before burning the whole place down.

Scott builds a computer with old components to access Duncan's data ("He's a virgin incase you couldn't tell"). The data is encoded and only Duncan knows the key. Duncan reveals that there approach to causing infertility was designed that way to minimally impact development. They didn't foresee the problems it would cause later in life. Now they can start working on a gene therapy to fix the mistake. Dyad's goon wants to know how long it'll take to decode the rest of the sequences, but they're all encoded with a separate key. Duncan's not giving them all of it.

Delphine goes to Sarah to talk about getting bone marrow from Kira. Sarah isn't very happy with that idea. Sarah talks to Kira, admitting that Cosima might die, and Kira agrees to donate bone marrow. The procedure will be done by a friend of Mrs. S. to ensure no foul play by Dyad. The procedure is performed, and Sarah has to be reassured that she's not a bad mother. Rachel allows Delphine to see an email pointing to Benjamin turning to Dyad's side, and Delphine goes straight to warn Sarah. It's just a distraction to allow Rachel to impersonate Sarah and kidnap Kira. She drugs Felix in the process when he realises she's not Sarah.

Delphine, crying, tells Cosima that she's made a terrible mistake, and Kira wakes up in a child decorated bedroom with Rachel sitting nearby.

"I know how frightening this must be for you but you'll get used to. You may even grow to like it here, just as I did."

There's something seriously wrong with that woman.

Comment

Working...
                                X