Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Air Force Chief of Staff Britta's Avatar

Default Re: Orphan Black News / Discussion Thread

Don't let it push you away ajay! Also, no need to use spoiler tags for season 1.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

I watched the next episode. OK - I can kind of see it now. Using the car accident as a major plot point because Kira is some kind of superkid. But dang... if I ever end up rewatching this series, I am going to skip that scene. That was... too much.

Really intriguing show.

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    Really intriguing show.
    As Cosima would say: "Welcome to the trip, man."

Allright, the latest episode really turned me off...

Note to myself :"Always be careful of what you wish for"

Spoilers below for 2x08 - Variable and Full of Perturbation
    Spoiler:
    We've got another clone, and it's "Tony the Trans Bandit", who shows up looking for Beth. I loved his scenes with Felix but the flirting was really weird. He takes the whole deal pretty well, but he's already dealt with another identity crisis. He brings with him some cryptic message about Paul.

Donnie's drunk on Alison's first day back from rehab, but they end up confessing their respective murders to each other. Alison criticises Donnie's corpse wrapping, and Donnie admits to using Alison's gun to kill Leekie. He even put it back in her gun cabinet. Criminal genius!

Rachel claims it's Leekie died of a heart attack, but I don't think anybody's buying it. She finds out that the clones are engineered to be infertile or, as Ethan puts it, "barren by design". That really seems to upset her. Rachel wants to keep their relationship professional, but Ethan misses his daughter.

Cosima is mad at Delphine for keeping secrets from her. She gets her geek on in a spectacular fashion with Scott and his friends before making peace with Delphine. Cosima and Delphine then proceed to get completely baked. Cosima tells Scott that she is the subject of their study before meeting Ethan (her maker). Cosima starts coughing up blood, collapses and has a seizure. I really hope we don't lose Cosima! Would they dare?

And Paul has fired Laurel. No, wrong show.
    So Paul
    Spoiler:
    ... is also a ghost, and is missing. So who's playing who now?

This is one hell of an emotional roller coaster, I've never seen anything even remotely close.

From the scene where

Spoiler:
    Kira is getting the bone marrow extraction, when Sarah's sorrow of having to do what she did was conveyed so well that my eyes watered as well, to the hilarious "The freezer!"... and that's just two examples of a loaded machine gun of emotional bullets they're firing at you.

Spoiler:
    I wonder if Helena ends up as the sanest clone in the end. Cosima is near death (I don't think she'll really die, but I wouldn't be surprise either), Rachel clearly has a few childhood issue, Alison finds her husband sexier than ever after he shot the brains out of someone, and Sarah herself might tip over the edge if something happens to Kira (like kidnapping for instance.)

Have a ****ty day!

/me chuckles
    Last edited by rolfbjarne; June 15th, 2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Get spoiler tags right

So glad that Orphan Black seems to be popular. Really loved the Clone Dance Party. I was sitting here thinking but they are all the SAME actress! And yet so different. This actress would've been perfect for Dollhouse.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Tatiana Maslany is great as all the different clones, sometimes I almost forget that they're all being played by one person.

Plot recap below if anybody wants to refresh their memory. Yes I know this is late but I'm doing it anyway.

Spoilers below for 2x09 - Things Which Have Never Yet Been Done

Spoiler:
    Alison has cleaned the car after Leekie's bullet-in-the-brain-pan incident, and she's now in the garage with Donnie who's staring dazed at Leekie's plastic-wrapped body on the floor.

"I think those are his brains, they're congealed"
    "Oh, OK. Pitter patter Donnie, come on, let's get to it"

They work on getting the body wrapped up properly, but the scene is played as if they're trying to wrap a gift. Alison even secures the wrapping with pink duct tape! They finally hide the body in the freezer.

Rachel and Delphine talk about Cosima's deteriorating condition, and about using Kira to treat Cosima. Rachel claims that they have no designs other than helping Cosima, and that's she's been lied to too. Rachel gives Delphine the position of interim director of Dyad. Rachel meets with Marion, and they talk about Delphine's suitability for the job, and about Sarah's success despite not being given the advantages that Rachel had. Rachel watches her childhood videos while drinking, first with an expression of childlike joy, progressively getting sadder and less stable. She finally looks at photos of Sarah with Kira, and starts dressing like Sarah.

Cosima, Sarah and Alison talk via video chat. Alison clumsily asks about the cover story for Leekie's death to see if her and Donnie are going to get caught. Apparently not. Donnie wants to dump the body in the lake with weights. Alison vetoes that idea.

Do we have a boat? Have you ever seen Dexter, I mean, random SCUBA divers are finding everything!

Instead they decide to bury Leekie in the garage. Donnie tries to use a jackhammer on the garage floor, with little success. Alison, on the other hand, seems to be a natural! Alison and Donnie are still digging up the garage floor when they kids rush in. They shoo them out, but the kids say there's a man there to see Alison. It's Vic! They kick him out, but he keeps snooping around trying to look into the garage through the windows. He almost sees Alison moving Leekie's body, but Donnie catches him at gunpoint and takes him into the garage. Donnie seems happy to kill Vic, but Vic tells them that there's a cop outside. No points for guessing who that is.

Alison: "Angela DeAngelis?"
    Vic: "Alison, she's been squeezing me. I don't even think it's official, Alison. She thinks there's five of you.
    Donnie: "There's eleven, ese."
    Vic: "Why you gotta keep messing with my head like that."

Donnie reveals that he was acting, and the safety was on.

Alison: "You were bluffing?
    Donnie: "I learn from my mistakes Alison."
    Vic: "You're not gonna shoot me?"
    Donnie: "Not accidentally!"
    Vic: "God I hate this garage"

Donnie drags Vic into Angie's van and tells her off for harassing his family, and tells her that she doesn't want to know the truth. He takes a picture as proof she was there, before walking away with a new confidence. They finish burying the body and go at it on the freezer.

Alison: "I have never been more attracted to you than I am right now."

Meanwhile at the freaky farm, the Prolethians are implanting Helena's embryos into her. Later, they take her to see their nursery and pre-school. She has fun with the children. Meanwhile Henrik reveals to Mark that he knows he and Gracie are in love, and gives his blessing. He says that it's time for Gracie to bear fruit, and asks if Mark is ready to stand by her as her husband. Back at the school, one of the teachers is cruel to a child and Helena pins her against a wall by the throat, and threatens to gut her like a fish if she touches the child again.

Henrik implants Helena's embryos into Gracie, who subsequently becomes roommates with Helena. Gracie didn't want to become pregnant. Helena isn't happy when Gracie tells her she's carrying Helena's babies. They try to escape, but Henrik catches them. He knocks Helena out, and locks Gracie in a room. Mark arrives and stands up to Henrik, then Helena wakes up an attacks Henrik. Mark and Gracie escape. Helena straps Henrik to the chair where he performs the insemination procedures ("Do I look like I'm trying to be funny?" she says, with a tobacco pipe in her mouth), and uses the tools on him before burning the whole place down.

Scott builds a computer with old components to access Duncan's data ("He's a virgin incase you couldn't tell"). The data is encoded and only Duncan knows the key. Duncan reveals that there approach to causing infertility was designed that way to minimally impact development. They didn't foresee the problems it would cause later in life. Now they can start working on a gene therapy to fix the mistake. Dyad's goon wants to know how long it'll take to decode the rest of the sequences, but they're all encoded with a separate key. Duncan's not giving them all of it.

Delphine goes to Sarah to talk about getting bone marrow from Kira. Sarah isn't very happy with that idea. Sarah talks to Kira, admitting that Cosima might die, and Kira agrees to donate bone marrow. The procedure will be done by a friend of Mrs. S. to ensure no foul play by Dyad. The procedure is performed, and Sarah has to be reassured that she's not a bad mother. Rachel allows Delphine to see an email pointing to Benjamin turning to Dyad's side, and Delphine goes straight to warn Sarah. It's just a distraction to allow Rachel to impersonate Sarah and kidnap Kira. She drugs Felix in the process when he realises she's not Sarah.

Delphine, crying, tells Cosima that she's made a terrible mistake, and Kira wakes up in a child decorated bedroom with Rachel sitting nearby.

"I know how frightening this must be for you but you'll get used to. You may even grow to like it here, just as I did."

There's something seriously wrong with that woman.

Since no one else has mentioned this here yet; Orphan Black has been renewed for a 3rd season. So, yay!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...merica/281208/

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Since no one else has mentioned this here yet; Orphan Black has been renewed for a 3rd season. So, yay!
    Was there any doubt?
    Could there have been any alternative for such an innovative and well-performed show?

Wo-hooo!

For anybody who doesn't already know, Orphan Black is back!

Chief Master Sergeant

And it's still awesome! Clones pretending to be other clones, brains outside heads - god, I missed this show. :-) I'll probably wait till the end of the season and binge watch the rest though...

"Jesus, don't these people know you never even finished high school?" :-D

Airman

Grrrr, have to wait for it to reach the UK.
    Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
    once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.

Mixed feelings for season 4. I like the flashbacks, but they are a little too convenient (for the writers) and I think they put in too much "extra" stuff ... And would have liked to see more twists in the plot. It's just too straight forward i guess ...

I'm not sure if this series has jumped to another thread... can't spot one... so... as it happens, where I am currently up to - S03E06 Certain Agony of the Battlefield - is roughly where this thread ended, and watching that ep sent me looking to debrief... so... this is me debriefing, without spoilers, because the show has ended anyways now!

Firstly - Back "in the day" I saw the promos for this show, and was keen to try, but just never got there (aired in Australia on SBS, semi-public broadcaster with terrible reception). It is on Netflix however, and I finally decided to give it a try what feels like just a few weeks ago (probably was!) - Addictive is the word I'm looking for!

Yes, Tatiana Maslany is amazing! All these different characters, all different personas, accents, mannerisms... It is incredibly easy to forget that she plays all of the clones, even when they are in the same room. Normally that sends me into a fit of "spot the green screen" / "look at that poor eye-line" (ie they are not really looking at each other's eyes because they are looking into empty space etc) - but I guess as they knew this was going to be a big issue - they have worked to make it all quite seamless.

I think the more indepth view of Beth from this episode is the first time I've really felt like I was seeing a character that didn't stand out enough from the rest - a bit too much Alison in the portrayal? But then - it was really just Sarah's mind, so perhaps that could explain it...

As to the rest of the episode... and the reason I had to debrief... Paul! I never really had the feeling that he was against Sarah... didn't quite expect him to confess to loving her just as he was heading off to die...! Wasn't expecting him to head off and die at all! I am glad that they redeemed his character in the end though.

Typical bloody military mind... See a problem, and turn it into a weapon... Made me think of the Stargate SG1 ep with the aliens who sterilise the human race...

Adding the Castor clone storyline I think made sense. Developed the concept further, and added a lot more storylines. Am curious to see where it all goes...
    Last edited by cosmichobo; June 8th, 2018 at 05:08 AM.
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

S03E08 - Ruthless in Purpose, and Insidious in Method

Sometimes I feel like I'm losing track of all the ins and outs going on here! But one thing in this ep that really felt wrong... Rudy visits Scott (whom I've been saying is dead-meat for some time)... And - despite the whole "We don't leave loose ends" from just a few eps ago... he left Scott still breathing - indeed not even roughed up...

Please don't tell me Scott is an inside man...
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    and lots more!

Geez... So I'm now up to S04E05 - Human Raw Material.

Not so sad about Kendall's death, but poor Cosima having to go through seeing it (even if her back was turned), not to mention the confirmation of Delphine's death...

As some know I have a soft spot for Julian Richings so glad he wasn't killed along with the missing driver.

When I first saw the worms living in people's cheeks... I thought we were heading down X Files territory (err, cos it's been so Desperate Housewives so far lol). I'm glad that it's been revealed to really just be a kind of advanced therapy.
    and lots more!

if anyone hasn't noticed, tune in to Take Two on ABC (in the US) to see Jordan Gavaris as the medical examiner. Not as interesting or flamboyant as Felix, but at least he's still working.