• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blond Ambition (322)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON THREE
    BLOND AMBITION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 322
    It's Monroe and Rosalee's big day and their joy will only be matched by unexpected heartache for those around them. Nick and Juliette make a startling realization that could shake their relationship to its core. Meanwhile, Adalind proceeds with a delicately laid plan that leads to a catastrophic event that will alter the course of Nick's journey. (NBC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 11 May 2014, 10:06 PM.

So adalind degrimmed nick. Explains how Trubel came to be
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I am not sure about it. Some stuff was great and unexpected (and honestly, did we ever see a wedding that went well on TV? ). But the ending twist was very much expected and it made me, for some reason, dislike Juliette even more.
      But I can´t help but like Truble. I like how she is not an instantly likeable character but she grew on me. She turned to be a loyal friend. But I can´t help it, I think the cast is already too big to handle everybody so someone should just leave (cough, Juliette, cough).
      But I still love the show, and I hope the story line around Nick won´t take more than one or two episodes in Season 4.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

well that was my least favorite episode of the show. Honestly the only things I liked was Teresa and the wedding stuff, the little of it we got. It was way to predictable and the characters (particularly Renard) were written way to dumb not to figure out what was going on.

I also hope that Nick's powers return quickly next season. And that they get rit of Adalind, I'm so sick of her character.
        Last edited by blueray; 17 May 2014, 07:26 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Predictable! And Dumb!

There was so much that was good about this episode and so much that was terrible. I still thought it would be okay if they didn't do what they predictably did. I am honestly disgusted by how pathetic that ending is. If I choose to watch season 4 I am going to be stuck with more Juliet, whom I don't like, because when they do figure out how he can get his powers back there will be the big debate about their relationship.

I can not stand how superhero stories feel they have to fall back on the "What would happen if he lost his powers?" crutch. I am sure they'll drag this out as long as they can with Trubel around. Of course after what happened in Nick's house Trubel can't be around anymore. She left her weapon. She left her fingerprints. Her fingerprints are on file. She is burned.

And instead of getting rid of Adalind or Juliet or both we'll likely get more. There will have to be Adalind's continued story of when she learns they don't have her baby. And how long can they drag that out before she finds out?!

And I am really not happy they killed off C. Thomas Howell. I thought they were setting him up nicely as a Portland Foil. It was a good scene though.

Anyway, if I ever needed more of a reason than Juliet and Adalind to stop watching this show they just gave it to me. I mean it was just so expected that this is a TV show and that was their big cliffhanger. And so predictable that they would go to the Loss of Powers Crutch as a cliffhanger. I hoped the Grimm writers were better than this.

Three weeks ago I would have told you Grimm is the only show that didn't get canceled that I am definitely going to be watching next season. Now I'd have to say Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. holds that distinction. At least Wu finally knows something. At least we got twenty seconds of Bud.

Oh and I almost forgot. Is Adalind now pregnant with a Grimm? How dumb is that as a method for him losing his powers considering the way he took away hers. And how would drinking the potion that made her look like Juliet stop it? That made no sense.
          Last edited by Looney; 17 May 2014, 07:56 AM. Reason: Additions

Comment

Well, I seem to be of the same opinion as most of you. Parts I loved and parts I hated.

I loved the scene where Rosalee's mother and Monroe's parents were franticly looking for a new wedding dress. And Trubel is slowly starting to grow on me a little. I liked how she tried so hard to help Nick. I don't know if I would want to have her around all the time, but now and then would be good. And the actual wedding itself (before everything went to heck) was very sweet.

Just how much more stupid can the writer's make Juliette? I'm really surprised she managed not to make a scene at the wedding. She's been an annoyance since day one -- and she's only getting worse. I wouldn't miss her if we never saw her again.

Comment

OK here's my theory for next season we are going to find out that it's too late for Nick to simply drink the green liquid to get his power back. But we will find out its possible to have another Grimm give there's away. So truble will give him her ability.
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                OK here's my theory for next season we are going to find out that it's too late for Nick to simply drink the green liquid to get his power back. But we will find out its possible to have another Grimm give there's away. So truble will give him her ability.
                OOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! ! ! That is interesting. I don't think it will ever happen because Trubel's 'troubled' past, but it is still a very interesting theory. I just don't think Trubel has gone through this life of fighting "The Monsters" and now she'll be willing to give the power to see "The Monsters" up. She is already paranoid and I doubt she would want to give up seeing Wessen who might be threatening her.

It is just a huge problem that they decided to go down this path with Nick. It almost seems too obvious that they want to keep the door open in case Giuntoli wants too much money to return. And it was a big deal when he took Adalind's powers away, which should have ended her time on the show. Now having her come back and take away is ability just seems silly. For me it really detracts from the show that they are trying to use this as a plot device. You give people abilities and then you make it so those powers can be taken away and regained just because you can't come up with better material or because someone might have contract issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                  OOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! ! ! That is interesting. I don't think it will ever happen because Trubel's 'troubled' past, but it is still a very interesting theory. I just don't think Trubel has gone through this life of fighting "The Monsters" and now she'll be willing to give the power to see "The Monsters" up. She is already paranoid and I doubt she would want to give up seeing Wessen who might be threatening her.

It is just a huge problem that they decided to go down this path with Nick. It almost seems too obvious that they want to keep the door open in case Giuntoli wants too much money to return. And it was a big deal when he took Adalind's powers away, which should have ended her time on the show. Now having her come back and take away is ability just seems silly. For me it really detracts from the show that they are trying to use this as a plot device. You give people abilities and then you make it so those powers can be taken away and regained just because you can't come up with better material or because someone might have contract issues.
                  I am still confused on what actually took Nicks Powers away. To Recap, the Royals told her that Nicks blood in her Veins makes him vulnerable, then we have the scene with her hand bleeding, then she gets Juliets hair and turns into her to have Sex with Nick and take his Powers away. Then Renard wants to use the potion that transformed her to safe Nick. So what the Hell was it? The Blood, the Potion, having Sex with someone with your own or maybe Grimm Blood? I dont get it. As far as I can Imagine she mixed her/his Blood into the Potion which makes her transformation half Grimm? Again, wth?
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

And that is another reason the finale is terrible. The way they showed it the potion that made her look like Juliet has nothing to do with him losing his powers. Obviously he lost his powers because he had sex with a Hexenbeast, that is why she needed the potion to look like Juliet. So him drinking the potion shouldn't have done anything. The whole thing is just awful. Even if they explained it better it would still be an awful concept. It is bad enough that we are supposed to believe his powers can be taken away, but we also have to accept that part of the formula for doing so has to do with looking like someone else. Whaaaaa?!?!?!?!

Comment

I wasn't crazy about the finale either. I'm not excited about Nick being degrimmed, and I hope that doesn't last long. I'm also not thrilled that they felt like they needed to throw that kind of a wrench into the Nick/Juliette relationship (which I actually like). And I just can't figure out how I feel about Trubel. All in all, a kind of let down of a finale to what has overall IMO been kind of a disappointing season. Hopefully next season will be stronger.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

This show has lost a bit of steam sadly to say. I'm fed up with Adalind coming back and yet again picking on Juliette! Taking Nick's powers away in the way they did, *shakes head*.

Trubel has turned out to be the new 'Nick' it seems, luckily I don't mind her as a character. Is it just me or haven't we really seen much of Nick in action as a Grimm recently? All the time is taken up with the 'Adalind mess'. I hope the return of Nick's powers, which is inevitable, happens in a more spectacular interesting way than it did with him losing them.

One thing I'm glad of in this finale is that Munroe and Rosalee got past the; "I now pronounce you man and wife" bit before all hell broke loose!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

One thing I'm glad of in this finale is that Munroe and Rosalee got past the; "I now pronounce you man and wife" bit before all hell broke loose!
                          That would be the only thing I was glad that happened!
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Okie dokie.. So, my turn to rant and such.. It will be under spoilers just because I'm neurotic and like things condensed.

Spoiler:
                            Okay, first let me say that I haven't actually watched the ep. I checked into it, fully intending to watch it and then I read the polls and comments and such on the app (it's called Get Glue) and I was so annoyed that I vowed never to watch it.. (I'll admit that I'm caving a bit but I'm still annoyed at it)

So.. SO not happy about how they ended it. It was..dare I say...disgustingly predictable and disappointing on a level that I have yet to have with this show. Like others, I guessed that Nick would be de-Grimmed long ago because of the introduction of Trubel (whom I'm still not a fan of). My main hope is that they don't keep the story arc long because I'm not sure I could keep watching if Trubel is the main Grimm and Nick is now just a cop who happens to know about the Grimm/Wesen world but can no longer do much about it besides be a sidekick. I just cannot swallow that for too long.

I'm not exactly sure what the deal with Adalind and Juliette was.. I read/guessed that Adalind slept with Nick in Juliette's form and that Juliette didn't react well to it but beyond that I'm not precisely sure what's going on. I like Juliette now that she knows about everything and has been as supportive as she has been. Adalind, however, I'm done with. I used to like her but over time I've just kind of gotten past annoyed with her. I still like her better than Trubel but since I essentially loathe Trubel that's not saying much.

I'm glad that Monroe and Rosalee are finally married and that Rosalee changed her dress into a very beautiful one - she looked gorgeous! Congrats to the both of them!

Okay... *sighs* That's the amount of my rant so far.... IF (and that's a big 'if') I do watch it, there's a chance that more will be coming..

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

I would just watch it and get it over with. When you are done you might be like me and have one less thing to watch in the fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X