Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Unthinkable (223)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    eek: KILLDEER, how could you. You know you should always agree with me. After all, I am always right, even when I'm wrong
    Hahahaha sorry I forgot.

Personally what I see is, he is selfish, self centred a lot of the time and untrustworthy when it comes to romantic relationships. But that's just my opinion.
    I don't really see him like that. I think he's a guy that's been through hell and is trying to be a hero, but isn't always doing the greatest job. That said, I haven't always agreed with his choices. I think, for one, how he's treated Thea has been appalling. He ran off and left her for five months after the Undertaking. Her mother had just been thrown in jail - who exactly was looking out for her? And then he abandons her again after Slade kills Moira. I get that both times he was pushed to the breaking point, but he's all the family Thea has left (that he's aware of anyway).

I also think he can be rather astoundingly hypocritical at times - his break with Moira over her secret keeping, when he was planning on keeping the same secret from Thea, was one of the more breathtaking examples.

But I still like him as a character and I think he's trying to do the right thing - he's just not always succeeding. (And I should say I don't actually totally agree with his "no killing at all" stance.)

chose her when crazy guy (forgot his name ) threatened both her and Shado, even though he was in a relationship with Shado at the time.
    I firmly believe that Oliver did not consciously choose Sara over Shado. Oliver says that in his feelings of guilt, but that's not what I saw. What I saw was Oliver refusing to choose, and then throwing himself in front of the gun when Ivo pointed it at Sara. I believe he would have reacted exactly the same way if Ivo had pointed the gun at Shado and then Sara would be dead. There was no choice. Ivo tricked him. (And by the way, may I just say how utterly contrived that whole scenario was? I realize they needed a reason to set Slade against Oliver, but surely they could have come up with something less ridiculous than that.)

And I guess I don't see how Oliver and Sara getting back together in Starling City was him somehow choosing her over Laurel. There's nothing to "choose" her over. He and Laurel weren't in a relationship - it's not like she was an option for him to be able to choose. (I just reread that and I'm not sure it makes any sense, but I'm not sure how else to say it.)

If she does get back with Oliver then my low estimation of her would hit an all time low.
    I'm not sure it's possible for my opinion of Laurel to get lower, but I agree on them getting back together. She should be singing that Taylor Swift song to him...what are the words? Something like..."we are never ever getting back together, like, EVER."

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Why do you think they are called the League of Assassins? The kill so many people because they are drunk.
    HAHAHA rofl. .
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

Why do you think they are called the League of Assassins? The kill so many people because they are drunk.
    That explains a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Killdeer View Post
    Hahahaha sorry I forgot.

Let that be a lesson to you

I don't really see him like that. I think he's a guy that's been through hell and is trying to be a hero, but isn't always doing the greatest job. That said, I haven't always agreed with his choices. I think, for one, how he's treated Thea has been appalling. He ran off and left her for five months after the Undertaking. Her mother had just been thrown in jail - who exactly was looking out for her? And then he abandons her again after Slade kills Moira. I get that both times he was pushed to the breaking point, but he's all the family Thea has left (that he's aware of anyway).

I also think he can be rather astoundingly hypocritical at times - his break with Moira over her secret keeping, when he was planning on keeping the same secret from Thea, was one of the more breathtaking examples.

But I still like him as a character and I think he's trying to do the right thing - he's just not always succeeding. (And I should say I don't actually totally agree with his "no killing at all" stance.)

I firmly believe that Oliver did not consciously choose Sara over Shado. Oliver says that in his feelings of guilt, but that's not what I saw. What I saw was Oliver refusing to choose, and then throwing himself in front of the gun when Ivo pointed it at Sara. I believe he would have reacted exactly the same way if Ivo had pointed the gun at Shado and then Sara would be dead. There was no choice. Ivo tricked him. (And by the way, may I just say how utterly contrived that whole scenario was? I realize they needed a reason to set Slade against Oliver, but surely they could have come up with something less ridiculous than that.)

And I guess I don't see how Oliver and Sara getting back together in Starling City was him somehow choosing her over Laurel. There's nothing to "choose" her over. He and Laurel weren't in a relationship - it's not like she was an option for him to be able to choose. (I just reread that and I'm not sure it makes any sense, but I'm not sure how else to say it.)

I'm not sure it's possible for my opinion of Laurel to get lower, but I agree on them getting back together. She should be singing that Taylor Swift song to him...what are the words? Something like..."we are never ever getting back together, like, EVER."

HAHAHA rofl. .
    That's just the way he comes across to me sometimes *shrugs*

Is Laurel really that unpopular with a lot of folks?

Anyways, I'm not familiar with the comic book canon. Does Roy become a fully fledged vigilante? Does he have a code name? How did Malcolm Merlyn survive being stabbed through the heart? Was he juiced up on the same stuff that Drake used? Will Thea return to Starling City. I think it'd be cool if Malcolm managed to get Thea onside, it would be an interesting twist.

Linda is often wrong. She forgets this because of her goldfish

I am going to use Batman references to make you understand. If Green Arrow is Batman than Roy will become his Roebin (His name is Speedy) and Merylin is the Joker. The Dark Archer was always the Green Arrow's archnemesis. I can't say much about Thea as she was created just for the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Ha.

Jelgate is partially right. In the Green Arrow comics, Speedy was to Green Arrow what Robin is to Batman. However, like the Robins, it's a bit more complicated than that. The first Speedy was Roy Harper, who later became Arsenal, and then Red Arrow. The Arrow PTB have recently confirmed that Roy will become Arsenal. The second Speedy was a girl named Mia Dearden. I don't therefore think it's coincidental that Thea's full name is Thea Dearden Queen and that Oliver's nickname for her was Speedy. So Jelgate is partially right that Thea was created for the show because Oliver didn't have a sister in the comics, but I believe Thea is eventually intended to be Speedy.
    Last edited by Killdeer; June 4th, 2014 at 11:19 AM.

I was being simplistic to not confuse Linda. That happens easily.
    Jelgate is right

Ah. My mistake.

(Sorry Linda. )

Oh and by the way - how Merlyn survived? We don't really know. The writers said awhile back it wasn't something they were really interested in addressing on the show, but maybe they'll change their mind. Maybe we're just supposed to assume he faked it and Oliver was too injured himself to really check and make sure. But no, he did not have the Mirakuru in his system.
    Last edited by Killdeer; June 4th, 2014 at 11:37 AM.

Linda is often wrong. She forgets this because of her goldfish

I am going to use Batman references to make you understand. If Green Arrow is Batman than Roy will become his Roebin (His name is Speedy) and Merylin is the Joker. The Dark Archer was always the Green Arrow's archnemesis. I can't say much about Thea as she was created just for the show.
    Ah okay. That makes sense.

Ha.

Jelgate is partially right. In the Green Arrow comics, Speedy was to Green Arrow what Robin is to Batman. However, like the Robins, it's a bit more complicated than that. The first Speedy was Roy Harper, who later became Arsenal, and then Red Arrow. The Arrow PTB have recently confirmed that Roy will become Arsenal. The second Speedy was a girl named Mia Dearden. I don't therefore think it's coincidental that Thea's full name is Thea Dearden Queen and that Oliver's nickname for her was Speedy. So Jelgate is partially right that Thea was created for the show because Oliver didn't have a sister in the comics, but I believe Thea is eventually intended to be Speedy.
    I didn't know her middle name was Dearden. So we think she will become the new Speedy?

I was being simplistic to not confuse Linda. That happens easily.
    Ah Jel knows me well

Ah. My mistake.

(Sorry Linda. )

Oh and by the way - how Merlyn survived? We don't really know. The writers said awhile back it wasn't something they were really interested in addressing on the show, but maybe they'll change their mind. Maybe we're just supposed to assume he faked it and Oliver was too injured himself to really check and make sure. But no, he did not have the Mirakuru in his system.
    I hope they don't do an SGA on us and forget about it without an explanation.

I didn't know her middle name was Dearden. So we think she will become the new Speedy?
    I think she will be, eventually.

Well, they never addressed Isabel Rochev's name being on the List from last season.

I think she will be, eventually.

Well, they never addressed Isabel Rochev's name being on the List from last season.
    Um, yeah. Who?

Oh god Jel is never gonna let me live this down

The character Summer Glau played.
    Jelgate is right

The character Summer Glau played.
    Oh yeah. I forgot her name.

First Lieutenant

Not sure if pimping is allowed but I wrote two fanfictions about how he survived.

Explanation 1: He has the heart on the right side (there are people like that, you know. Rare, but it happens. And he slowed down his heartbeat which he learnt in Nanda Parbat so Oliver thought he was dead)

Explanation 2 (not mine): He is actually Jack Harkness!