No announcement yet.

After so many years, I'm still going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, I came across this thread and I thought why not chime in...

The first night SG1 premiered I was at my house with my then Girlfriend and fellow Science Fiction geek and 8 of our closest friends. My living room was a good size and we actually moved in an extra love seat from one of their houses to help accommodate seating. The GF and I laid out in my huge lazyboy with couple of beers and a bowl of popcorn. One of the kids turned the lights off as the show was about to start. Everyone watched the entire show no bathroom breaks (which was very hard to believe for some of them). We tried to repeat that as long as we could even through the break ups and and other events of our lives. I guess one of my points is this, I don't love my ex-girlfriend anymore but I still love this show and SGA / SGU and all the characters in them they are very dear to me just like Firefly.

With the news that we may be getting a new Stargate project in the fairly near future my heart has soared. Hopefully they will not completely abandon the TV shows mythology and story lines in favor of some rake in the cash "New Concept". I beg of you do not forsake the hardcore SG1 and on fans.

By the way is it wrong that I think there is a big 3 not a big two as far as Science Fiction shows an concepts go, I mean don't get me wrong I love both Star Wars and Star Trek but too me Stargate is on the same level if not above them in terms of the best Science Fiction franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by BTHOM View Post
      I have watched the Stargate episodes at least a dozen times each. They never get old. They only leave me yearning for more! I will never forgive MGM for not going ahead with the third SG1 movie when all we fans wanted was MORE of the same!

I love RDA and think he was/is the best!
      Yes, but not only RDA, I also liked the other actors and seasons 9/10 as well because IMO BB did a great job leading SG1.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinac View Post
        With the news that we may be getting a new Stargate project in the fairly near future my heart has soared. Hopefully they will not completely abandon the TV shows mythology and story lines in favor of some rake in the cash "New Concept". I beg of you do not forsake the hardcore SG1 and on fans.
        I hate to be the bringer of bad news... so please, don't shoot the messenger ...but Devlin & Emmerich have already stated that they are going to redo their original concept, so nothing of the TV-series will make it into their Stargate project.

Originally posted by Rhinac View Post
        By the way is it wrong that I think there is a big 3 not a big two as far as Science Fiction shows an concepts go, I mean don't get me wrong I love both Star Wars and Star Trek but too me Stargate is on the same level if not above them in terms of the best Science Fiction franchise.
        No, there's only the big 2 - Stargate doesn't even come close to what Star Wars and Star Trek are. Sorry to burst even that bubble.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You are not alone.

I'm just hitting 35 years old this year Watched from the original 1994 film and still watching now!

I don't think it will ever die for many of us who have watched Stargate, Even if we never got to watch again it has and will be a part of us forever.
          Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

turning 24 later this week, and i'm still watching it, i grew up watching it with my dad every week, own every stargate book released, have every stargate season card (and currently trying to finish my collection of the old stargate TCG cards) and several other things.

i have a lot of fond memories watching it with my dad actually, including when we were moving, they were doing the pilot episode of Atlantis, and we had no furniture, so we hooked up an old tv we hadn't moved yet and set it on a chair while we watched it eating dinner on the floor, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlash4 View Post
              turning 24 later this week, and i'm still watching it, i grew up watching it with my dad every week, own every stargate book released, have every stargate season card (and currently trying to finish my collection of the old stargate TCG cards) and several other things.
              I've left you a visitor message on your profile in reply to your PM (you're set to not receive any PMs). I found some spare promos.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                I've left you a visitor message on your profile in reply to your PM (you're set to not receive any PMs). I found some spare promos.
                yah I noticed, problem i'm having is i messaged you right after registering, so it seamed to go through, then the probie status kicked in and now i can't respond till that goes away. Though yes i need all those, will also need some roto cards also.

Comment

Can you leave me visitor messages on my profile?
                  sigpic

Comment

I changed his setting manually yesterday morning,so he should be able to VM/PM you.

Can you guys let me know,if that's still not possible?
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

That's perfect Bagpuss. Thanks.
                      sigpic

Comment

My pleasure!
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                        X