• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing Personal (120)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    NOTHING PERSONAL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 120
    Agent May calls upon Maria Hill to help Coulson, who has returned to Providence and discovered that his team is gone. Meanwhile, after discovering Ward's secret, Skye tries to bide her time by promising to decrypt her data drive.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 June 2014, 10:13 PM.

Great episode. From the previews I thought it was going to be a bit more focused on Deathlok and whether he was still redeemable.

I am starting to think this season will wrap up with some great closure for where the team moves on from this, and I would bet that Ward doesn't live to see season 2.

I am liking Skye more on this as she is being shown as a capable person. Earlier in the season there was a lot of talk by Coulson on how good she is or that she has a good heart, but we weren't seeing that.

I still don't buy the attraction between Ward and her, but at least she is going some good work.

Comment

I see Deathlok as more redeemable than Ward. In fact if anyone should kill Garrett it should be Deathlok. Surely Simmons and Fitz have work out a way to neutralise Hydra control chips in his brain.

Through I'm trusting Simmons less after this episode, the whole scene beside the pool seem odd, like she isn't being entirely honest with him.

Sky is the most capable of them outside of hand to hand combat. I think that was clearly demonstrated this episode.

Wasn't to clean on Hill character, hopefully they will add some depth to her character.

It was quite a reveal that Coulson was the head of T.A.H.I.T.I, anyone figure out what the acronym stand for yet.

Comment

I love this show more and more with every episode. The only thing that could have made this episode better for me would have been to have more Agent May!

I've been so back and forth about Skye during this season. I do prefer seeing her being a capable agent. Bits of this episode reminded me of The Magical Place where Skye got kicked off the Bus and had to figure out how to find Coulson on her own. I'm really not digging the SkyeWard romance. I'm choosing to believe that Skye just couldn't live with herself if she allowed Deathlok to kill Ward and not that she is actually in love with him.

I would love to see Deathlok redeemed. I wondered if Raina might turn since she really did seem upset to find out Garrett wasn't really clairvoyant and was just a liar.

Amazing twist at the end of the episode - Coulson was in charge of the TAHITI project. And now to think back to episode 11 (The Magical Place) and recall how Coulson begged them to let him die...it's even more heartbreaking.

Line of the night - Coulson: "Huh."

REALLY can't wait for next week's episode. Promo stills of Coulson and May are *awesome*.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
          I love this show more and more with every episode. The only thing that could have made this episode better for me would have been to have more Agent May!

I've been so back and forth about Skye during this season. I do prefer seeing her being a capable agent. Bits of this episode reminded me of The Magical Place where Skye got kicked off the Bus and had to figure out how to find Coulson on her own. I'm really not digging the SkyeWard romance. I'm choosing to believe that Skye just couldn't live with herself if she allowed Deathlok to kill Ward and not that she is actually in love with him.

I would love to see Deathlok redeemed. I wondered if Raina might turn since she really did seem upset to find out Garrett wasn't really clairvoyant and was just a liar.

Amazing twist at the end of the episode - Coulson was in charge of the TAHITI project. And now to think back to episode 11 (The Magical Place) and recall how Coulson begged them to let him die...it's even more heartbreaking.

Line of the night - Coulson: "Huh."

REALLY can't wait for next week's episode. Promo stills of Coulson and May are *awesome*.
          My line of the night - "You always had a Nazi youth look about you" - paraphrased.

I was just thinking about when Coulson was begging them to stop as well when the episode ended.

Also think about this, TAHITI was for any mortally wounded Avengers. Hulk and Thor are pretty invulnerable, but Stark and Rogers...

Not sure if Widow and Hawkeye are considered Avengers by Fury since they were both SHIELD agents in the line of duty and the other four were the main focus of recruitment.

But they opted to use the project on Coulson! So they ranked him up there with the Avengers in terms of need. I like that.

Comment

OMG! Finally saw Winter Soldier today. WOW! a very flawed movie, but I loved every minute and I loved how it tied to the show. I thought they did a pretty weak job connecting The Dark World to the show, but Winter Soldier made the show so much better. Why did they waste so much time on all of those weak early episodes?! If they could just maintain where the show is now it would be so great. I mean having watched the show may have made me like this movie better than the first. . . Nah I really love the first movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
              OMG! Finally saw Winter Soldier today. WOW! a very flawed movie, but I loved every minute and I loved how it tied to the show. I thought they did a pretty weak job connecting The Dark World to the show, but Winter Soldier made the show so much better. Why did they waste so much time on all of those weak early episodes?! If they could just maintain where the show is now it would be so great. I mean having watched the show may have made me like this movie better than the first. . . Nah I really love the first movie.
              Well, they had to world build for lots of folks like me who came to the show without ANY prior knowledge of the Universe.
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                Well, they had to world build for lots of folks like me who came to the show without ANY prior knowledge of the Universe.
                Really?! Why did you pick it up and have you caught up on the movies since you started watching? I mean personally my only knowledge of this Universe comes from the movies and this show.

Comment

I watched it because I'm a Joss Whedon fan and when he came back to TV I had to watch. Then I started to become intrigued by the universe and I started talking to other people who knew more about it and could fill me in. Naturally, I went and saw Winter Soldier now that I'm into SHIELD which prompted me to go out and buy the rest of the films, though I haven't gotten to watch them yet. It's been on my to-do list the last two weekend, but alas...I've been busy.
                  Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Honestly I think you have to be careful about putting the movies into the TV show. Too much and you spoil the movie. Not everyone runs to the theaters when a movie comes out. Some people even wait until it comes out on DVD/blu ray. Seeing both I don't think SHIELD spoils too much about Winter Solider but I still think you have to be cautious.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Honestly I think you have to be careful about putting the movies into the TV show. Too much and you spoil the movie. Not everyone runs to the theaters when a movie comes out. Some people even wait until it comes out on DVD/blu ray. Seeing both I don't think SHIELD spoils too much about Winter Solider but I still think you have to be cautious.
                      I must admit, Im one of those people... But I'm still looking forward to seeing The Winter Soldier.
                      SHIELD has spoiled some aspects of the plot, but not all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                        Just like they had to spend 7-10 or so eps building up SGU before it started getting real good.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Not everyone runs to the theaters when a movie comes out.
                          Well yeah but that is not what Disney wants. I am actually surprised they didn't spoil it more. Their whole point is to get people to watch the show AND run out to see the movie the first weekend it opens. They want you to see it opening weekend and then also buy the Blu-Ray. They don't want you to wait. They want as much of your money as they can get as fast as they can get it. I am surprised that the episode before Winter Soldier opened didn't have written into the dialogue that people had to go see Winter Soldier or they would be lost trying to follow the subsequent S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes.

Comment

Finally caught this ep. Loved deathlok's "Its not personal, i was only following orders" quip back to ward after shocking him, when it was HIS exact words to Skye about why he did what he did.

Also i was shocked to h)E# when the Taihiti project was actually found to have been headed up by Coulson.

Comment

"3 Minutes and 29 Seconds. Really? If you were my agents, you wouldn't be for long..."

Love Hill.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X