• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Only Light In the Darkness (119)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    THE ONLY LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 119
    Coulson races to save the life of a woman from his past after a dangerous criminal is released from the Fridge. Back at the Providence station Skye gets closer to Ward, unaware of his true intentions.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 May 2014, 09:36 PM.

I thought it was cool. Would have loved to see Amy in more scenes. Loved that they didn't keep Ward undercover for much longer.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good episode too. I was sad to see Agent Eric Koenig (Oswalt) leave so early in the show. I was hoping for a few more episodes with him. I did love his lie detector test questions.
      sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a bit to drag out and slow to be honest. shame to see Eric Koenig go, he was probably only added as a temporary character in case Cobie Smulders didn't want to come and join the Agent of Shield full time cast member, as is rumor for season 2, guess pretty much confirm now she the only other link to Fury. I hope we at least we see the fight scene between Koenig and Ward next episode.

Wonder who May mother works for. With everyone betraying each other, I wouldn't be surprise if she betrays her daughter, a season 2 storyline perhaps.

The lie detectors scenes were brilliant. I got a feeling that this isn't going to be the last time we will be seeing Marcus Daniels.

Comment

Another great episode. My thoughts (in no particular order):
          --I didn't really care about Blackout except that he was a means for Coulson to seek out his old love Audrey (aka The Cellist). It is interesting that Blackout said he was experimented on - in order to make him stronger. Does this mean we will see another version of Blackout in the future?
          --I was very sad to see Eric Koenig go, but he was terrific in his two episodes.
          --Absolutely loved the lie detector test questions. May was married?!?! Is she divorced or is she a widow? I like that Tripp is the grandson of one of the original Howling Commandos. Loved all the answers to what's in the box - May: "Machete." Tripp: "Sat phone." Skye: "Laptop, fully charged." Fitz: "Simmons." Simmons: "The Tardis"
          --Poor Fitz - getting very twisted up seeing how Simmons and Tripp are getting along.
          --When May left the base I was screaming, "NOOOOO!!!" even though it made perfect sense. She explained during the lie detector test that she was sticking around for Coulson and he still didn't trust her. Just how long can she expect to beat her head against a wall? I am glad that Coulson realized that he should patch things up with May. Looking forward to seeing that.
          --I'm glad at least *someone* knows Ward is a bad guy now, even though I'm not sure that the rest of the team will find out very quickly since Skye is cut off from all of them for the moment. Still, really hoping the rest of the team finds out about Ward soon. I can't wait to see Coulson's reaction to it.
          --Love Agent May's mom!!! I really hope we can find out a little more about her. (So cool to see that little "Joy Luck Club" reunion.)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

She left a message for the team either that or they will find that agent dead body.

Comment

skye had to have left a message behind.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                skye had to have left a message behind.
                She was eyeing up those glass panels.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  She was eyeing up those glass panels.
                  Yeah that is the only explanation for why she was looking at it that way. I am so glad it is her who discovered Ward. But the show just made a HUGE mistake killing off Agent Eric Koenig. It is so wrong to introduce a light character like that and then kill them off.

Comment

Hopefully he will turn out to be a life model decoy.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                      --I'm glad at least *someone* knows Ward is a bad guy now, even though I'm not sure that the rest of the team will find out very quickly since Skye is cut off from all of them for the moment. Still, really hoping the rest of the team finds out about Ward soon. I can't wait to see Coulson's reaction to it.
                      After watching it, i felt that she was sneaky and used that "Window" monitor to leave some sort of message.

Its just stoking me more and more for what Ward's eventual downfall is going to be

Comment

Absolutely loved this episode. Great to see Coulson in a more vulnerable sense other than stuff to do with T.A.H.I.T.I and I felt that the way they had Fitz gently trying to help his boss was nice given that it's not often the two characters get to interact one on one.
                        The lie detector scenes were also very well done, though I did feel like Eric was a little too ready to accept Ward's answer of being there for skye after being so cagey. Given how distrustful Eric is of others it seemed like Ward was let off the hook too easily, although it was very cool how after the first wrong answer a gun was brought into play... more like a "three strikes and your out" kinda deal (though I think it was more like four strikes).
                        Skye's reaction to Wards betrayal was very well played. Like most I think, while I enjoyed the show from the start I did feel Skye was a little out of place, but now I can't imagine the show without her. The way she simply has a quick panic and then comes out to deal with the situation in the only way out she can find was great an shows that she may not be as heavily trained as some of the other characters, but is extremely resourceful and can hold herself together brilliantly.

Can't wait for next week and really REALLY glad the show has been renewed for a second season.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I loved the twists and turns of this episode.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                          X