• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mockingbird (407)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON FOUR
    MOCKINGBIRD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 407
    Dany takes a new direction in her relationship with Daario, while Tyrion attempts to convince someone to fight for him. Brienne and Pod find a lead on Catelyn's daughters, while in the Eerie Sansa finds herself at the center of Lord Baelish's unfolding schemes.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 May 2014, 08:22 PM.

NOW THAT IS AN EPISODE! ! ! !

HOT PIE RETURNS ! ! ! ! (Something I expected to happen eventually because he was working at the Crossroads Inn.)

And I called it! I said Lysa signed her death warrant when she married Littlefinger. I saw that coming as soon as it happened. The two things I didn't like in this episode have to do with any glimpse of him winning Sansa over and the Daario / Dany thing. That was a great scene with Dany and Mormont.

And I wish it could have gone differently with Bronn, but I knew Oberyn would be Tyrion's champion as soon as they said The Mountain was going to be who he faced. Oberyn's lust for revenge toward The Mountain has been expressed ever since he appeared as a character. So the answer,

Oberyn vs. The Mountain

And I think that might have been Rory McCann's best scene. You know the one I mean.

And they are doing it right. The more scenes they have with Brienne and Poderick, the more I want to watch the show. Really they could do a whole episode of Brienne and Poderick scenes mixed with Arya and Hound scenes and I'd be happy. I think Hot Pie should have joined them on their quest.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode. I can't believe there have already been seven! And now we'll probably get whatever horrible tragedy they have setup for this season in the next two episodes followed the finale filled with setup for next season. UUUUUUGGGGGHHHH ! ! ! I better not get another Red Wedding!

Comment

For once, I called most things that happened in this episode while watching, but looking forward to next week!

Comment

Spoiler:
        Peter Baelish: I love Catelyn Stark, i'm going to be responsible for Her husbands death and i'm going to personally be responsible for her sister's death

Spoiler:
        Oh well Lysa was a psycho anyway, maybe even more psychotic then Cersei, glad she is gone she is definatley no Catelyn Stark
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Awesome episode. I was wondering whether they'd bring the story of Oberyn (and his sister) visiting the Lannisters when Tyrion was born... wonderful acting in that scene.

I was surprised by The Hound sharing his story with Arya, but I guess it fits their story line. It also reinforced how horrible The Mountain is (and probably always was), which makes Oberyn's actions even more intriguing.

Did anyone else think the filming was kinda bad when Cersei visited The Mountain? I get they did it to emphasize his size but it just looked silly and kinda had the opposite effect on me.

The glimpse of Hotpie was great! So good to see him again (and that he's well) and I adored that little Direwolf bread he made for Arya. How sweet! As soon as Brienne told him they were looking for Sansa I was hoping he'd tell them about Arya, and fortunately he had the good sense to do so when they were alone (instead of in the bar).
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh Sansa, how do you keep getting into this mess? I really hated Sansa in the first season but she's really growing on me. She keeps making bad decisions, and why did she not resist that kiss, I can imagine some shock, but this took too long, silly girl. I love her slapping the brat, he had that coming for sooo long.

Thankfully Tyrion has his champion, he deserves one. I still have some hope for him reuniting with Sansa, I know it's naive, but still, it's probably the happiest marriage in the series.

And of course, the wolf pie *happy sigh*

I'm really hoping for Arya to reunite with her wolf, and also meeting Tyran Lanister again, I want to see the look on his face so bad!

Comment

I loved this ep.

Loved Oberyn's talk with Tyrion; it was probably my favorite part of the episode.

Loved Tyrion and Jaime's talk. The Tyrion/Bronn scene was great too.

Loved the Arya/Hound scenes(particularly the first one with the old man, Biter, and Rorge).

Loved Brienne, Pod, and Hot Pie(and the wolf bread thing he made for Arya).

I thought the Jon Snow scene was great, but I wish there was more Wall stuff(not just in this ep but on the show in general).

The scene with Sansa and the snow castle looked really pretty. Robin is anything but sweet. His mother is probably the reason he's so deranged, it's probably a good thing she went flying. She was psycho and did horrible things, but I kind of felt bad for her, she was so desperate for Littlefinger's love. Littlefinger + Sansa = Creepy(IMO). Hopefully she learns a lot from him.
              sigpic

Comment

Robin is another joffrey in the making

and yeah, you'd think that Sansa would have reacted...but remember that around Joff the only safer thing to do was not to react
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

Did anyone else think the filming was kinda bad when Cersei visited The Mountain? I get they did it to emphasize his size but it just looked silly and kinda had the opposite effect on me.
                  It did seem a little off when she stood next to him. I think the worst part is that this is now the 3rd actor playing The Mountain, correct?

Originally posted by damnflamingos View Post

I'm really hoping for Arya to reunite with her wolf, and also meeting Tyran Lanister again, I want to see the look on his face so bad!
                  Yeah what is up with Arya and her wolf? Arya and The Hound were all over the Riverlands and The Neck. That should have been when they were reunited with Nymeria. I think the producers try to avoid anything with the wolves because They don't want to pay for the CG.

I can't wait for the next episode, but we're already so close to the end of the season!

Comment

You know, reading all the comments has got me thinking.
                    We see at the small council where they know exactly where Dany is & what she is doing on Esteros, but nobody knows where Arya or Sansa are on Westeros.
                    And on Dany, she has her army now, why is she not heading for Westeros & the Iron Throne?
                    Wonder how long it will take before Robin goes flying too. And what will happen to Sansa? Will she stay with littlefinger, throw him out the moondoor, or run away?
                    So far they are only showing 9 episodes in this season instead of the usual 10, & there is no indication of a 'part 1/part2' scenario.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      I loved this ep.

Loved Oberyn's talk with Tyrion; it was probably my favorite part of the episode.

Loved Tyrion and Jaime's talk. The Tyrion/Bronn scene was great too.

Loved the Arya/Hound scenes(particularly the first one with the old man, Biter, and Rorge).

Loved Brienne, Pod, and Hot Pie(and the wolf bread thing he made for Arya).

I thought the Jon Snow scene was great, but I wish there was more Wall stuff(not just in this ep but on the show in general).

The scene with Sansa and the snow castle looked really pretty. Robin is anything but sweet. His mother is probably the reason he's so deranged, it's probably a good thing she went flying. She was psycho and did horrible things, but I kind of felt bad for her, she was so desperate for Littlefinger's love. Littlefinger + Sansa = Creepy(IMO). Hopefully she learns a lot from him.
                      It really is.

"In another world you could have been my daughter..." (paraphrasing) But hey, you're not, so let's make out.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Dany is out in the open and not hiding what she does. Sansa and Arya are lost. Sansa was smuggled on a ship and smuggled to the aerie where no one knows who she is (although it did seem odd for her to keep referring to be Robin's cousin, etc when she's trying ot fly under the radar)

Arya fell in amongst the 'rabble' of king's landing. She's also going around as a boy not a girl and honestly no one pays attention to random people in the crowds. Sansa going unnoticed is a bit far fetched, however if littlefinger killed everyone that brought her there, well dead men tell no tales.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          It really is.

"In another world you could have been my daughter..." (paraphrasing) But hey, you're not, so let's make out.
                          LOL, I know, right? That's definitely what every girl wants to hear right before a guy kisses her for the first time; it really sets the mood.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am pretty sure when Sansa was introduced to Robin they told him it was a secret. They are always saying that the Lannisters are after them, but they are safe in the Eerie. I am sure they don't want the Lannisters to know Sansa is there, but at the same time they act like they are untouchable.

Comment

Robin was told that it was a secret. I just think if I were keeping a secret identity I would be tossing around Aunt Lyssa where anyone could possibly hear me.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X