• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Providence (118)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    PROVIDENCE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 118
    When Coulson learns that a U.S. military Colonel is after his team he takes them off the grid, hoping that an old friend is showing him the way. Meanwhile, Hydra rescues Raina and plans an assault on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most secure facility.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 June 2014, 10:14 PM.

Patton Oswalt! I like that guy.

Cool episode, though I am looking forward to more of Colonel Talbot.

I am still surprised they just told Ward where they were instead of meeting him someone else. You know, cause Hydra could hack their comms...

Anyway, I liked it all

Comment

I am looking forward to getting to know Agent Patton Oswalt in the show. His character is going to be one that is underestimated by everyone.

I felt bit sorry for Coulson, with everyone doubting Coulson being sent a signal by an ally, especially when they know S.H.I.E.L.D is built up layer after layer of secrets within itself. In fact the other characters acted a bit self centered I thought.

My only complaint is that I felt we needed an episode where we see Coulson trying to get Shield back together. An at least try to rescue their other allies in other S.H.I.E.L.D installations, bit short change by saying only 4 facilities were retook with no details. A scene where they allow other agents to decide whether they want to go on the run, hand themselves over the Talbot forces or simply be allowed to disappear back into society with a new identity forge by Sky would have been good.

It would have been nice to hear other governments having a say in the decision to break up S.H.I.E.L.D as well, rather than what seem to be just an American only decision. I know the films have to rush over these type of details but it be nice to see them more fully explored in the series.

Evil Ward is awesome, please keep him evil. Through it nice to see two confident S.H.I.E.L.D agents follow the rules for once, it a shame they were killed the second after they legitimately broke the rules to save two agents. Through shouldn't a red alert have been sent out when Ward and Hand failed to arrive on schedule to the prison facility?. An you would have thought a prison facility holding all the scum of the Earth and at least a large cache of exotic and alien weaponry would have enough defences to take out a single attack helicopter.

The Women in a flower dress don't seem at all happy with being told the Clairvoyant is a phony or that she was working for Hydra all along, I don't think she will be doing the whole Hail Hydra thing anytime soon. An I wonder what she wanted to ask the clairvoyant and what is she looking for. I got a feeling she may be connected to Sky and the Chinese village Sky was taken from or another object of unknown origin.
      Did anyone else burst out laughing when agent Garrett told that solder to stop doing the hail Hydra thing like they in some cheerleading group.
      I wonder where that chair leads to?

Also for an organisation that spent decades building itself up, Hydra facility looks a bit makeshift to me.

If it wasn't a Fury that bought back Coulson, who the hell did. secrets within secrets, lies upon lies.

An let hope Fury has plenty of other secret bases, the one in Canada not going to stay secret with the kids inviting their Hydra affiliated boyfriends around.
      Last edited by knowles2; 16 April 2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

As much as I hated the idea of Ward being Hydra in the last episode, I have to say that I am kind of enjoying evil Ward at the moment. It is a good look for him and he is doing a great job of it.

I did enjoy Agent Oswalt too. His personality is fun and a great contrast to Coulson's. Their interactions should be a lot of fun in coming episodes.
        sigpic

Comment

I do like that they went all out evil with Ward. I thought he was being controlled by one of those eye implants or by something seen in the Cap 2 movie. No he is just a evil guy.

I believe The Abomination was being held in the fringe. I think he might show up in the next the movie.

Comment

This episode ended well, but I was kind of bored at first. After last weeks event I expected to keep that pace the whole time, but it didn't really do that.

I also feel Coulson is being a little childish about Mae, she was under orders from Fury himself. WOuld he expect her to break orders of that magnitude for friendship? Seems like Mae\Fury had Coulson's best interest in mind anyway.
            sigpic

Comment

Then Bastages at ABC have gone back to having to "verify" to watch the episode. CRAP!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Then Bastages at ABC have gone back to having to "verify" to watch the episode. CRAP!
                They have been doing that since January. Its a money thing.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  This episode ended well, but I was kind of bored at first. After last weeks event I expected to keep that pace the whole time, but it didn't really do that.

I also feel Coulson is being a little childish about Mae, she was under orders from Fury himself. WOuld he expect her to break orders of that magnitude for friendship? Seems like Mae\Fury had Coulson's best interest in mind anyway.
                  I agree Spimman. Coulson drags them all to some remote spot in Canada because it was from a "message from Fury" through his badge. Blind faith all the way, yet when Mae obey's Fury's orders she is put in the dog house because of it. *shakes head*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    They have been doing that since January. Its a money thing.
                    Not sure I understand.

Good points on Coulson having faith the message was from Fury, but angry at May for spying on him.

Was the Gravitonium what Ward found under the Fridge or was it something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                      Not sure I understand.

Good points on Coulson having faith the message was from Fury, but angry at May for spying on him.

Was the Gravitonium what Ward found under the Fridge or was it something else?
                      I presumed it was the Gravitonium but it could also be the place that S.H.I.E.L.D has put other stuff to lose in the system.

Comment

I've liked the show from the beginning and it's just been getting better and better.

Coulson has some terrific moments in this episode as he tries to convince the team that Fury is alive and that SHIELD and its ideals still exist and are important. Evil Ward continues to be much more interesting and exciting than Good Ward. However, I was not a big fan of SkyeWard before and the revelation that he is a bad guy doesn't make me like the ship any more. But I understand it makes the stakes higher and becomes an even bigger betrayal in Skye's eyes.

And speaking of betrayal, the one thing about Coulson that is still bugging me is how he has taken such a hard line with May for keeping secrets from him and reporting to Fury behind his back. As others have mentioned, Coulson finds out that Fury kept things from him and yet he has faith that Fury is alive and reaching out to him. But May following Fury's orders - in order to protect Coulson - that seems to be an unforgivable sin. Hey Coulson, remember when you explained to Skye about the blue alien and said that you shouldn't tell the rest of the team in order to protect them? I do hope their friendship can be repaired at some point.

So, Coulson found out that Garrett was the Clairvoyant and a bond has been broken between Coulson and May due to the secrets she was keeping (on Fury's orders). These are people Coulson has known for a long time and his view of them has changed (to different degrees, of course). Interesting that it hasn't occurred to him that any of the rest of the team could be hiding anything, too. How will Coulson take it when he finds out that Ward was with Hydra all along?

Based on the promos for next week:
                        Spoiler:
                        It looks like Skye finds out the truth about Ward. Is it Ward who reveals himself to her? Does she find out in some other way? As much as I like Evil Ward, I do hope that the mask comes off soon. I can't wait to find out how the team reacts to his betrayal.

Tuesday can't come soon enough!!!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I'm kinda wondering how much millage they are going to get out of Evil Ward. Is he actually going to be a long term bad guy or are they going to take him out by the end of the season?
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            I'm kinda wondering how much millage they are going to get out of Evil Ward. Is he actually going to be a long term bad guy or are they going to take him out by the end of the season?
                            I don't think they will kill him off just as they are starting to allow that character to grow and shine as he always was intended to be.

However, character death is not something new and it would be cool to have a regular cast member taken out during the first season (unlike Angel )

Comment

I've also been wondering if he will see season 2, but i have mixed feelings about it, i think it would be really cool if he switched sides again cus of sky but was killed in an epic fight or something, but then again i really like evil Ward so i think he should be kept around as a villain for season 2

I was kind of expecting May to be the Hydra agent ya know? cus that's the type of role Ming-na usually plays
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                              X