Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who have seen Winter Soldier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who have seen Winter Soldier...

PLEASE - NO SPOILERS!

I have been watching Agents of Shield faithfully. I've enjoyed it from the start and enjoyed it more and more as the series went on. I am sure I'm one of the very few people out there who is watching the show and has not seen any of the Marvel films! (Truly - not one.)

I know there is a tie-in between the movie and TV show and I will see the movie. Does anyone know just how lost I'll be without seeing the other films? (If I had time and money I try to have movie marathon and get caught up within the next few days, but that ain't happening.)

Which films do you think I must catch first before seeing Winter Soldier?

Thanks!
    Last edited by meredithchandler73; 04 April 2014, 05:16 AM. Reason: Corrected punctuation.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Really, to be ready before watching "The Winter Soldier", I should think "Captain America" and "The Avengers" (in that order). It'll be enough to get you caught up on the plot and references.

But in connection with what will probably be happening soon on "Agents of SHIELD", just watching TWS should be enough to connect the plotline for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Really, to be ready before watching "The Winter Soldier", I should think "Captain America" and "The Avengers" (in that order). It'll be enough to get you caught up on the plot and references.

But in connection with what will probably be happening soon on "Agents of SHIELD", just watching TWS should be enough to connect the plotline for you.
      Agreed. I was originally going to say you'd be fine with just Captain America, but Avengers will get you more familiar with most of the main SHIELD characters in TWS.

Comment

Bare minimum...

Captain America
        Avengers
        SHIELD 1.01 - 1.16
        Winter Soldier
        SHIELD 1.17 - 1.22

While I kind of gave up on SHIELD (I'll get back to it later when I can marathon it), I've been doing my best to keep up with how it ties into and relates to the Marvel films. Doing my best not to spoil too much...

Thinking it over, I decided to spoiler tag this anyway. It should not include anything that the TV series hasn't already introduced you to, but this way if you get mad it's your own fault

Spoiler:
        • Iron Man 1 - Introduces Tony Stark/Iron Man, Stark Industries, Agent Coulson & SHIELD
        • The Incredible Hulk - Introduces Bruce Banner/Hulk, teases Captain America
        • Iron Man 2 - Teases Captain America
        • Thor - Introduces Thor and the Asgardians
        • Captain America - Introduces Cap and Hydra
        • The Avengers - Culmination of "Phase One"
        • Iron Man 3 - Introduces extremis
        • Agents of SHIELD 1.01 - Ties into The Avengers via Coulson, IM3 via extremis
        • Agents of SHIELD 1.06 - Very very loosely ties into The Avengers
        • Thor: The Dark World - Mostly stands alone, but introduces Infinity Gems
        • Agents of SHIELD 1.08 - Ties into Thor TDW (kinda loosely)
        • Agents of SHIELD 1.10-11 - Ties into The Avengers
        • Agents of SHIELD 1.14-15 - Loosely ties into Thor 1 & 2
        • Agents of SHIELD 1.16 - Leads into The Winter Soldier
        • The Winter Soldier - BIG BIG STUFF happens!
        • Agents of SHIELD 1.17-22 - Will be directly affected by the events of The Winter Soldier

Last edited by DigiFluid; 07 April 2014, 12:42 PM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thanks for all the replies folks! I decided that I *had* to see Winter Soldier before catching ep 1x17, so after talking with a few people (none of whom watch Agents of SHIELD), I figured the first Captain America movie and Avengers should be enough backstory for me...and it was just perfect. Within 48 hours I watched Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Captain America: Winter Soldier, and then Marvel's Agents of SHIELD ep 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn". It's been quite a marathon and I've loved it!

Now I'm on a bit of a Marvel Cinematic Universe kick and plan to watch the other films....except maybe The Hulk. (Sorry - Edward Norton as Bruce Banner just doesn't grab me. I did enjoy Mark Ruffalo though.) I borrowed Iron Man from my local library and I have Iron Man 2 and 3 on hold for me. Woohoo!

-Caroline
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            (Sorry - Edward Norton as Bruce Banner just doesn't grab me. I did enjoy Mark Ruffalo though.)
            See I was the other way around. I thought Ed Norton did a great job as Banner, and was MAD when they said they weren't having him back for The Avengers -- especially given that I generally really don't care for Mark Ruffalo. How pleasant a surprise it was for me when it turned out that Ruffalo did a wonderful job with the role in The Avengers.

Enjoy the Iron Man flicks! The second movie kinda sucks, but RDJ's portrayal of Tony Stark is spot-on in all three films, and a joy to watch. 1 is excellent, 2 is meh, and 3 comes back to being pretty darn good.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Turn Turn Turn is definitely better watching it after you have seen Cap 2, i watched Cap 2 today and as soon as i got home i watched Turn Turn Turn, it was awesome

felt i should spoiler this
              Spoiler:

I was gonna hold of to see Cap 2 on DVD but then i thought i'd have to wait to see more AOS (which is one of the few shows i'm caught up with) so i held off of watching Turn Turn Turn for a couple of days until i saw Cap 2, and when i got home i watched Turn Turn Turn Straight away was fun but i confused a few scenes from Cap 2 to Turn Turn Turn lol like i thought the Douchebag senator from Iron Man 2 was arrested in AOS
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
              X