This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unsynchronized View Post
    I am guessing that either some fan got carried away with "promoting" the project, or as suggest in this thread, there was some reason not going to be made public. Either way I am done. I can't disprove the allegations of a kangaroo court.
    I am guessing that, since you have no affiliation with MGM but try to kickstart their IP, it looks a mighty lot like a scam.

Originally posted by icur2ys4ye View Post
    I am really disappointed that the fans of this show wouldn't support any campaign regardless of how far fetched it might seem.
    because it is too far fetched. A miniseries would've been extraordinarily difficult to get let alone a whole season

Comment

Agreed. If I would be doing a kikstarter, I would start founding for a mini-series (maybe 1 movie and a mini series). It costs (well, it costed) 2M just for filming 1 episode, and it costed MGM 7M to pay for Ark and another 7M for Continuum, so a movie and a 4-part mini-series would cost 15M. The 4-part mini-series alone would cost 8 million.

But it looks like a kickstarter without MGM's full support can't even reach 1M, so it's safe to say that this kickstarter, or any other for that matter, without MGM's backing, is a bust and is doomed to fail right in the start.

Comment

I'd like Universe to conclude with a video game, one where you get to take control of several different characters, go on missions through the gate, control Destiny in battles and between all this you get to run around the ship, talk to others about various topics, control a Kino, grab a meal in the mess etc.

Much more viable than a series as the actors don't need to act, just provide voices so other commitments won't necessarily be interfered with. I know Stargate has had bad luck when it comes to video games but we can always hope.

Comment

Working...
        X