Backing Destiny on kickstarter

Fan funded revival of SGU.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-3-20-episodes

Let's hope they get there!

Originally posted by Unsynchronized View Post
    Fan funded revival of SGU.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-3-20-episodes

Let's hope they get there!
    As much as I and others appreciate this attempt, trying to kick start a 3rd season of sgu is a bad idea because the actors have moved on to other projects, a better idea would have been to done a kick starter either on another season of sga since less of them have moved on or on a sgu or sg1 or sga film, a film could work to continue the series maybe but not another season, the creator of the kick starter should make it that in the terms of mgm doesn't go for having another season other options are available they should need to note this in the kick starter though so fans know exactly what the money could possibly go towards. Plus a sg1 or sga specially sg1 are more likely to be funded more then sgu

Comment

As much as I wish it'd happen a publicly funded season 3 wouldnt happen.
      Is there any official backing at all, anything from SyFy/MGM that says if you get XYZ amount of money we'll do it?
      Best bet would be something more realistic, maybe a few episode mini series sort of thing but a whole season, never happen sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
        As much as I wish it'd happen a publicly funded season 3 wouldnt happen.
        Is there any official backing at all, anything from SyFy/MGM that says if you get XYZ amount of money we'll do it?
        Best bet would be something more realistic, maybe a few episode mini series sort of thing but a whole season, never happen sorry...
        Yeah that's what I was pointing out but you should still back it for the sake of showing mgm we support stargate

Comment

I agree with what everyone said. SG-1 and SGA have more chances at getting a movie continuation or even another season or even a combo series than SGU.

Besides, if people at MGM change their minds and regret cancelling Stargate, I can easily see them wanting to resume work on the products that actually still had some fuel in it. Both SG-1 and SGA still had good ratings by the time they ended, so if the MGM runners are smart, they will give those shows another chance.

The only way to conclude SGU is to create a new series that would take place after what would be SGU's planned finale. Have a couple of actors come back for an episode or 2, even if it's just to get them to say "Hey! We're fine, the ship completed its mission and we came back home!".

If you want a continuation of SGU - fanfiction is a way to go. Sometimes a book is better than a movie.

Some people tend to revive a show that's already ended (example: Friends). But it just can't work if even the actors don't want to do it because they've already moved on to do other things in life. The same case is with SGU. With the other two shows - like I said before - the situation might or may be a little different.

Comment

$652 of a requested $50,000,000
            sigpic

Comment

Your biggest problem is not actually money but getting the cast and crew back. The actors have all gone onto other project. They just can't violate their contracts to redo a Stargate TV show
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

If you can get a green-light from SyFy or MGM saying that if you raise x amount of dollars they'll play ball, this will be a lot more successful.

Comment

50 million and a 20 episode series is a bit... ambitious. A 3-episode miniseries or so would be difficult enough to fund, let alone 20 episodes

Comment

In my opinion this kick starter should be cancelled and instead:

Gateworld users plan a kick starter discuss a funding goal and what the goal should be towards that way a nice amount of money is funded on the first day. Even if the goal is never reached if we raised enough mgm may see the interest stargate still has ans that people are willing to pay for it. I think some one should organize a kick starter properly I still donated to this one for support but a better more discussed organized one would be better specially if gateworld.net staff were on board

Comment

At this point any feasible continuation would have to be in print. A TV continuation isn't just prohibitively expensive, it's wildly impractical too. It simply isn't going to happen.

Comment

Are you sure that you didn't post this a day too late ? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                          Are you sure that you didn't post this a day too late ? ;-)
                          It was launched yesterday.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                            It was launched yesterday.
                            depends what country you in he actually posted it 2nd April australia time. He also updated saying yes its not an April Fool's joke

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              At this point any feasible continuation would have to be in print. A TV continuation isn't just prohibitively expensive, it's wildly impractical too. It simply isn't going to happen.
                              It's also not going to happen because:
                              - the sets, props and costumes have all been sold;
                              - the crew members, who worked behind the scenes, have also (and most probably) found other employments;
                              - the actors and actresses, even if they would consider coming back (and I'm considering all three series here), wouldn't come back to work for the same writers-producers: the former ones would probably be demoted to just being the producers who would work with the newly hired writers so continuity could be mantiained (provided that MGM would still want to bring back the old fanbase back to the franchise);
                              - both MGM and Syfy just aren't currently interested in making more Stargate episodes.

They just care for the products that actually make them a lot of money. Which Stargate didn't to in its final two years.

The point of all this discussion is: any kickstarter is a bust, unless the fanbase contacts MGM and gets them to even think about doing any Stargate stuff for television.

Simply put, that's how things stand right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X