Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1017181920 21 LastLast

Thread: The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Default Re: The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

She proclaimed no blood with blood

Plus she made the sky people the 13th clan.

Would that make Luna's people the 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    She proclaimed no blood with blood
    Oh yeah, she did didn't she

I don't think people recognized that...especially after her death. I'm pretty sure the Ice Nation won't even bother considering that proclamation.

Okay, so I just finished season 3 and I swear if this had not been renewed for a fourth season I woud have quit watching halfway through.

My goddess, season 3 was grating on my nerves like you have no idea.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Granting in a good way or you thought the show got worse. I just wanted Pike to die in every episode

Pike was a bit of a cliché.

I've just come to the realization that Pike is just like Trump

Granting in a good way or you thought the show got worse. I just wanted Pike to die in every episode
    Grating in a bad way -- in the same kind of way I absolutely did not like season 3 of (new) Battlestar Galactica. It just dragged on.

I mean, just when you thought they were gonna beat Allie, there's another obstacle. It got ridiculous and I really had to refrain from yelling "OH COME OOOOON..." more than once.

Erica was awesome as Allie though -- creepy but awesome.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    I don't think people recognized that...especially after her death. I'm pretty sure the Ice Nation won't even bother considering that proclamation.
    Especially since they were all against her initiating the sky people as the 13th clan from the get go.

Yay! The 100 has been renewed for a fifth season!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...-5-in-2017-18/

I love the show but given its serial nature and it's S5, I wonder if they should start ending it

Yeah, this really isn't the type of show that could go 10 seasons. I think 5 seasons is a good run for a serialized show, otherwise they'll end up repeating things too much; there are only so many times they can argue with/fight the grounders or fight amongst themselvese before it gets really old. If they can come up with something really different for season 5, that could extend into season 6, I wouldn't be against that though.

I love the show but given its serial nature and it's S5, I wonder if they should start ending it
    I would like an ending, where EVERYONE DIES!!

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Yeah, this really isn't the type of show that could go 10 seasons. I think 5 seasons is a good run for a serialized show, otherwise they'll end up repeating things too much; there are only so many times they can argue with/fight the grounders or fight amongst themselvese before it gets really old. If they can come up with something really different for season 5, that could extend into season 6, I wouldn't be against that though.
    I agree. Shows like flash-arrow i can see lasting 5-7 seasons, but not much longer after that. Something like this, i feel should have capped at 4 seasons..

Captain

If all they're going to do is continually fight, yeah, I don't care if they kill it this year, let alone next.
    But if they can break out of that mold, they do have a good premise for a a long run; the struggle for survival and rebuilding their former society.

Since the various stripes of "grounders" have already more than adequately demonstrated that they are not capable of a peaceful existence even with themselves, I'd like to see the ark survivors find a way to kill off the lot of them so they can focus on surviving the environment and rebuilding without constantly having to expend their energies fighting the savages.

That would set them up with situation that could maintain audience interest for a long run.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    If all they're going to do is continually fight, yeah, I don't care if they kill it this year, let alone next.
    But if they can break out of that mold, they do have a good premise for a a long run; the struggle for survival and rebuilding their former society.

Since the various stripes of "grounders" have already more than adequately demonstrated that they are not capable of a peaceful existence even with themselves, I'd like to see the ark survivors find a way to kill off the lot of them so they can focus on surviving the environment and rebuilding without constantly having to expend their energies fighting the savages.

That would set them up with situation that could maintain audience interest for a long run.
    Or they could be united by a common foe. An outside group expanding its territory? Bumping into Panem? I don't know. But that world seems very small. If so many people in a small area could have survived, there must be many more organized groups out there. Or maybe the Ark survivors can find a friendly third party...

Captain

Normally, I'd agree, unifying to fight a common enemy would be a valid theory. But the grounders have already demonstrated that such an alliance is valid in their eyes only as long as it suits them. The second they don't see value in the alliance, they're right back to warring against their former allies.
    They can't be trusted as an ally.

As far as other groups, maybe, maybe not. Any survivors of the initial disaster have had 100 years to run into each other and form larger groups. The Mt. Weather people may have been a collection of survivors from that section of the country.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Or they could be united by a common foe. An outside group expanding its territory? Bumping into Panem? I don't know. But that world seems very small. If so many people in a small area could have survived, there must be many more organized groups out there. Or maybe the Ark survivors can find a friendly third party...
    I agree, right now their world consists of the relatively local Grounder population and the people from the Ark. Their world seems kind of small and it pretty much limits the stories they can tell. If they're going to keep the show going, I think it would be interesting if they encountered another organised group of people somewhere (or maybe they were driven to where the Arkers/Grounders are by the radiation or something), preferably a technologically advanced group. A common foe for the Arkers and Grounders to unite against. Or they could be be a mixed group of people, some who want to help out, and others that want to take advantage of or manipulate the Arkers or Grounders (or individual people of each/either group) for their own ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I'd like to see the ark survivors find a way to kill off the lot of them so they can focus on surviving the environment and rebuilding without constantly having to expend their energies fighting the savages.

Big issue there, is even if they DO get rid of the grounders, the Arc survivors don't number (realistically) Sufficient quantity of people to create a stable new society..

I agree, right now their world consists of the relatively local Grounder population and the people from the Ark. Their world seems kind of small and it pretty much limits the stories they can tell. If they're going to keep the show going, I think it would be interesting if they encountered another organised group of people somewhere (or maybe they were driven to where the Arkers/Grounders are by the radiation or something), preferably a technologically advanced group. A common foe for the Arkers and Grounders to unite against. Or they could be be a mixed group of people, some who want to help out, and others that want to take advantage of or manipulate the Arkers or Grounders (or individual people of each/either group) for their own ends.
    That is one thing that has irked me. Other than SEEING the one that crashed in the Ice nation, they have NOT even touched on any of the other 10 parts of the arc that came down. NOR have they shown any other lands in the world.. Surely there are survivors on other continents...